Healing/blessing Testimonies Unbiblical?

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's not quite right or accurate. The sinner is the one who causes others who are weak in faith to stumble and some to lose their salvation... woe to those who cause others to stumble .

I don't think there is any other way to interpret 1 Corinthians 8:13

The popular interpretation in this forum seems quite the opposite of what 1 Cor 8:13 to say.

The verse say we should be careful of our deeds when other Christians are around.

Popular interpretation on the other hand says, it doesn't matter, we can do whatever is OK with our doctrinal belief.

Stating a popular example, some Christians believe all manner of alcohol consumption is sin. On the other-hand, many Christians believe that drinking wine is not a sin as long as you remain sober - I belong in this crowd but I will also disguise my drinking of wine by mixing wine with another beverage such as chocolate drink or soda or even with chocolate brownies.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't think there is any other way to interpret 1 Corinthians 8:13
This does not follow from the very next statement in the post.
People of the world follow voices that are wrong, so of course they explain away the truth.
The popular interpretation in this forum seems quite the opposite of what 1 Cor 8:13 to say.
The world loves the world, and does not love God's Truth nor His Word nor His people.

On the other-hand, many Christians believe that drinking wine is not a sin as long as you remain sober - I belong in this crowd but I will also disguise my drinking of wine by mixing wine with another beverage such as chocolate drink or soda or even with chocolate brownies.
So, wrong. Usually but not always because of pride and self-will.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So, wrong. Usually but not always because of pride and self-will.

What I know is in the Bible, getting drunk (not sober) is sin.

It doesn't say that drinking wine is sin (perhaps as long as you don't drink too much, you remain sober).

But I'm also aware of Christians who believes drinking wine even in tiny quantity is sin so I keep my consumption of wine discreet I don't let other Christians know I'm consuming alcohol.

That said, I haven't consumed alcohol for many months now. Honestly, I can't tell the difference. I didn't experience any withdrawal because I never drank enough to get drunk. I only drink tiny quantities of alcohol (usually to enhance flavor of homemade snacks and beverage.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
What I know is in the Bible
The Religious Teachers, Rabbis, Saducees and Pharisees knew the Scripture better than anyone we know today. They had it memorized,
and as Jesus says: You search the Scripture (daily, diligently, studying constantly) THINKING that in Scripture you will have/find/ life. Well, here I AM. The same ones who know the Bible sought to kill Jesus.
Same today. Men have not improved. The world is under a death sentence because of sin.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟56,365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because such things don't matter when compared to the saving truth - the Word of God as opposed to the lies and false teachings of the world that wormed its way into "Christian teachings".
Something to be concerned about for anyone seeking Truth.

Upvote 0