Los Angeles
✟5,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We have a 9-year old child in our church that has been coming for a year...super rambunctious, disruptive in class and has some disrespect to authority, but the teachers hold their ground. The mother is saved and the father is an unbeliever. The mother does not discipline what-so-ever. The father looses his temper on the 9-year old when he pushes enough buttons and the father's cool is boiled over.

I have dismissed the child for the past year as being a strong willed, unruly, and undisciplined child. BUT, I took the kid out to the movie theater the other day, with others from the church and the movie was more of an adult film (Unsung Hero). And all the spiritual scenes in the film, the kid laughed...sometimes laughing for great lengths of time. We had recliner chairs and the kid kept tossing and turning all throughout the film. Also, I purchased an icee for him and he would let the icee be spit out down his chin and neck and it would just stay there. This kid is NOT mentally retarded and does NOT have special needs!!! The kid was also growling a bunch like an animal, but short grunts that was like no animal. The kid would also look awkwardly out of the corner of his eye, while looking forward. I have seen that in him here and there in times past, but overwhelmingly during this Christian film. Lastly, something else that this child has been doing for the past 6-months...he doesn't like to be called by his name! He chooses various names to be called...normal names, but always random. He gets SUPER offended if anyone calls him by his real name. Just before I took a bunch of people from church to the theater, my wife and I met up with the boy's mom to discuss behavioral issues in class. When I saw the kid, I called him by his name. He replied in a slightly upset voice, "Call me Grimace." We were meeting up with the mom at McDonald's and Grimace is one of the characters there. Interesting, Webster defines Grimace as, "A facial expression usually of disgust, disapproval, or pain."

I had to tell the kid to be quiet at least 3 dozen times, because he was sitting next to another adult from our church group. Now, I was completely naive to this kid's behavior as just extremely bored with the film, but when I saw the kid allowing the icee to pour out of his mouth, while laughing, it suddenly dawned on me that this kid might have a demon inside of him.
By the way, this boy has a cousin who has come to the church several time...more disrespectful then the boy I am talking about above. I honestly would not be surprised if these kids have gotten involved in the demonics somewhere. Also, after the show, the kid said that he cannot wait to become a teenager to watch "Five Nights at Freddy's."

I am seeking counsel on this and I will be praying and fasting sometime soon, to see what the Lord says on this.

• Prayers
Reactions: Pop D.

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟232,452.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The child isn't demon possessed, he is the product of bad parenting.

The mother does not discipline what-so-ever. The father looses his temper on the 9-year old when he pushes enough buttons and the father's cool is boiled over.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟801,631.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Matt 17 and Mark 9 give accounts of children with demonic spirits.

You could asks the Lord for discerning of spirits (II Cor 12:10). Even though she was speaking the truth, it's an example of an evil spirit (Acts 16). Then an example of the Godly - "And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision." (Gal 2:9).

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟457,565.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is no age to be a victim of evil spirits, even in the womb something could happen,
There is a bad perception, harmful, that somehow people with evil spirits, is because they are evil or bad people
No.... most people are victims. Yes sin can open the door to them, but you don't have to be a wicked person to have problems with spirits/demons.

Upvote 0

Christfollower7

Mar 2, 2024
Los Angeles
✟5,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The child isn't demon possessed, he is the product of bad parenting.

Do you believe in demon possession? Have you seen someone demon possessed? If you do believe in demon possession, do you believe that a demon can be cast out?

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟232,452.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Do you believe in demon possession? Have you seen someone demon possessed? If you do believe in demon possession, do you believe that a demon can be cast out?
What I believe is irrelevant. What you have described, however, is normal child behavior, and his acting out in public is probably just a sign of bad parenting based on what you said in the first paragraph.

when I saw the kid allowing the icee to pour out of his mouth, while laughing, it suddenly dawned on me that this kid might have a demon inside of him.
If a child letting an Icee pour out of his mouth while laughing made you think he might have a demon inside of him, then you must not have a lot of experience with children.

When I saw the kid, I called him by his name. He replied in a slightly upset voice, "Call me Grimace." We were meeting up with the mom at McDonald's and Grimace is one of the characters there.
Not a cause for alarm.

I took the kid out to the movie theater the other day, with others from the church and the movie was more of an adult film (Unsung Hero). And all the spiritual scenes in the film, the kid laughed...sometimes laughing for great lengths of time. We had recliner chairs and the kid kept tossing and turning all throughout the film.
It was a non-annimated movie, rated PG, and intended for older children and adults. The child was very bored.

You mentioned: "The mother does not discipline what-so-ever. The father loses his temper on the 9-year-old when he pushes enough buttons, and the father's cool is boiled over." When the child was misbehaving and not listening to you when you tried to correct him, and you knew these things about his parents in advance, demon possession should have never entered your mind as being a cause for his behavior.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,698,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We have a 9-year old child in our church that has been coming for a year...super rambunctious, disruptive in class and has some disrespect to authority, but the teachers hold their ground. The mother is saved and the father is an unbeliever. The mother does not discipline what-so-ever. The father looses his temper on the 9-year old when he pushes enough buttons and the father's cool is boiled over.

I have dismissed the child for the past year as being a strong willed, unruly, and undisciplined child. BUT, I took the kid out to the movie theater the other day, with others from the church and the movie was more of an adult film (Unsung Hero). And all the spiritual scenes in the film, the kid laughed...sometimes laughing for great lengths of time. We had recliner chairs and the kid kept tossing and turning all throughout the film. Also, I purchased an icee for him and he would let the icee be spit out down his chin and neck and it would just stay there. This kid is NOT mentally retarded and does NOT have special needs!!! The kid was also growling a bunch like an animal, but short grunts that was like no animal. The kid would also look awkwardly out of the corner of his eye, while looking forward. I have seen that in him here and there in times past, but overwhelmingly during this Christian film. Lastly, something else that this child has been doing for the past 6-months...he doesn't like to be called by his name! He chooses various names to be called...normal names, but always random. He gets SUPER offended if anyone calls him by his real name. Just before I took a bunch of people from church to the theater, my wife and I met up with the boy's mom to discuss behavioral issues in class. When I saw the kid, I called him by his name. He replied in a slightly upset voice, "Call me Grimace." We were meeting up with the mom at McDonald's and Grimace is one of the characters there. Interesting, Webster defines Grimace as, "A facial expression usually of disgust, disapproval, or pain."

I had to tell the kid to be quiet at least 3 dozen times, because he was sitting next to another adult from our church group. Now, I was completely naive to this kid's behavior as just extremely bored with the film, but when I saw the kid allowing the icee to pour out of his mouth, while laughing, it suddenly dawned on me that this kid might have a demon inside of him.
By the way, this boy has a cousin who has come to the church several time...more disrespectful then the boy I am talking about above. I honestly would not be surprised if these kids have gotten involved in the demonics somewhere. Also, after the show, the kid said that he cannot wait to become a teenager to watch "Five Nights at Freddy's."

I am seeking counsel on this and I will be praying and fasting sometime soon, to see what the Lord says on this.
I think he needs to be checked out by a medical doctor and possibly a child therapist. It’s not always the devil. That type of thinking is dangerous. I’ve seen enough stories involving children that prove that.

Upvote 0

The Hare

Feb 11, 2024
Ampang
✟12,810.00
Country
Malaysia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

It could be that he is suffering from the aftereffects of a vaccine. There is usually a surge in psychological conditions along the autism spectrum, post-vaccination. I know a single mum whose two kids acquired Tourette's Syndrome after a certain age. Child vaccination was more or less compulsory in her nation. Constant exposure to processed foods may have the same effect.

I think Dr Peter McCullough had studied the Amish and noticed that while they do suffer from common ailments like other human beings (common cold to heart diseases to diabetes etc), there have been no cases of autism recorded in the community.

Upvote 0

Christfollower7

Mar 2, 2024
Los Angeles
✟5,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you see the youth you are working with as demon possessed, I think you should be looking for a new way to serve. This kid has some emotional and/or behavioral problems that are not being addressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Christfollower7

Mar 2, 2024
Los Angeles
✟5,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I believe is irrelevant.

Ahhhh...avoidance of the question. It is completely relevant in the advice you give. If you do not believe in demon possession, then your advice means zero to me. Then I know exactly where you are coming from...a different school of thought and belief. If you do not believe demons can be cast out, like was the case in Bible days, then you are not a full believer of the Word; at which case, your advice means nothing to me.

What you have described, however, is normal child behavior, and his acting out in public is probably just a sign of bad parenting based on what you said in the first paragraph.

Normal child behavior!!! No child I have ever seen! Is that have you were as a child? Which children do you see that exhibit these characteristics? What experience do you have in this area? You have assumptions, but you are not a child psychologist and I seriously doubt you have worked with kids before, and I am guessing you have no kids of your own...just speaking from pure speculation. You have not been around the kid and you can assume you know what is right and wrong...all you have is your opinion, not right or wrong.

If a child letting an Icee pour out of his mouth while laughing made you think he might have a demon inside of him, then you must not have a lot of experience with children.

Again, you are great at assuming and drawing conclusions based upon ignorance and pride. Not only do you assume, but you insult. I have worked continually in the children's ministry for the past 12 years! And I have four kids of my own. I have worked around kids since the mid-90's. I find it interesting that most people who do not have kids, tend to be the biggest know-it-all's when it comes to raising kids (especially single people). They know all the right answers on children and are great at telling parents (or those who oversee children), how to do their jobs. Their answers to the rest of us workers and doers tend to be bound in legalism and pride.

My original question was not to say the kid has a demon, but that he is exhibiting some pretty strange signs I have never seen on a kid in my entire life. Some demons do not come out except through prayer and fasting (Mark 9:29). And that is what I will do. I want to follow the Lord's words of "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for of such is the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 19:14).

Upvote 0

JosephZ

Mar 25, 2017
Davao City
Visit site
✟232,452.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Normal child behavior!!!
Yes, children act silly, do strange things, and sometimes they misbehave in public—some more than others.

You have assumptions, but you are not a child psychologist and I seriously doubt you have worked with kids before... I am guessing you have no kids of your own

I find it interesting that most people who do not have kids, tend to be the biggest know-it-all's when it comes to raising kids (especially single people).
I founded an organization that provides education to underprivileged children, and I oversee all of our programs. While I am not a child psychologist, I have taken a few courses related to the subject. I'm married and have one son. My wife is a former teacher, and she has a Bachelor of Science degree in Secondary Education. I showed her this thread, and she agrees with what I and a couple of other members posted in response to the OP.

You have not been around the kid and you can assume you know what is right and wrong...all you have is your opinion,
I based my opinion on the information you provided in your post and my personal experience with children, including my own child.

Not only do you assume, but you insult.
I'm sorry if you were insulted, that wasn't my intention.

My original question was not to say the kid has a demon, but that he is exhibiting some pretty strange signs I have never seen on a kid in my entire life.
Which is why I assumed that you must not have had a lot of experience with children. Based on the information you provided in your response, my assumption was apparently wrong.

Upvote 0