-
✟45,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are denomination that cling to the old tradition and have hugh respect on old theologian, they are Roman catholic, eastern ortbdox, Lutheran, reformed, anglican

But on the other hand there are new wave who cling forward, they're pentecostal and new protestants movement, I can't name them because they're too many.

What's your take on this? Isn't it safer to cling backward? I can't imagine clinging forward to follow groups that overwrite leaders age by age, it seems like this kind of movement always have something new to sell. They like to predict the future, takes 7 day Adventist for example, have failed numerous of time trying to guess the exact date of Jesus's return.

One thing that isn't convincing to me is that, they can read the same text but still get new lights.

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟329,888.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
There are denomination that cling to the old tradition and have hugh respect on old theologian, they are Roman catholic, eastern ortbdox, Lutheran, reformed, anglican

But on the other hand there are new wave who cling forward, they're pentecostal and new protestants movement, I can't name them because they're too many.

What's your take on this? Isn't it safer to cling backward? I can't imagine clinging forward to follow groups that overwrite leaders age by age, it seems like this kind of movement always have something new to sell. They like to predict the future, takes 7 day Adventist for example, have failed numerous of time trying to guess the exact date of Jesus's return.

One thing that isn't convincing to me is that, they can read the same text but still get new lights.

It's best to stay with the original. The gospel remains the same. The bible doesn't mean anything different than it always has so there's no need to keep reinterpreting it.

Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟45,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's best to stay with the original. The gospel remains the same. The bible doesn't mean anything different than it always has so there's no need to keep reinterpreting it.
The next challenge : how to figure out which is the most original?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Probably best to cling to Jesus Christ of Nazareth and His promise of guildance through His Holy Spirit. IMHO, denominations, both old and new , are guilty of spreading doctrines of men. Blessings.

Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

Jesusthekingofking

Jun 16, 2019
-
✟45,845.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Probably best to cling to Jesus Christ of Nazareth and His promise of guildance through His Holy Spirit. IMHO, denominations, both old and new , are guilty of spreading doctrines of men. Blessings.
so do you accept the men (12 apostles) teaching? haha!

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so do you accept the men (12 apostles) teaching? haha!
The 12 Apostles are the foundation along with the Prophets and Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Chief Cornerstone. So yes I accept their teaching.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟943,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so do you accept the men (12 apostles)
The 12 Apostles are the foundation along with the Prophets and Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Chief Cornerstone. So yes I accept their teaching.
Blessings.
You said:
there you go, there's a lineage. How about Ambrose, St Augustine, John Chrysostom?

I say: No lineage equal to the foundation however there are those who build upon it and not all the names you listed above have done it without some controversy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟312,008.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What happens to any community based movement? It is either annihilated or incorporated into institutionalisation. Think of how today self proclaimed committees take over neighbourhoods and lay down demands (rules) how homeowners should live.

Upvote 0