Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | Christ Will Send The Holy Spirit | This World Is Judged | Love Revealed By Jesus Christ

WordAloud

Nov 14, 2012
✟21,284.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everybody,

This is my reflection for today. It is John's Gospel and Jesus' prayer for his disciples to know him and go into the world to save the world.

It is a message of such love.

There is audio and more text on my website here: Daily Bible Verses Easter Season To Pentecost | Tuesday Week 6 | Christ Will Send The Holy Spirit | This World Is Judged – Listen To the Bible! | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version

My reflection goes like this:

John 16: 5-11 | King James Audio Bible | KJV | King James Version​

5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?
6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Jesus continues to teach his disciples, presenting to them the true meaning of his Passion and crucifixion to come, and also consoling the disciples: Jesus tells his disciples that his imminent death on the cross is necessary; it is through the crucifixion that he returns to the Father, and will then send to the disciples the Holy Spirit, the Paraclete, the Counsellor, the Comforter, to be with them forever.

The disciples are confused and saddened by what Jesus has told them about his imminent death. They do not really grasp the fact of Jesus’ heavenly glory, that he sits now, in our time, at the right hand of the Father; what they know is what has been for them the lived reality of Jesus present in their midst as God incarnate, the God-man who has given them the words of life and salvation. Throughout the discourse of the Last Supper, Jesus is careful to explain to them the truth, knowing too that they will only fully come to understand when they receive the Holy Spirit at Pentecost.

In these verses of the Bible, the word ‘world’ is used to refer to those who have not believed in Jesus and who have rejected him, those people who are not with Jesus and therefore are against him, enemies because they choose to remain in sin rather than to accept salvation. Jesus explains that there will be justice. Those people who choose to follow the Evil One, Satan, rather than Christ will be judged.

‘[W]e are united through sharing in the Holy Spirit. If we put aside the natural way of life, and surrender once and for all to the laws of the Spirit, it is incontrovertible that, by denying, in a sense, our own life and assuming the heavenly form of the Holy Spirit so that he becomes woven into our being, we are transformed, so to speak, into another nature. We are no longer just men but sons of God; we receive the name of heavenly men because we are made partakers of the divine nature.’ St Cyril of Alexandria

Additionally: here is Psalm 76 on YouTube: