Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You can do this! If you’re interested and want to give sourdough baking a try, here are a few tips to get you started.

When sourdough baking became all the rage during the 2020 pandemic, I didn’t jump on the bandwagon.

At the time, I had three little kids under the age of 5, and felt that I didn’t need one more thing to take care of!

But a few years later, when my kids were a little older and I felt I had more bandwidth, I (somewhat hesitantly) accepted the offer of some sourdough starter from a friend and took it home.

I was apprehensive, convinced that I would kill it or somehow mess up the process. But it turned out I had nothing to be afraid of.

After about two years of baking with sourdough, I’m here to share some good news: It’s almost impossible to kill sourdough. And baking with it is way easier than I ever imagined!

Maybe you’re in the same boat I was a few years ago. You’ve read about the health benefits and you want to bake with sourdough, but the whole thing just seems so complicated and confusing.

Listen, if you want to bake with sourdough, I promise you have what it takes. If Ma Ingalls could keep her sourdough starter alive while crossing the prairie in a covered wagon, you can, too.

Sourdough is the most ancient form of yeast, and people were baking with it before there was such a thing as printed books. I feel such a connection with history when I bake with sourdough, as our ancestors did millennia ago, and the time and effort invested feels like a gift of love we can give to our families.

You can do this! If you’re interested and want to give it a try, here are a few tips to get you started.

YOU DON’T NEED TO FEED IT ALL THE TIME

Continued below.

Reactions: tturt