GreenEyedLady

My little Dinky Doo
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟4,791.00
Faith
Baptist
Revelation 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.
11 And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God,
12 Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
13 ¶And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they?
14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

These verses should get your friends attention also. The verses prove that people will be in heaven that NO MAN can number,(way more than 144,000)
After I showed my EX-JW friend this verse, the debate stopped.
GEL
:kiss:

Upvote 0

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
GreenEyedLady said:
They are from the 12 tribes, they are Jews, not Gentiles. Show him where it says that 144,000 are men and Jews at that! I went over and over with my friend about this verse. She used to tell me that the word men and virgins is "symbolic" to mean "pure people" When I told her that the verse would then contradic itself. The bible never uses a verse to mean both literal and symbolic. Its either literal or symbolic, so I told her ..........either 144,000 is literal, like she believed, or its also symbolic. If its literal, then the entire verse has to be taken literally, if its symbolic then the number must be taken that ways also.
I hope I am making some kind of sense to you.
GEL
This is my understanding of the 144,000 also. I have reading and occasionally putting in my 2 cents on the JW threads in the UO section of CF and I am not going to lie to you all, I am apauled at the way they masacre the Word of God and at the little respect and awe they have for Jesus. The more I have been learning about the JW beliefs over there, the more I feel the hair raising on the back of my neck.

Upvote 0

Frankie

Forgiven
May 4, 2004
Earth
✟2,253.00
Faith
Christian
Frankie said:
This is my understanding of the 144,000 also. I have reading and occasionally putting in my 2 cents on the JW threads in the UO section of CF and I am not going to lie to you all, I am apauled at the way they masacre the Word of God and at the little respect and awe they have for Jesus. The more I have been learning about the JW beliefs over there, the more I feel the hair raising on the back of my neck.
I am also appauled at my spelling in the above posts but too lazy to fix it. LOL

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.