Visit site
✟95,473.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you abide in Jesus, the Paraclete won't move out.

After the last supper, Jesus told his disciples in (Berean Standard Bible) John 14:

16 I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate [Paraclete] to be with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth.
There is an intended forever-permanency about the Paraclete.

The world cannot receive Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you do know Him, for He abides [G3306] with you and will be in you.
The Spirit of truth refers to the Paraclete. The Paraclete is the special function of the Holy Spirit that dwells in a believer's human spirit. This is a spiritual reality.

ESV John 14:

10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells [G3306] in me does his works.
Paul used a different Greek verb in Romans 8:

9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells [G3611] in you [plural]. Anyone [singular] who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
Strong's Greek: 3611. οἰκέω (oikeó) — 9 Occurrences

BDAG οἰκέω:

① to reside in a place, live, dwell
Paul continued:

10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells [G3611] in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells [G1774] in you.
Strong's Greek: 1774. ἐνοικέω (enoikeó) — 5 Occurrences

HELPS Word-studies:

1774 enoikéō (from 1722 /en "in," intensifying 3611 /oikéō, "dwell" at home, in one's personal residence) – properly, dwelling in a state (condition), i.e. at home; to inhabit ("in-habit") as one's personal residence (abiding indwelling).
1 Corinthians 3:

16 Do you not know that you are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells [G3611] in you?
1 Corinthians 6:

17 But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.
The Paraclete/Holy Spirit connects with the human spirit tentacularly as a oneness spiritual reality. It is a branching out of the Spirit. It is an abiding connection.

Ephesians 3:

14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
i.e., the Paraclete

17 so that Christ may dwell [G2730] in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love.
Strong's Greek: 2730. κατοικέω (katoikeó) — 45 Occurrences

HELPS Word-studies:

2730 katoikéō (from 2596 /katá, "down, according to," intensifying 3611 /oikéō, "dwell, reside") – properly, settle down as a permanent resident, i.e. in a fixed (permanent) dwelling place as one's personal residence; (figuratively) "to be exactly at home."
[The force of the prefix (2596 /katá) suggests "down to the finest, exact details."]
Besides G3306-abide used by Jesus, there were three Greek words for to dwell used by Paul:

1. G3611-οἰκέω, to dwell
  2. G1774-ἐνοικέω, to dwell in, an intensification of οἰκέω
  3. G2730-κατοικέω, to dwell down, to settle down, another intensification of οἰκέω
God's Spirit dwells/resides in every one of us, individually and collectively. When a person is born again, or born from above, or born of the Spirit, the Paraclete takes up residence in him.

Does the Paraclete dwell in you permanently?

Yes, after I was born of the Paraclete, naturally, my human spirit started to grow in the Holy Spirit. The bond of abiding is growing stronger and stronger. I have no intention of disconnecting this bond. For some believers, that may not be the case. Every branch in Christ that does not bear fruit the Father takes away.

See also Will the Paraclete vacate his dwelling in a believer?

Last edited:

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's Spirit dwells/resides in every one of us, individually and collectively. When a person is born again, or born from above, or born of the Spirit, the Paraclete takes up residence in him.

Does the Paraclete dwell in you permanently?
For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you, nor will I by any means forsake you."

That He may abide with you forever; John 14:16-19

Upvote 0

TPop

Nov 2, 2023
FL
✟18,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Yes, after I was born of the Paraclete, naturally, my human spirit started to grow in the Holy Spirit. The bond of abiding is growing stronger and stronger. I have no intention of disconnecting this bond. For some believers, that may not be the case. Every branch in Christ that does not bear fruit the Father takes away.

See also Will the Paraclete vacate his dwelling in a believer?
Incorrect. Salvation is Eternal. It cannot be lost. Nor can the Holy Spirit.
The Holy Spirit is part of Salvation. If the Holy Spirit were able to leave us, we would lose Salvation. This is not possible.
One cannot disconnect the Holy Spirit from themselves. One can do nothing to drive out or leave the Holy Spirit.

Peace and Blessings

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Indeed, everyone who in eternity has life in and with Jesus has unending salvation.
But not everyone who thinks they do does.
Actually, those who don't think they do are lost as the day is long.
The one who believes in the Son has eternal life, but the one who rejects the Son will not see life; John 3:36

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Accidental word play ? Some of those who do not think they are saved are saved. This is not the same ones as those who reject Jesus at all.
Likewise, multitudes who think they are saved are not, as Scripture clearly shows they find out after they die, on Judgment Day.
You don't accidently belong to Christ Aaron.
They are not going to come into judgment but have crossed over from death to life. John 5:24

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yet someone may not know that they belong to Christ.
Who do they think they belong to, the devil?

God has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Gal 1:12-15

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do they have to think any such thing ?
Why indeed, get a new heart and a new spirit. Ezekiel 18:31

But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him [and is not a child of God]. Rom 8:9

Upvote 0

Joseph G

Saved by the grace of Jesus Christ
Dec 22, 2023
Austin
✟33,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Who do they think they belong to, the devil?

God has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. Gal 1:12-15
They believe they belong to a 'god' that is really of their own making. One that they hope they have done enough good for to merit 'getting in'.

The true believer, who is sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, cannot be ultimately deceived about his identity in Christ for one simple reason:

Romans 8:16 NIV

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."

Due to the work of the accuser of the brethren, one may at times doubt. Thankfully, all we have to do is ask HIM directly to reaffirm our identity - He is delighted to do so! As in all things, however one needs to ask in faith that He will answer - and to wait patiently for His voice:

1 John 13-15 NIV

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They believe they belong to a 'god' that is really of their own making. One that they hope they have done enough good for to merit 'getting in'.

The true believer, who is sealed and indwelt by the Holy Spirit, cannot be ultimately deceived about his identity in Christ for one simple reason:

Romans 8:16 NIV

"The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God’s children."

Due to the work of the accuser of the brethren, one may at times doubt. Thankfully, all we have to do is ask HIM directly to reaffirm our identity - He is delighted to do so! As in all things, however one needs to ask in faith that He will answer - and to wait patiently for His voice:

1 John 13-15 NIV

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him."
Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. Rev 12:10

Upvote 0