Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A sound mind is misunderstood. People think that having mental illness means that you don't have sound judgment. However unbelievers dont have mental illness, so is their judgment sound?

The apostle Paul was actually of his mind at times and he had that thorn in the flesh. That's not exactly what people normally consider to be sound judgment.

We walk by faith not by sight. This means that it doesn't matter what our mind thinks or sees. My own mind is my enemy. I have mental struggles. I ignore my mind. Romans 8 said that nothing can separate us from God's love. Not even my broken mind. Not any illness. Nothing can rob us of God's love.

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟109,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A sound mind is misunderstood. People think that having mental illness means that you don't have sound judgment. However unbelievers dont have mental illness, so is their judgment sound?

The apostle Paul was actually of his mind at times and he had that thorn in the flesh. That's not exactly what people normally consider to be sound judgment.

We walk by faith not by sight. This means that it doesn't matter what our mind thinks or sees. My own mind is my enemy. I have mental struggles. I ignore my mind. Romans 8 said that nothing can separate us from God's love. Not even my broken mind. Not any illness. Nothing can rob us of God's love.
Do you stop serving God and think that nothing you do matters when you do damage to your body? No, we serve God in our spirit, and our body cannot prevent that.

Neither can the state of our mind or emotions interrupt our relationship with God in the spirit realm. It may hurt, and may seem to create tension in our relationship with God. But as long as our spirit is connected to God's Spirit, the state of our mind or body cannot destroy our relationship with God. We simply need to persevere under any and all circumstances. This is for God's glory.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you stop serving God and think that nothing you do matters when you do damage to your body? No, we serve God in our spirit, and our body cannot prevent that.

Neither can the state of our mind or emotions interrupt our relationship with God in the spirit realm. It may hurt, and may seem to create tension in our relationship with God. But as long as our spirit is connected to God's Spirit, the state of our mind or body cannot destroy our relationship with God. We simply need to persevere under any and all circumstances. This is for God's glory.
I don't know. I try

Upvote 0