Wicked Lose your salvation Documentary on YouTube promoting a works based salvation

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You and others get confused at times by Paul's wording of the gospel. But it is the same gospel -Christ's gospel that he preached and taught.

Paul himself too, always taught on different levels at times so he could reach everyone. But make no mistake, it is the same gospel.

II Corinthians 2:12 "Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,"'

To say he did not preach Christ's gospel is untrue.

Both gospels are about Christ (Galatians 1:11-12).

It doesn't imply they are the same. Prophecy vs mystery: Since the world began

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Both gospels are about Christ (Galatians 1:11-12).

It doesn't imply they are the same. Prophecy vs mystery: Since the world began
But Paul was a chosen vessel to bear Christ's name for both the Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 9:15
"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But Paul was a chosen vessel to bear Christ's name for both the Jews and Gentiles.

Acts 9:15
"But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

That is unrelated to my point in the post you are replying to.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is unrelated to my point in the post you are replying to.
In my experience, those who believe in Mid Acts Dispensationalism hold to the view that Paul preached the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter preached a different gospel to the Jews. The above verse demonstrates that Paul preached the gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. As I pointed out in Acts 13:42-49, Paul preached to the Jews and they rejected his gospel message, and so he went to the Gentiles. This proves there weren’t two gospels. There has always been one gospel. It was prophesied about in the Old Covenant until Jesus came. When Jesus arrived in Incarnate form, the gospel was preached, and Paul gave us the details of that gospel more clearly to people (Because people were looking at the gospel message with the gospel event had already happened). Why else would there be 4 gospel accounts? They all demonstrated one thing. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Well, that is if you believe the gospel accounts.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my experience, those who believe in Mid Acts Dispensationalism hold to the view that Paul preached the gospel to the Gentiles and Peter preached a different gospel to the Jews. The above verse demonstrates that Paul preached the gospel to both Jews and Gentiles. As I pointed out in Acts 13:42-49, Paul preached to the Jews and they rejected his gospel message, and so he went to the Gentiles. This proves there weren’t two gospels. There has always been one gospel. It was prophesied about in the Old Covenant until Jesus came. When Jesus arrived in Incarnate form, the gospel was preached, and Paul gave us the details of that gospel more clearly to people (Because people were looking at the gospel message with the gospel event had already happened). Why else would there be 4 gospel accounts? They all demonstrated one thing. The death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Well, that is if you believe the gospel accounts.

By the time of Acts 7, every unbeliever, Jew or Gentile, is considered uncircumcised and thus a heathen in the eyes of God (Acts 7:51-52).

So there is no contradiction between your Acts 9 passage and Galatians 2:7-9. Paul was to reach out to both unbelieving Jews and gentiles.

The circumcised in that passage refers to the believing little flock of Jews. They must still obey the Law of Moses, including having their children circumcised physically (Acts 21:18-25).

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
By the time of Acts 7, every unbeliever, Jew or Gentile, is considered uncircumcised and thus a heathen in the eyes of God (Acts 7:51-52).

So there is no contradiction between your Acts 9 passage and Galatians 2:7-9. Paul was to reach out to both unbelieving Jews and gentiles.
But this does not work because Acts 13 shows that Paul preached the same gospel to the Jews and Gentiles and the Jews rejected it but the Gentiles accepted it. Same gospel and not TWO.

The circumcised in that passage refers to the believing little flock of Jews. They must still obey the Law of Moses, including having their children circumcised physically (Acts 21:18-25).
No. Not everything in the book of Acts teaches doctrine but it gives us an account of what happened in the early church. Meaning, it sometimes records the apostles’ mistakes.

For example, one notable instance is when the apostles, including Peter, were mistaken in their understanding the scope of Jesus' great commission. Peter had a vision and he was told to go to Cornelius' house, where he would preach the gospel to them. Originally, Peter thought that the Gentiles were excluded from God's program of salvation, but this was not the case. So Peter misunderstood. This was a mistake on his part.

The Book of Acts records other mistakes by the apostles. Paul and the Jerusalem council were incorrect to continue to follow the Laws of Moses after the New Covenant began with Christ’s death. Acts 21:18-25 shows Paul made a mistake in trying to partake of a purification rite. But God intervened in the fact that Paul was arrested before Paul could go through with it. Why? Because the temple veil has been torn. There is no more Old Law applicable anymore for anyone.

You are seeing divisions where are there are none.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Book of Acts records other mistakes by the apostles. Paul and the Jerusalem council were incorrect to continue to follow the Laws of Moses after the New Covenant began with Christ’s death. Acts 21:18-25 shows Paul made a mistake in trying to partake of a purification rite. But God intervened in the fact that Paul was arrested before Paul could go through with it. Why? Because the temple veil has been torn. There is no more Old Law applicable anymore for anyone.

If you need to justify your "one gospel" doctrine, even with Galatians 2:7-9, by allowing mistakes to be made by James and the elders in Acts 21:18-25, that is your prerogative.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you need to justify your "one gospel" doctrine, even with Galatians 2:7-9, by allowing mistakes to be made by James and the elders in Acts 21:18-25, that is your prerogative.
Again, I already refuted your belief in your two gospels theory by pointing out Acts 13, and other verses. I also pointed out how you are reading of Galatians 2:7 is in error just by pointing out the surrounding context.

As for Acts 21:18-25:

Hebrews 9:10 says,
"Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation."

Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, I already refuted your belief in your two gospels theory by pointing out Acts 13, and other verses. I also pointed out how you are reading of Galatians 2:7 is in error just by pointing out the surrounding context.

As for Acts 21:18-25:

Hebrews 9:10 says,
"Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation."

Ephesians 2:15
"Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;"

So long as you disagree with another's interpretation, you will always regard the opposing view as "out of context".

All of us have our own interpretation of scripture, we are always the protagonist in our own perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So long as you disagree with another's interpretation, you will always regard the opposing view as "out of context".

All of us have our own interpretation of scripture, we are always the protagonist in our own perspective.
That may be so, but the difference between us is that the verses I brought forth that refute your belief have not been explained by you in a way that supports your imaginary two-gospel position.

You are not reading the context of Galatians 2:7 without wearing your Mid Acts Dispensational glasses.
You are not reading Acts 13:42-49 logically in the fact that Paul taught the same gospel to both Jews and Gentiles at one place.
You are simply not willing to see any other interpretation because it caters to mankind’s laziness or a believer not wanting to take true responsbility.

I mean, you do not have to convince me or anyone else of your view. You will have to convince God one day and I don’t think you really can do that because you are not able to convince me. You are speechless to explain Acts 13:42-49. You are speechless to explain the points I made of the context for Galatians 2:7. It’s like Galatians 2:7 is floating in the vacuum of space outside of the surrounding verses for you and you are clueless of the surrounding verses in what they actually say. Again, while I am a strong KJV advocate and have defended the King James Bibles on many occasions, the King James Bible is written in 1600s English (Which I believe is on purpose by God). Please do not take this the wrong way. I love you in Jesus Christ, but I believe your lack of not understanding the text on this topic is because you are getting confused by the archaic wording in the KJV. This is where Modern Translations can be helpful. Again, I am not fan of Modern Bibles and I am not telling you to make Modern Bibles your final word of authority. Modern Translations teach false doctrines and have corrupted origins. But at the end of the day, they can be helpful resources just like a dictionary can be. I am also desiring you to be challenged to ask God on what He thinks the text says and not what you think it says, as well. Pray and ask Him and read the text without any biased lens or viewpoint. Just read the text with a fresh pair of eyes and have the Holy Spirit guide you and you will be amazed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, you do not have to convince me or anyone else of your view. You will have to convince God one day and I don’t think you really can do that because you are not able to convince me.

Once you are in such discussion forums long enough, you will learn that no one can be convinced of anything that they don't want to be convinced about.

That is not the point in participating in Internet discussions.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Once you are in such discussion forums long enough, you will learn that no one can be convinced of anything that they don't want to be convinced about.

That is not the point in participating in Internet discussions.
You are still avoiding the truth here. This is because you don’t want to see the truth of the verses I shown you.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are still avoiding the truth here. This is because you don’t want to see the truth of the verses I shown you.

What makes you think your perspective "is the truth"?

I am not claiming my perspective is.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟374,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom

The human condition is such that many, if not most, people sincerely believe that their personal perspective "is the truth". As Jeremiah aptly put it -

“The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The human condition is such that many, if not most, people sincerely believe that their personal perspective "is the truth". As Jeremiah aptly put it -

“The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?"

Yes, I would expect someone, once he reaches his 30s-40s, to realize this. ;)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,201,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Proverbs 22:20-21
20 "Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge,
21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?"

As believers, we can have "the knowledge of the certainty of the words of truth."
It appears this is just another part of Scripture you simply don't believe.

full

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟374,376.00
Faith
Non-Denom
21 That I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth; that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?"

As believers, we can have "the knowledge of the certainty of the words of truth."

full
o_O This is really, truly remarkable coming from a man who has picked and chosen what he has decided that God really expects him to do, ignoring vast swaths of scripture in the process.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟220,077.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

full

Are you younger than the age of 30?

I call your Proverbs 22:21 and raise you Romans 14:5 ;)

Upvote 0