Zone Control, okay. Gun Contol in the USA, no way!

Paxton25

Forgiven
Aug 27, 2010
✟17,837.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You could close down every gun/ammo shop tomorrow and there would still be more guns than people and more ammo than sperm in the USA.

By all means, police the acquisition process better, but you still must rezone and fortify schools, residential and urban areas to make freedom of movement and safety realities in the US.

My suggested rezoning:
1) Schools/Universities: Enclosed areas with very few guarded, screening entrances & exits . All halls and school grounds are monitored at all times.
2) Surrounding urban/suburban areas: Essentially buffer zones with no conceal/carry. Patrolled by police. Residents can keep guns locked in homes for protection, but cannot discharge in urban areas otherwise.
3) Dense, urban areas. No guns allowed. Detectors, cops, and cameras everywhere.
4) Rural/towns: Conceal & carry as desired. Take your life into your own hands. You're in Republican country now:)

Zoning legislation could be enacted at state and municipal levels while the feds can worry about controlling the supply. Police presence will need to be increased in certain areas like schools and universities (no kidding). It's the only conceivable solution I can see in a country polarized by gun lobbyists and gun control advocates.

I welcome any additional suggestions that could improve the situation without compromising liberty or safety.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟320,844.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
You could close down every gun/ammo shop tomorrow and there would still be more guns than people and more ammo than sperm in the USA.

By all means, police the acquisition process better, but you still must rezone and fortify schools, residential and urban areas to make freedom of movement and safety realities in the US.

My suggested rezoning:
1) Schools/Universities: Enclosed areas with very few guarded, screening entrances & exits . All halls and school grounds are monitored at all times.
2) Surrounding urban/suburban areas: Essentially buffer zones with no conceal/carry. Patrolled by police. Residents can keep guns locked in homes for protection, but cannot discharge in urban areas otherwise.
3) Dense, urban areas. No guns allowed. Detectors, cops, and cameras everywhere.
4) Rural/towns: Conceal & carry as desired. Take your life into your own hands. You're in Republican country now:)

Zoning legislation could be enacted at state and municipal levels while the feds can worry about controlling the supply. Police presence will need to be increased in certain areas like schools and universities (no kidding). It's the only conceivable solution I can see in a country polarized by gun lobbyists and gun control advocates.

I welcome any additional suggestions that could improve the situation without compromising liberty or safety.

By all means turn all educational areas into prisons.

Of course your proposal will eliminate the unemployement problem!

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
My suggested rezoning:

You answer to vanishingly rare instances of mass killings on collage/school grounds it to render them all, in effect, prison camps?

With the ruling on the Chicago gun ban these two would not pass constitutional muster.

Distain for those who you perceive to not vote as you wish duly noted.

Zoning legislation could be enacted at state and municipal levels...

Followed by it being struck down in the courts.

...while the feds can worry about controlling the supply.

The genie is out of the bottle. Unless you're calling for forceable confiscation of existing, legal, weapons which would not pass even the most cursory reading of second amendment case law this is a non starter.

Police presence will need to be increased in certain areas like schools and universities (no kidding).

The numbers have not changed. Mass shootings in schools are still vanishingly rare events and are not on the increase. It may appeal to uniformed public outrage to take such measures it does not appeal to the facts.

Your ideas are fatally flawed, not based on the facts, unworkable and unconstitutional. Do you have any others?

Upvote 0

Glas Ridire

Dec 28, 2010
✟4,005.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Because even when screened & with limited entrances (like a dorm with an RA), college kids are terrible at sneaking things as big as. . . kegs of beer . . . where they aren't allowed. Lets see, 160 lbs of keg and contents = about 18 AK47's or AR15's . . . . how about nine of each? Should be much easier for one such weapon to get snuck in. Thanks for making sure there is no defense against that mass murderer, the blood shed by such a policy is on the policy maker's hands.

So essentially like Illinois, where gun control has a record of working so well. Citizens get to be victims of violent crimes, criminals get to strike with impunity. The only safety is staying in one's home, ordering food, having groceries delivered, making purchases over the internet, like being in Jail but on a work release program. . . . that sounds like justice for citizens that haven't committed any crime :doh:

Urban people get civil rights revoked. . . okay, I am with ya. . . see where you are coming from. They probably aren't white & don't go to the right church anyway. . . I am following your logic. Well, in this Bladerunner-esque or is it Robocop sort of future you provide, shouldn't it be pretty easy for enterprising individuals to harvest the wire and the cameras? For criminals to create blind zones where they can molest the public or create "territory" with impunity? Detectors. . . . like where? Cops everywhere on whose tax dollar? No guns allowed for citizens. . . guns only for the criminals, meanwhile a TSA station at every pharmacy and yogurt shop to make life even harder on the people while they try and eek out a living between being robbed or raped. But yeah, like I said, I understand why that would be okay with a democrat.

So, you are equating being free with being Republican, I can see how they would like that. I am not a Republican, but I do like being free. . . guess ya don't want me in your party. But then, Democrats have always only welcomed non-whites so long as they only vote the right straight ticket & don't go thinking or failing to recognize our "place". . . you might have to burn a cross in my yard if I get too uppity right?

Zoning legislation could be enacted at state and municipal levels while the feds can worry about controlling the supply.
Failed civics huh? No municipality or state can pass a law negating Constitutionally protected civil rights. Read the 14th amendment?

But all of your suggestions compromised both liberty and safety. How long will liberals focus on disarming the innocent while refusing to provide real solutions?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

My suggested rezoning:

After reading your last sentence, I thought this post was a big gigantic piece of irony.
No?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
How about just declaring the US a failed experiment and we move on?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Why is the US a failed experiment?
The thread topic?

Or would you call getting to the point where fortifying schools seems a good idea because armed violence is out of control a success?

Upvote 0
M

muslimsoldier4life

Or would you call getting to the point where fortifying schools seems a good idea because armed violence is out of control a success?
In the year 2012, how many school shooting did the United States have? How many shootings of a mass murder range that occured weekly? All this talk is just a knee jerk reaction to what's going on recently. There have been more children killed by drunk drivers in the year 2012, than by guns. Yet these idiots are still able to get their driver's license back and get back behind a wheel once they serve their time; The same can be said of damn near every Western nation out there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In the year 2012, how many school shooting did the United States have? How many shootings of a mass murder range that occured weekly? All this talk is just a knee jerk reaction to what's going on recently. There have been more children killed by drunk drivers in the year 2012, than by guns. Yet these idiots are still able to get their driver's license back and get back behind a wheel once they serve their time; The same can be said of damn near every Western nation out there.

By Jove, I think he's got it! :thumbsup:

Because of our 'split nature' being both good and evil, we really aren't capable of managing our problems very well. We just don't like inflicting uncomfortable solutions upon ourselves. God calls this 'halting between two opinions", or 'moral gridlock'.

Look at the William Splengler case. He beat his grandmother with a hammer but apparently didn't intend to kill her and thus got only 18 years for manslaughter. The rest is tragic history.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
In the year 2012, how many school shooting did the United States have?
Lets say we took a longer term to give a bit more statistical validity. And let's say we produced the equivalent per-capita figure for each country in the world. I wonder where you think the US would come in that league table? What countries would it be similar to?

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

My suggested rezoning:

The rural areas STILL sound a helluva lot safer than any of the other

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lets say we took a longer term to give a bit more statistical validity. And let's say we produced the equivalent per-capita figure for each country in the world. I wonder where you think the US would come in that league table? What countries would it be similar to?
Frankly, who cares. By the way, my version of gun control is how well you aim and how accurately you shoot.:kiss:

Upvote 0

jminnesota

Sep 4, 2012
US
✟16,633.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
well i feel you have the right to protect yourself and if you have a gun and have all the training and permits etc its ok to carry a gun for protection. if someone breaks into your house and wants to kill you or your family you have the right to defend yourself even if you have to kill the person. If teachers had guns maybe less kids would be killed when a school shooting happnes. I know if i was a teacher i would want to protect the kids i would feel bad if they died and i did nothing. it takes a while for police to get there and set up so if you have someone with a gun already at the school or more then 1 then have better chance to stop the person before they do to much killing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat On
dr-seuss-cat-in-hat-2.jpg

This thread has been cleaned.
Address the topic and cut out the personal attacks, please.

Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
well i feel you have the right to protect yourself and if you have a gun and have all the training and permits etc its ok to carry a gun for protection. if someone breaks into your house and wants to kill you or your family you have the right to defend yourself even if you have to kill the person. If teachers had guns maybe less kids would be killed when a school shooting happnes. I know if i was a teacher i would want to protect the kids i would feel bad if they died and i did nothing. it takes a while for police to get there and set up so if you have someone with a gun already at the school or more then 1 then have better chance to stop the person before they do to much killing.

Arming teachers may have another benefit; reducing assaults by students. :D

What Are Teachers Rights Against Student Assault? | eHow.com

Last edited:
Upvote 0

QR1

Rook by any other name, still moves the same
Nov 20, 2012
✟15,712.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Dang kids, ya'll got modded.

My suggested rezoning:
If they can smuggle kegs in they can smuggle an AK47 and 2,000 rounds in .. . how many universities no matter how 'fenced' don't have a multiple kegs smuggled in?

You would establish buffer zones where criminals could engage in street crime at will but would be reluctant to do home invasions except when dwellings were unoccupied and could further their street crime. . . huh.

City dwellers don't deserve civil rights, cause if they were real citizens they would live in the suburbs where minorities aren't allowed. .. . well, besides being racists and classicist, your idea has absolutely no evidence of efficacy . . . it would be good and racist though, good and classicist too . . . was that you pointy white hooded objective? I mean, I respect klansmen when they come out and say they are Klansmen as opposed to just anonymously burning a cross in my yard.

4) Rural/towns: Conceal & carry as desired. Take your life into your own hands. You're in Republican country now
huh, places were gentry dwell they get landed noble privileges. . . em yeah, that gets right to the heart of equal rights as we know them in modern America where folks rights aren't dependent on their race or title. .. Oh wait, the policies you are suggesting are completely classicist and racist . . . I think there is an England that still loves citizens that espouse those views. You could sign up or. .. . shut up. . .. if you don't like fundamental values like equality and freedom, there are countries which support that for their subjects.

Upvote 0