Midwest
✟83,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Speaking from experience, this approach does not work well, and will cause a rift between the original poster and her stepmom.
It's best not to "attack" what the person loves, even if you show scriptures.

If someone wants to learn, they will seek out answers, and so, the best method is to simply share Bible truths. Which is what I have been doing.

I've used scriptures on these forums to share basic Bible truths, and there are persons here that have stopped communicating with me, and refused to even give a like for a post where I simply commend them.
So, just imagine when I do more than share Bible truths, but prove by scriptural references that what they believe is not Biblical. :)
The original poster does not want to generate hate between her and her stepmom.
Why would her stepmom hate knowing facts? I was a Mormon for years and I would have welcomed TRUTH sooner than I found it!

Mormons don't regard us as true Christians!

An Angel is supposedly teaching:

Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 14:10
"And he said unto me: Behold there sre save two churches only; the one is the church of the Lamb of God, and the other is the church of the devil; wherefore, whoso belongeth not to the church of the Lamb of God belongerh to that great church, which is the mother of abominations; and she is the harlot of all the earth.

The Doctrine of Covenants tells the reader which church pleases God, lots of anti-biblical teachings authored by Joseph Smith, etc. I can fill interested people in, but not right now. Mormon god impregnated Mary, one of his daughters, as humans do. He fathered Jesus. I have their books.

Feel free to ask me questions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟83,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Speaking from experience, this approach does not work well, and will cause a rift between the original poster and her stepmom.
It's best not to "attack" what the person loves, even if you show scriptures.

If someone wants to learn, they will seek out answers, and so, the best method is to simply share Bible truths. Which is what I have been doing.

I've used scriptures on these forums to share basic Bible truths, and there are persons here that have stopped communicating with me, and refused to even give a like for a post where I simply commend them.
So, just imagine when I do more than share Bible truths, but prove by scriptural references that what they believe is not Biblical. :)
The original poster does not want to generate hate between her and her stepmom.
Let me clarify. If she gets along with her stepmum she can share gently. Be an ambassador. Don't argue with people. That makes people angry. If the person is a longtime or lifelong Mormon he is probably thoroughly indoctrinated and shouldn't be posting on CF. Use their books of scripture. I can help. The new or average Mormon hasn't made temple vows to keep secrets.

Upvote 0