With the Democratic Party drop Joe Biden?

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I wouldn't say exactly what you did, one doesn't need liberal propaganda to arrive in that ballpark. One only need look at who works in those fields, or what sort of content comes out of each camp to get there.

Heck, conservatives' own propaganda feeds this: the mainstream media is liberal; the scientific establishment is liberal; the arts and entertainment industries are liberal... You guys have been dumping on those fields for decades, if not a century or more. Here and there, you've tried to set up parallel conservative-focused industries, like CCM, but by and large it hasn't been as good as the "liberal" or "worldly" alternatives it's been trying to substitute.

If conservatives want to be known as skilled in those fields, just go do them, and do them well, instead of whining about how you can't get taken seriously when putting out substandard work. But that isn't going to happen, because how are you supposed to develop talent in those fields when you spend a bunch of time deriding them?
I think the idea that there aren’t conservatives in the fields of science, literature and art is perposterous. Although I agree that art, literature and entertainment that's obscene is more popular with the world. When it comes to science, it's mainly climate change, evolution and sex changes on children that are derided by conservatives. And of course that gets turned into conservatives are against science as a whole. When they don't want obscene books in elementary school libraries, that gets turned into conservatives being against literature as a whole.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,744.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think the idea that there aren’t conservatives in the fields of science, literature and art is perposterous.

I know it is. I work in the entertainment industry. There are plenty of conservatives.

Although I agree that art, literature and entertainment that's obscene is more popular with the world.

The left doesn’t have a monopoly on obscenity.

When it comes to science, it's mainly climate change, evolution and sex changes on children that are derided by conservatives. And of course that gets turned into conservatives are against science as a whole.

ah, so conservatives are only against the science that runs counter to their political and religious interests. got it.

(I’m not talking about trans issues)

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know it is. I work in the entertainment industry. There are plenty of conservatives.

The left doesn’t have a monopoly on obscenity.

ah, so conservatives are only against the science that runs counter to their political and religious interests. got it.

(I’m not talking about trans issues)
There's that and also how flawed those fields are.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟311,840.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
When it comes to science, it's mainly climate change, evolution and sex changes on children that are derided by conservatives. And of course that gets turned into conservatives are against science as a whole.

The "sex changes" things come long after the right turned against science and is not relevant.

The practice of science is temperamentally conservative and politically neutral, but the opposition of conservatives (particularly the religious kind) to evolution AND climate change science is NOT a coincidence. It was deliberate.

For decades, those who put their interpretation of religious texts ahead of the scientific evidence attacked science (specifically biology, but also geology and astronomy) for being anti-Christian. (CF has a whole section or 2 just for this.)

When the fossil fuel industry decided to attack climate change science one of their vectors to cast doubt was to play upon those who already doubted or rejected science because of creationism.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,136,791.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Biden is not a narcissistic megalomaniac like some other candidates.
I believe that if he felt it was necessary to save our country, he would step aside citing health reasons.
He doesn't want to see all those grandchildren living in a totalitarian dictatorship--and neither do i.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟77,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Biden is not a narcissistic megalomaniac like some other candidates.
I believe that if he felt it was necessary to save our country, he would step aside citing health reasons.
He doesn't want to see all those grandchildren living in a totalitarian dictatorship--and neither do i.
In my opinion, Joe Biden and his Administration has already been behaving as a totalitarian government.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow! Then should the worst happen, you will feel virtually imprisoned in January.
You ain't seen nothing yet; pray we never will.
That's kinda funny since he was against everyone being virtually imprisoned during the lockdowns.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
In my opinion, Joe Biden and his Administration has already been behaving as a totalitarian government.
“Totalitarian“ seems to cover a wide terrain, why don’t you narrow that for us a bit and tell us what totalitarian things his administration has done?
Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Seattle area.
✟626,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
“Totalitarian“ seems to cover a wide terrain, why don’t you narrow that for us a bit and tell us what totalitarian things his administration has done?
Thanks.
Who? Bad orange man?
Your moss-covered three-handled family gradunza?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Who? Bad orange man?
Your moss-covered three-handled family gradunza?
I do not know either as I asked for specifics from someone who isn’t you and I doubt you can read minds any better than I.

Upvote 0