Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
"And thou shalt command the children of Israel, that they bring thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamp to burn always." - Exodus 27:20

It was maybe a couple of years ago I read this and the Holy Spirit impressed upon me "beaten for the light." Christ was beaten for the light, and so I was to bring a message out of this.

Now in Exodus it is speaking of the oil to be used in the lamp of God in the temple. It was to be a steady supply, so that the lamp not go out, as it is written "to cause the lamp to burn always" That's why I find 1 Samuel 3:3 one of the safest verses in all of scripture, for it says "Ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD," meaning, before the lamp went out; indicating the lamp later went out. It was never supposed to go out, but we know it did. But we can rejoice now because Jesus Christ as our lamp and our light shall never go out! Amen?

Note that the olive oil beaten for the light is PURE oil, and as representing the Holy Spirit, is of necessity pure in holiness: a thing separated unto God. No impure oil or uncleanness could be used in the temple lamp.

You know Jesus is the Light of the world, as it is written in John 1:4 - 9, "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

And again, we see when Jesus Himself declares, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Because He was the Light, the religious leaders couldn't take it. He was a shining light illuminating and exposing their darkness, and their traditions of men that had departed from the true spirit of worship. When Jesus proclaimed "Before Abraham was, I AM," they took up stones to stone Him, (John 8:58-59) but His time wasn't yet, and that was not the way it was prophesied He would die for our sins.

But they began to seek to kill Him: they had to get rid of Jesus - for He was a threat to their established religion. And when they did finally take Him, he was beaten for the light. "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands, Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?" (Matthew 26:67-68) He was being beaten for the light! And I know it was mocking how they must have said it, but they said "thou Christ!" That means the Anointed One, the Messiah. Surely every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father! (Philippians 2:10-11) Even if it is mocking or out of an impure heart.

The Pharisees had their turn beating Jesus, then He was handed over to the Romans, who also beat Him for the light: "And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head." (Matthew 27:30) Just imagine for a moment, the pure Son of God, sinless, and undefiled, being beaten by men whom He had created and watched over. He had the full measure of the pure oil of the Holy Spirit - "for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him" (John 3:34) And then crucified he was: those nails beaten through His hands and feet into that wood of the old rugged cross, but OH death had no victory, for He rose from the dead and defeated him who had power over death, the devil. HalleluYAH.

Now the lamp does burn always and cannot be put out. There are 7 lamps burning before the throne of God in Revelation 4:5, which are the seven spirits of God. These are burning always. It don't say that, but they must be, because you're not going to extinguish any fire of God!

"But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame,.." (Obadiah 17-18)

"For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her." (Zechariah 2:5)

Let this light surround you and be in you, as Jesus said, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16) You know why YOU can be the light of the world? Because if you have Christ in you, His light shines through you. He was beaten and crucified for you, to save you from your sins: turn then to His light and be the light He has called you to.

You know when Abram was receiving revelation from the LORD, "And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces." (Genesis 15:17) These passed between the pieces of the sacrifice God had commanded Abram to lay out. A burning lamp brought light to the darkness, because in verse 12 we see "And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him" It says "an horror of great darkness" Sounds pretty ominous. But then a burning lamp: the lamp of God in the vision, the light that came to him.

So, we could go further in depth here, but this will suffice for now. Just know what Jesus went through to bring you the light you now experience today, and the salvation so very valuable, in fact the most valuable thing a person could ever possess, for it is the key to eternal life: all because of Jesus, who was beaten for the light. Amen.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And thou shalt command the children of Israel, that they bring thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamp to burn always." - Exodus 27:20

It was maybe a couple of years ago I read this and the Holy Spirit impressed upon me "beaten for the light." Christ was beaten for the light, and so I was to bring a message out of this.

Now in Exodus it is speaking of the oil to be used in the lamp of God in the temple. It was to be a steady supply, so that the lamp not go out, as it is written "to cause the lamp to burn always" That's why I find 1 Samuel 3:3 one of the safest verses in all of scripture, for it says "Ere the lamp of God went out in the temple of the LORD," meaning, before the lamp went out; indicating the lamp later went out. It was never supposed to go out, but we know it did. But we can rejoice now because Jesus Christ as our lamp and our light shall never go out! Amen?

Note that the olive oil beaten for the light is PURE oil, and as representing the Holy Spirit, is of necessity pure in holiness: a thing separated unto God. No impure oil or uncleanness could be used in the temple lamp.

You know Jesus is the Light of the world, as it is written in John 1:4 - 9, "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

And again, we see when Jesus Himself declares, "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." (John 8:12)

Because He was the Light, the religious leaders couldn't take it. He was a shining light illuminating and exposing their darkness, and their traditions of men that had departed from the true spirit of worship. When Jesus proclaimed "Before Abraham was, I AM," they took up stones to stone Him, (John 8:58-59) but His time wasn't yet, and that was not the way it was prophesied He would die for our sins.

But they began to seek to kill Him: they had to get rid of Jesus - for He was a threat to their established religion. And when they did finally take Him, he was beaten for the light. "Then did they spit in his face, and buffeted him; and others smote him with the palms of their hands, Saying, Prophesy unto us, thou Christ, Who is he that smote thee?" (Matthew 26:67-68) He was being beaten for the light! And I know it was mocking how they must have said it, but they said "thou Christ!" That means the Anointed One, the Messiah. Surely every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father! (Philippians 2:10-11) Even if it is mocking or out of an impure heart.

The Pharisees had their turn beating Jesus, then He was handed over to the Romans, who also beat Him for the light: "And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head." (Matthew 27:30) Just imagine for a moment, the pure Son of God, sinless, and undefiled, being beaten by men whom He had created and watched over. He had the full measure of the pure oil of the Holy Spirit - "for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him" (John 3:34) And then crucified he was: those nails beaten through His hands and feet into that wood of the old rugged cross, but OH death had no victory, for He rose from the dead and defeated him who had power over death, the devil. HalleluYAH.

Now the lamp does burn always and cannot be put out. There are 7 lamps burning before the throne of God in Revelation 4:5, which are the seven spirits of God. These are burning always. It don't say that, but they must be, because you're not going to extinguish any fire of God!

"But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions. And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame,.." (Obadiah 17-18)

"For I, saith the LORD, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her." (Zechariah 2:5)

Let this light surround you and be in you, as Jesus said, "Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:14-16) You know why YOU can be the light of the world? Because if you have Christ in you, His light shines through you. He was beaten and crucified for you, to save you from your sins: turn then to His light and be the light He has called you to.

You know when Abram was receiving revelation from the LORD, "And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces." (Genesis 15:17) These passed between the pieces of the sacrifice God had commanded Abram to lay out. A burning lamp brought light to the darkness, because in verse 12 we see "And when the sun was going down, a deep sleep fell upon Abram; and, lo, an horror of great darkness fell upon him" It says "an horror of great darkness" Sounds pretty ominous. But then a burning lamp: the lamp of God in the vision, the light that came to him.

So, we could go further in depth here, but this will suffice for now. Just know what Jesus went through to bring you the light you now experience today, and the salvation so very valuable, in fact the most valuable thing a person could ever possess, for it is the key to eternal life: all because of Jesus, who was beaten for the light. Amen.
Wow, this one is a heavy one. Not only was Christ beaten for spreading the gospel, others have been also, such as Stephen in Acts 6 and 7. Here is 2 Timothy 3:12, which is a verse about how Christians can get persecuted.

DateApril 25, 2024
Verse2 Timothy 3:12 (NIV): "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted"
Explanation2 Timothy 3:12 is a passage from the New Testament book of 2 Timothy, written by the apostle Paul to his young protege, Timothy. The verse states, "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." This means that those who choose to follow Christ and live according to His teachings will likely face opposition, hardships, or even physical harm from others due to their faith.

A well-known example of a persecuted figure in the Bible is Stephen, who is described in the book of Acts as "a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit" (part of Acts 6:5). Stephen's godly life and bold witness for Christ brought him into conflict with the religious leaders of his time. The leaders falsely accused Stephen of blasphemy, and he was stoned to death (Acts 7).

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Wow, this one is a heavy one. Not only was Christ beaten for spreading the gospel, others have been also, such as Stephen in Acts 6 and 7. Here is 2 Timothy 3:12, which is a verse about how Christians can get persecuted.

DateApril 25, 2024
Verse2 Timothy 3:12 (NIV): "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted"
Explanation2 Timothy 3:12 is a passage from the New Testament book of 2 Timothy, written by the apostle Paul to his young protege, Timothy. The verse states, "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted." This means that those who choose to follow Christ and live according to His teachings will likely face opposition, hardships, or even physical harm from others due to their faith.

A well-known example of a persecuted figure in the Bible is Stephen, who is described in the book of Acts as "a man full of faith and of the Holy Spirit" (part of Acts 6:5). Stephen's godly life and bold witness for Christ brought him into conflict with the religious leaders of his time. The leaders falsely accused Stephen of blasphemy, and he was stoned to death (Acts 7).

Yes, and in a sense we get 'beaten for the light" as well, though not so much in America as in other places. It's usually just verbal here, though I have heard of people getting punched, Bibles torn out of their hands, and how about a few years back when a Christian was witnessing at a Pride event, he got accosted and kissed by a man! All for the light they show.
Before I was saved I threw rocks at a Christian one time. After I got saved I became friends with him!

Acts 12:1-2,
"Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
And he killed James the brother of John with the sword."

And how about Paul?
"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;" (2 Corinthians 11:24-25)

I'm working on part 2 to this now.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ was beaten for the light, and so I was to bring a message out of this.

Jesus was not only beaten for the light.

He was Crucified for BEING The LIGHT.

A.) "Jesus is the Light of the World"

Reader let me show you something about your CHRISTmas tree.

Do you put up a Christmas Tree with Lights on it?

Ever seen one?

What is that all about?
Its not about Saint Nicholas.

Its this.

Jesus is the "LIGHT of the World... who was HUNG.... on a TREE"....(The Cross of Christ)

So, when we hang CHRISTmas LIGHT on our TREE.....we are representing and respecting and
remembering...and CELEBRATING... : CHRIST on the Cross.

A.) The Light of the World......Hung on a Tree

• Winner
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus was not only beaten for the light.

He was Crucified for BEING The LIGHT.

A.) "Jesus is the Light of the World"

Reader let me show you something about your CHRISTmas tree.

Do you put up a Christmas Tree with Lights on it?

Ever seen one?

What is that all about?
Its not about Saint Nicholas.

Its this.

Jesus is the "LIGHT of the World... who was HUNG.... on a TREE"....(The Cross of Christ)

So, when we hang CHRISTmas LIGHT on our TREE.....we are representing and respecting and
remembering...and CELEBRATING... : CHRIST on the Cross.

A.) The Light of the World......Hung on a Tree
Amen. That is the best analogy for Christmas and light I have seen. Makes me want to put up my tree again, in the middle of May, so show how Christ is the light.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and in a sense we get 'beaten for the light" as well, though not so much in America as in other places. It's usually just verbal here, though I have heard of people getting punched, Bibles torn out of their hands, and how about a few years back when a Christian was witnessing at a Pride event, he got accosted and kissed by a man! All for the light they show.
Before I was saved I threw rocks at a Christian one time. After I got saved I became friends with him!

Acts 12:1-2,
"Now about that time Herod the king stretched forth his hands to vex certain of the church.
And he killed James the brother of John with the sword."

And how about Paul?
"Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;" (2 Corinthians 11:24-25)

I'm working on part 2 to this now.
It is great that Jesus saved you. You went from being the oppressor, to being set free, and made a new friend. I heard on the forum in the news that someone got a Bible ripped out of their hands a few weeks ago, which is sad.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen. That is the best analogy for Christmas and light I have seen. Makes me want to put up my tree again, in the middle of May, so show how Christ is the light.

I keep CHRISTmas lights in my House, always out., year round..

And here is more for you... @AlexB23

When Christmas comes again this year, and everyone is there on Christmas morning, or if your family does it "all together "on Christmas eve...

Then before you get those packages out.......bring out that Birthday Cake with the Candle on it, and burning.... that you baked for Jesus and have everyone sing..

"Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to You..... Happy... Biiiiirth...daaaayyy... LORD JESUS, Happy Birthday to you"....

Then blow out that candle = LIGHT....

Then cut the cake, and "lets eat".

I promise you that you'll get a blessing from this, and your family and friends will have a experience they should have at least once in their Life....., and best of all.

God is SMILING at you.... the whole time.

Isn't it Great to make God smile?

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I keep CHRISTmas lights in my House, always out., year round..

And here is more for you... @AlexB23

When Christmas comes again this year, and everyone is there on Christmas morning, or if your family does it "all together "on Christmas eve...

Then before you get those packages out.......bring out that Birthday Cake with the Candle on it, and burning.... that you baked for Jesus and have everyone sing..

"Happy Birthday to you.. Happy Birthday to You..... Happy... Biiiiirth...daaaayyy... LORD JESUS, Happy Birthday to you"....

Then blow out that candle = LIGHT....

Then cut the cake, and "lets eat".

I promise you that you'll get a blessing from this, and your family and friends will have a experience they should have at least once in their Life....., and best of all.

God is SMILING at you.... the whole time.

Isn't it Great to make God smile?
I will try that for Christmas 2024. Maybe Jesus likes banana bread (I'm decent at making this bread), and I could put three candles on it, one for each day before He resurrected, and my parents and I could sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. :)

Reactions: Aviel
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't really do Christmas due to the Paganism and sun worship that's attached to it, but I do use Christmas lights a lot. Usually by fall there's only one set left burning because those mini lights burn out quickly, not being meant to use every day throughout the year. (Designed that way?)
I should just stock up on them. I don't like very bright lights, and Christmas lights give a soft glow, but enough to see around the house, and are excellent night lights.

Giving the analogy of the light being nailed to the tree as in Jesus would be a good way to bring the truth of Christ out, when everyone else is more interested in Santa Claus. I also like having a tree, and a live one, just for the good aroma it gives the house. I've been known to collect pine or spruce needles during the year and run them through the vacuum, which gives that strong pine scent you get when you vacuum up the fallen needles from the Christmas tree!

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟119,032.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't really do Christmas due to the Paganism and sun worship that's attached to it, but I do use Christmas lights a lot. Usually by fall there's only one set left burning because those mini lights burn out quickly, not being meant to use every day throughout the year. (Designed that way?)
I should just stock up on them. I don't like very bright lights, and Christmas lights give a soft glow, but enough to see around the house, and are excellent night lights.

Giving the analogy of the light being nailed to the tree as in Jesus would be a good way to bring the truth of Christ out, when everyone else is more interested in Santa Claus. I also like having a tree, and a live one, just for the good aroma it gives the house. I've been known to collect pine or spruce needles during the year and run them through the vacuum, which gives that strong pine scent you get when you vacuum up the fallen needles from the Christmas tree!
Well, there are LED Christmas lights nowadays that last longer compared to incandescent ones. Christmas has become a consumerist holiday sadly (since the 19th or 20th centuries), just as Easter is starting to become. I like the scent of pine. My tree is plastic, same with my parents, as it is easier to maintain. But, in an alternate history, I'd get a small pine tree, from a farm that grows these trees.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deborah~

Christ our Passover
Feb 18, 2017
Mobile, AL
✟25,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican

Giving the analogy of the light being nailed to the tree as in Jesus would be a good way to bring the truth of Christ out, when everyone else is more interested in Santa Claus. I also like having a tree, and a live one, just for the good aroma it gives the house. I've been known to collect pine or spruce needles during the year and run them through the vacuum, which gives that strong pine scent you get when you vacuum up the fallen needles from the Christmas tree
To me it's sad that so many actually believe that Christmas and Easter are based on or are in any way attached to anything pagan. It's simply not true. The history of how Christians have through the centuries chosen to practice their faith in and celebration of the most important dates in history, the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus, which are historical events that did actually occur on particular dates in history, how they have come to be observed, remembered, and celebrated, and all the customs associated with them, is actually very well documented and quite inspiring. All the twisting of the use of Christmas trees and Santa Claus and Easter eggs and bunnies that is falsely attributed to pagan beliefs and rites is pure fiction ... very popular, especially in anti-Catholic circles, but in anti-Christian circles as well ... but fiction nonetheless.

Here is a short read about the actual history of the Christmas tree, for anyone who is interested. The Christmas Tree - A Study on its Origins and History | DLBray

In Christ,
Deborah

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
To me it's sad that so many actually believe that Christmas and Easter are based on or are in any way attached to anything pagan. It's simply not true. The history of how Christians have through the centuries chosen to practice their faith in and celebration of the most important dates in history, the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus, which are historical events that did actually occur on particular dates in history, how they have come to be observed, remembered, and celebrated, and all the customs associated with them, is actually very well documented and quite inspiring. All the twisting of the use of Christmas trees and Santa Claus and Easter eggs and bunnies that is falsely attributed to pagan beliefs and rites is pure fiction ... very popular, especially in anti-Catholic circles, but in anti-Christian circles as well ... but fiction nonetheless.

Here is a short read about the actual history of the Christmas tree, for anyone who is interested. The Christmas Tree - A Study on its Origins and History | DLBray

In Christ,
Deborah

Then there's this also. However I've seen Messianic Jewish literature speak of Jesus actual birth as October, around the 10th, also based on calculations:

Hyppolitus (170-235 CE), a prominent theologian of the Catholic Church in Rome, mentioned the date of Jesus birth in his 204 CE work, “Commentary on Daniel”.

He stated Jesus was born “in Bethlehem, eight days before the calendar of January [December 25], the 4th day of the week [Wednesday]”.

In this context, Hyppolitus used the Julian calendar, a solar calendar introduced by Julius Caesar in 46 BCE.

But in Jewish tradition, the date of conception of holy person coincides with the date of death. Early Christians believed that March 25 was when Jesus was crucified.

Based on this theological assumption, the calculation shows that Jesus’ conception also happened on March 25. This means, Jesus was born exactly nine months later, or on December 25. This theological-based calculation is known as Calculation Theory.

The theory suggests Jesus’s birth date has not linked to the pagan rituals to worship Sol Invictus, Saturnalia and Mithras, since the pagan feasts were not celebrated on December 25.

Sol Invictus was likely celebrated on August 8, 9, or 28, October 19 or 22, or December 11.

Saturnalia was celebrated between December 17-23.

As for Mithras, there is no compelling evidence that it was celebrated on December 25.

The origins of Christmas celebrations

Three different manuscripts further prove Christmas was celebrated before 336 CE. Didascalia Apostolorum, Liber Pontificalis, and Epistle of Theophilus The texts provide information on the pastoral life of early Christians, their religious ceremonies (liturgies) and the names of popes.

Didascalia is an ancient text from 250 CE. The text mentions the celebration of the Epiphany, the manifestation of Christ to the ordinary people. The Catholic Church celebrates Epiphany to commemorate the visit of three wise men in Bethlehem.

Upvote 0

Deborah~

Christ our Passover
Feb 18, 2017
Mobile, AL
✟25,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Hyppolitus (170-235 CE), a prominent theologian of the Catholic Church in Rome, mentioned the date of Jesus birth in his 204 CE work, “Commentary on Daniel”.
Actually, the historical record of the observance of Jesus’ birth on December 25 goes back further than the 2nd century, back to the generation of the Apostles. Clement of Rome, who lived from A.D. 35 – 110, was a leading figure in the first century. He was a companion of and was personally taught by the Apostles, is mentioned by Paul in Philippians 4:3, and he served as their scribe in recording the work called “The Constitutions of the Holy Apostles,” which was a large work containing the principles and precedents for church organization taught by the Apostles. In that work the Apostles specifically mention the feasts of the Christian faith and make particular mention of the feast of the day of Jesus’ birth: “Brethren, keep diligently the feast days, and truly in the first place the day of Christ’s birth.” And in another place they state: “Let the birthday of our Savior Jesus Christ be celebrated on the twenty fifth day of the ninth month beginning to reckon from March.” (That is, December 25).

Clement also penned a pastoral letter to the church at Corinth sometime very shortly after Peter’s martyrdom, in c. 65-68 (Peter was martyred c. 64-67). That letter is the oldest Christian document outside the Scriptures, and was in fact included in some of the earliest versions of the New Testament. Clement is one of the most historically attested persons who lived and wrote from the time of the Apostles and the first Christian generation into the second.

In Christ,
Deborah
בוא שׁוב אדני יהשׁוע
Amen! Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Actually, the historical record of the observance of Jesus’ birth on December 25 goes back further than the 2nd century, back to the generation of the Apostles. Clement of Rome, who lived from A.D. 35 – 110, was a leading figure in the first century. He was a companion of and was personally taught by the Apostles, is mentioned by Paul in Philippians 4:3, and he served as their scribe in recording the work called “The Constitutions of the Holy Apostles,” which was a large work containing the principles and precedents for church organization taught by the Apostles. In that work the Apostles specifically mention the feasts of the Christian faith and make particular mention of the feast of the day of Jesus’ birth: “Brethren, keep diligently the feast days, and truly in the first place the day of Christ’s birth.” And in another place they state: “Let the birthday of our Savior Jesus Christ be celebrated on the twenty fifth day of the ninth month beginning to reckon from March.” (That is, December 25).

Clement also penned a pastoral letter to the church at Corinth sometime very shortly after Peter’s martyrdom, in c. 65-68 (Peter was martyred c. 64-67). That letter is the oldest Christian document outside the Scriptures, and was in fact included in some of the earliest versions of the New Testament. Clement is one of the most historically attested persons who lived and wrote from the time of the Apostles and the first Christian generation into the second.

In Christ,
Deborah
בוא שׁוב אדני יהשׁוע
Amen! Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

I've read some of Clement but not that. I do use some of the early church Fathers to authenticate texts that are controversial.
I pray "Bo Shuv Adonai Yeshu" quite a bit! Amen!

Upvote 0

Deborah~

Christ our Passover
Feb 18, 2017
Mobile, AL
✟25,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
גם אני מחכה בקוצר רוח לשובו של המאסטר ולתפארת שתגיע לבואו כשהוא יעשה הכל חדש.

כל השבח והתהילה לישו המשיח מלכנו, או מושיענו, מצילנו, גואלנו, ידידנו.

במשיח, דבורה

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟29,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
גם אני מחכה בקוצר רוח לשובו של המאסטר ולתפארת שתגיע לבואו כשהוא יעשה הכל חדש.

כל השבח והתהילה לישו המשיח מלכנו, או מושיענו, מצילנו, גואלנו, ידידנו.

במשיח, דבורה

It's awesome you mentioned "glory" twice there and I just posted yesterday about Yeshua's glory in us "I AM glorified in them."
אהיה אשר אהיה התהילה

And absolutely can't wait for Yeshua's return in all His glory as King!

Upvote 0