Warrior for Christ
Feb 27, 2004
South Texas
Visit site
✟561.00
Faith
Christian
In your opinion, What is The Gospel?

Is it simply, Jesus Saves? Does it include more?

Does it go as far as, Mankind is naturally sinful and Jesus Saves?

Perhaps it includes more? Maybe, God loves you, mankind is naturally sinful and Jesus Saves?

Maybe The Gospel includes everything from Genesis to Revelation?

Your thoughts?

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the last chapter of Luke Jesus revealed the truth of all scripture that existed at that point in time. Before He did this the 2 on the road to Emmaus thought that Jesus let them down because He didn't deliver them from the Romans. They heard it, saw it and lived it ,but did not understand it. It took all of scripture, an open heart and mind and God, to reveal this truth.
The gospel = All scripture, a submitted life and the Holy Spirit. Take any of these away and the hearer will hear a different gospel.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The gospel needs the bad news to show it's good news.

If I come up to you and say I just paid a $50,000 ticket on your behalf, you may thank me, or you may be insulted that I think you had such a fine.

If I came and said there was a blind children's convention, and you went speeding through, the law clocked you going way over the speed, and you almost hit a child, so there's a $50,000 fine you owe, then tell you I've paid it on your behalf, it makes the news good.

Upvote 0

Lynn73

Jesus' lamb
Sep 15, 2003
Visit site
✟23,113.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is the gospel:

1 Corinthians 15:1-11
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep F58 in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: 5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. 7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles. 8 And last of all he was seen of me also, as of one born out of due time. 9 For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. 11 Therefore whether it were I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.
The good news that Jesus died for our sins and rose again and through faith in Him we can have eternal life.

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree Lynn. :clap:

It is so important that we understand the simplicity and the importance some times of knowing nothing "except Jesus Christ and Him crucified!"

This is the good news and without that knowledge no one can become a Christian!!

It is also so important to realize that Jesus paid for ALL of our sins and there is absolutely nothing that we can do to have sins forgiven other than accepting Jesus sacrifice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums