Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
TV personality Phil McGraw - popularly known as Dr Phil - says he feels compelled to speak up about some of the "strange" ideas being pedalled in modern America.

Dr Phil joined the stage at Pastor Ed Young's Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, to promote his new book, We've Got Issues: How You Can Stand Strong for America's Soul and Sanity.

In a sit-down interview with Young, Dr Phil said that family in America was "under attack" and that Christians need to fight back using the tools at their disposal, including their "active relationship with God".

Continued below.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
TV personality Phil McGraw - popularly known as Dr Phil - says he feels compelled to speak up about some of the "strange" ideas being pedalled in modern America.

Dr Phil joined the stage at Pastor Ed Young's Fellowship Church in Grapevine, Texas, to promote his new book, We've Got Issues: How You Can Stand Strong for America's Soul and Sanity.

In a sit-down interview with Young, Dr Phil said that family in America was "under attack" and that Christians need to fight back using the tools at their disposal, including their "active relationship with God".

Continued below.
We must try to speak out against certain things as Christians (we must be pro-life), but also be careful not to tread to closely to soliciting for promotions (such as selling a book). But yes, the fabric of the world seems to be tearing at the seams.

See what I did there? "Seems to be tearing at the seams" Alright, no more puns for today, or I hope not. :)

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dr. Phil has influence, with many.
His efforts may be helpful in re-uniting our country.
It does not surprise me, that God might motivate such an effort.
Hopefully, Dr. Phil goes about it the right way, and not to boost his image.

DateApril 27, 2024
VerseColossians 3:12 (ESV): "Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience "

Matthew 5:5 (ESV): "Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth."
ExplanationBoth Colossians 3:12 and Matthew 5:5 emphasize the importance of humility, meekness, and other virtues in our daily lives as followers of God.

Colossians 3:12 calls us to put on the character of God's chosen ones, which includes having compassionate hearts, being kind, humble, meek, and patient. This means that as believers, we are to reflect the qualities of God in our interactions with others. In a self-centered world that prioritizes personal gain, these verses challenge us to put the needs and well-being of others before our own. It's easy to get lost in our own desires and ambitions, but Colossians reminds us that as God's chosen ones, we are called to be different. We are called to love others with the same compassion and kindness that God has shown us.

Matthew 5:5, on the other hand, speaks of the blessedness of being meek. Meekness is often misunderstood as weakness or timidity, but it is actually a strength that comes from humility and a deep awareness of our dependence on God. Meekness allows us to receive the blessings of God, including the inheritance of the earth. In a world that values power and personal gain above all else, it can be difficult to embrace meekness. But Matthew 5:5 reminds us that those who are meek will be blessed and rewarded spiritually.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Continued below.
TV quackery wasn’t bringing in enough money, so now he’s gotta start playing religious?

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
ehh...I have no further opinion. That's between him and God.
Yeah, maybe I should not be tossing the pejorative term for lukewarm faith around. Sorry about that. It is between Dr. Phil and God, and I am not here to judge.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah, maybe I should not be tossing the CINO term around. Sorry about that. It is between Dr. Phil and God, and I am not here to judge.
He seems like a liberal Christian. I have no further comment. That's between him and his relationship with God.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟148,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He seems like a liberal Christian. I have no further comment. That's between him and his relationship with God.
Yeah. I myself am a Catholic Christian, and am somewhat liberal when it comes to being good stewards of the Earth and affordable healthcare, but still have pro-life virtues and am not a fan of the trans movement at all.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,278,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm pretty sure Dr. Phil is a Baptist of some kind. He's from southern Oklahoma, and in that part of the state you are either Baptist or Church of Christ.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟257,283.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm pretty sure Dr. Phil is a Baptist of some kind. He's from southern Oklahoma, and in that part of the state you are either Baptist or Church of Christ.
Thanks for your input.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums