Visit site
✟1,381,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus spoke of his sheep, he was speaking of his true followers. They hear the voice of the Lord, they listen attentively to his words, they obey what he says, and they follow him wherever he leads them. They find forgiveness and salvation. This is the mark of a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

A stranger, whom he called a thief and a robber, is a false christ or a false teacher whose mission is to lead the sheep astray into another gospel – a gospel of men. Jesus’ true sheep will not know intimately the voice of a false teacher, in fact, they will discern the error, and thus will not follow the stranger, and, in fact, will run away from him.

My Sheep

An Original Work / June 24, 2012
Based off John 10:1-30 NIV

My sheep hear me. They know me.
They listen to my voice and obey.
I call them and lead them.
They know my voice, so they follow me.
They will never follow strangers.
They will run away from them.
The voice of a stranger they know not;
They do not follow him.

So, I tell you the truth that
I am the gate, so you enter in.
Whoever does enter
Will find forgiveness and will be saved.
Nonetheless whoever enters
Not by the gate; other way,
He is the thief and a robber.
Listen not, the sheep to him.

Oh, I am the Good Shepherd,
Who laid his own life down for the sheep.
I know them. They know me.
They will live with me eternally.
The thief only comes to steal and
Kill and to destroy the church.
I have come to give you life that
You may have it to the full…

Reactions: Leah Daniels

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus spoke of his sheep, he was speaking of his true followers. They hear the voice of the Lord, they listen attentively to his words, they obey what he says, and they follow him wherever he leads them. They find forgiveness and salvation. This is the mark of a true disciple of Jesus Christ.

A stranger, whom he called a thief and a robber, is a false christ or a false teacher whose mission is to lead the sheep astray into another gospel – a gospel of men. Jesus’ true sheep will not know intimately the voice of a false teacher, in fact, they will discern the error, and thus will not follow the stranger, and, in fact, will run away from him.

My Sheep

An Original Work / June 24, 2012
Based off John 10:1-30 NIV

My sheep hear me. They know me.
They listen to my voice and obey.
I call them and lead them.
They will never follow strangers.
They will run away from them.
The voice of a stranger they know not;
They do not follow him.

So, I tell you the truth that
I am the gate, so you enter in.
Whoever does enter
Will find forgiveness and will be saved.
Nonetheless whoever enters
Not by the gate; other way,
He is the thief and a robber.
Listen not, the sheep to him.

Oh, I am the Good Shepherd,
Who laid his own life down for the sheep.
I know them. They know me.
They will live with me eternally.
The thief only comes to steal and
Kill and to destroy the church.
I have come to give you life that
You may have it to the full…

What's funny is that i follow no one and I don't think anyone follows me. They may follow the apostles and the Lord who I quote however.

I'm like a black sheep. I reject all church teachers. I have agreed with people like Charles Spurgeon but to me he is no different that I am. I don't need him but I just agree with the things I read that he said. I only know a few things from him.

I also found a sermon by A.W. Tozer to be helpful once. It was basically what I'm saying here. The road of the Saint is lonely. But that's all i know about him. I follow scripture like these men did I assume. That's my teacher.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,381,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's funny is that i follow no one and I don't think anyone follows me. They may follow the apostles and the Lord who I quote however.

I'm like a black sheep. I reject all church teachers. I have agreed with people like Charles Spurgeon but to me he is no different that I am. I don't need him but I just agree with the things I read that he said. I only know a few things from him.

I also found a sermon by A.W. Tozer to be helpful once. It was basically what I'm saying here. The road of the Saint is lonely. But that's all i know about him. I follow scripture like these men did I assume. That's my teacher.
Do you follow Jesus Christ with your life? Is self-denial, dying daily to sin, by the Spirit, and walking in obedience to the Lord and to his commands what you practice? Is Jesus Christ your true shepherd who you follow with your life?

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you follow Jesus Christ with your life? Is self-denial, dying daily to sin, by the Spirit, and walking in obedience to the Lord and to his commands what you practice? Is Jesus Christ your true shepherd who you follow with your life?
I don't follow teachers or politicians. I follow Jesus, Paul, James, John, Peter and David. I believe in the commands in Matthew 5-7 And Luke chapter 6. I follow the new Testament.

Do I fit into your mold? Maybe not fully but i don't know. But we know that our master and teacher is Jesus.

Am I perfect? No. Am I hoping, praying and trying to be perfect? Yes.

Upvote 0

Christsfreeservant

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 10, 2006
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟1,381,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't follow teachers or politicians. I follow Jesus, Paul, James, John, Peter and David. I believe in the commands in Matthew 5-7 And Luke chapter 6. I follow the new Testament.

Do I fit into your mold? Maybe not fully but i don't know. But we know that our master and teacher is Jesus.

Am I perfect? No. Am I hoping, praying and trying to be perfect? Yes.
Hope, I don't have a mold for you to fit. God does, though, and it is important that we, as followers of Jesus, are following him and that we are submitting to his will and purpose for our lives. Yes, not one of us is absolutely perfect, and we won't be perfect until we reach heaven, and only if we are walking in obedience to our Lord in holy living and not in sin, as our practice (not my words, but God's words). I don't follow other humans, either. I follow God - Father, Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit. And I follow the teachings of Christ and of his New Testament apostles and any of the Old Testament writers who taught how we are to live as followers of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0