✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
ZOE—LIFE

The God kind of Life

John 5:24
24 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 10:10
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

• The bible tells us that Jesus came to give us Life.
  • Not only life but life more abundantly—an overflow!
John 3:16
16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

What is this Eternal Life?
  • Most Christians don’t have a clue.

They don’t know:
  • What it is,what it gives and what it does for the believer.

Eternal life is not:
  • Simply living forever—its much more than that.

In order to understand this you must have an understanding on:
  • Spiritual life and Spiritual death.
Harper’s Bible Dictionary says:
“In the wisdom of Solomon we are told that God created Adam deathless: God created man for incorruption and made him in the image and of His own eternity. Death came because of sin: The day you eat of it you will surely die (Gen. 2:17). Yet the wisdom of Solomon is unusual in Jewish literature for it speaks not of resurrection from death but of the immortality of the soul by which humankind survives after death.

Unger’s Bible Dictionary says:
“Eternal life is a priceless treasure, the gift of God. It is not to be confused with mere endless existence, which all possess, saved and unsaved… This life is nothing less than Christ in you… Eternal life must not be confused with natural life… The one possessing mere natural life will be separated from God… Thus, separation from God is eternal death; union with God is eternal life.

Barclay’s Commentary of New Testament Words:
“Man shall never enter into the full idea (understanding) of eternal life until we rid ourselves of the almost instinctive assumption that eternal life means primarily life which goes on forever and ever”

The translators New Testament Notes says:
“Eternal…draws attention to the quality of life, not its duration…Translators should be careful to avoid expressions, which mean no more than a timeless continuation of life after death.”

Vines Expository dictionary of Greek and Hebrew Words:
“Eternal life is life in the absolute sense, life as God has it, that which the Father has in Himself…Eternal life is the present actual possession of the believer because of his relationship with Christ.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is it exactly? No way we could know right now because we only have part of the revelation. Paul declares in 1 Cor 13:8-12:

8: Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9: For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10: But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
11: When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12: For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 1:1-4
1 Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ:

2 Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord, 3 as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue, 4 by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
NKJV

Eternal life here is called divine nature:
  • Eternal life is the life and nature of God.
  • Eternal life is what makes God, God.
  • It is God’s DNA—the make up of the Almighty!

Eternal life is life in the absolute:
  • No trace of sickness, disease, death or doubt in this life.

Eternal life is:
  • What came into your spirit when you were born again,
  • This life destroyed the old man and created the new.
  • it is the reason why the born again man is forever righteous, holy and without blame.

Eternal life is a heavenly substance that is transmittable:
  • We lay hands on the sick for the purpose of transmitting eternal life.
When eternal life comes into contact with sickness or disease:
  • It will completely destroy them!

This life is free from restrictions:
  • It is unlimited because it is the substance of an unlimited God.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
So....if a Christian whose whole salvation is about this zoe has no comprehension or understanding of what zoe is, then are they really Christian?

I like how charityagape put it, I could not have said it any better. You have Zoe because you are a born again believer!

You don't have to comprehend life to have life, ie an infant doesn't comprehend life (exactly anyway), doesn't make them any less alive.

You are exactly right! Using your example of infants not comprehending. I believe all of us are infants in one topic or another in the Word of God. None of us have it all, even though we like to impress everyone like we have an edge.

I have found like most as I get older, I am not as smart as I was when I started all of this (lol). God is a good God, and Zoe is where it all begins.

Love in His Service,
Rick

Reactions: RhemaWarrior
Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
God Is The Source Of This Life

John 1:1-5
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life (ZOE), and the life (ZOE) was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
NKJV

John 5:26
26 For as the Father has life in Himself, so He has granted the Son to have life in Himself,
NKJV

For as the Father is a life-bearer, so he has made the son a life bearer—Cotton Patch translation

Another translation says:
For the Father, being as His is the source of Life, He has made the son the source of life.

God is the source and He made Jesus the source of life for us!

To understand eternal life: what it is,
what it does and what it provides,
We must look at Gods plan for man.

Gen 1:24-27

24 Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth the living creature according to its kind: cattle and creeping thing and beast of the earth, each according to its kind"; and it was so. 25 And God made the beast of the earth according to its kind, cattle according to its kind, and everything that creeps on the earth according to its kind. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.
NKJV

God created Adam, with built in dominion!

Image in Hebrew means—Representation and manifestation. Vines Expository Dictionary.

• Man was created to be a visible representation and manifestation of God.
Unger’s Bible Dictionary says:
“Likeness added to image tells us that the divine image, which man bears, is one corresponding to the original pattern.

The image of God refers to the qualities or attributes present in the person.
  • ZOE-life is God’s nature.
  • It is God’s constitution and composition,
  • Simply put, it is the substance ant make up of God.

Eternal life holds ALL:
  • the qualities,
  • attributes
  • And abilities found in God!
Gen 2:7
7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
NKJV

God breathed Himself into man!!!
  • He imparted His life (ZOE) into man.
  • Man became a living soul.
  • His soul became deathless.
  • God breathed into man eternity!!!

Man was to operate and function just like God in this world:He was a perfect representation and manifestation of God.

He had God’s: Ability, qualities, attributes and traits.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
You could say that: Adam was the god (lower case g) of this world!

2 Cor 4:4

4 For the god of this world has blinded the unbelievers' minds [that they should not discern the truth], preventing them from seeing the illuminating light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ (the Messiah), Who is the Image and Likeness of God.
AMP

God never gave Satan that place of the god of this world: Satan stole it,
He tricked Eve,
Eve persuaded Adam,
Adam committed high treason—by disobeying God.

When Adam submitted himself over to the devil: He gave the devil his authority over this world.

Then Adam received the promise that came by eating the tree: Which was Death—spiritual death.

Gen 2:16-17

16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."
NKJV

He did not die for 930 years?

Gen 5:5
5 So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died.
NKJV

God is not a Liar—Adam died that day he ate: He died spiritually.

Gen 3:6-7

6 So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate. She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate. 7 Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves coverings.
NKJV

This is the bibles way of saying: Something changed on the inside of Adam and Eve.

Spiritual Death separates you from God: That’s what happened.

Vines Expository Dictionary says:

“Death is the separation of man from God; Adam died on the day he disobeyed God. Hence all mankind are born in the same spiritual condition. Death (THANATOS) is the opposite of life (ZOE). It never denotes nonexistence.”

You could say: Adam god born again in reverse!
Man became children of wrath (the devil) instead of
children of God!

How did Eve end up doing this in the first place?

Gen 3:13
13 And the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?"
The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
NKJV

Young’s Literal Translation says: The serpent has caused me to forget…

What did the serpent cause Eve to forget? Satan caused her to forget her was already like God!
They were made in His image and likeness!

One man might have got us into a mess: But it only took one man to get us out!

Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.
NKJV

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity
Between you and the woman,
And between your seed and her Seed;
He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."
NKJV

He shall bruise your head means: To take away the authority of a ruler.

His plan was to take back what the devil had stolen: Restore man to his original position before the fall,
Dethrone the devil and destroy all his works. (Heb. 2:14)

So what was the purpose of Jesus’ coming?

John 10:10
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

My purpose is to give eternal life abundantly! LB
to bring spiritual life to men. RIGGS

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
1 Tim 6:11-13
1 But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, to which you were also called and have confessed the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Blackwelder, Boyce translation: Get a firm grip on eternal life.

Life Messengers translation: Take real care, with eager intensity, to maintain a firm
grip on eternal life, because it is God who has called you
into it.

The message: Seize eternal life, the life you were called to, the life you
so fervently embraced in the presence of so many
witnesses. I’m charging you before the life-giving God
and before Christ, who took his stand before Pontius
Pilate and didn’t give an inch: Keep this command to the
letter and don’t slack off.

Paul was used pretty strong words to Timothy about this eternal life.

Lay hold: take real care, with eager intensity, maintain a firm grip
seize

Paul knew it was the God kind of life: He knew that it was the only thing that can dispel the
kingdom of darkness.

Most Christians don’t have a firm grip on Eternal life: Because most have Jesus locked up on the inside.

John G Lake said about a woman that was healed of Rheumatics, Bright’s disease and other ailments: That Christ had been imprisoned in her soul and spirit;
now He was permitted to be manifest in her body.

He told the lady—as Jesus dwells in your spirit and
possesses your soul, in just exactly the same way He is
possessing your blood, and your rheumatic bones, and
that the very same thing will happen in your bones when
you realize the truth that happened in your spirit when
you were converted at the alter.
(Spiritual Hunger and other sermons by John G. Lake
pg. 33)

The early Pentecostal/Faith healers new something about eternal life:
This Zoe life—This God kind of life!

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
1 John 5:4 says:
4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world — our faith.

The Philips translation says:
For “God’s Heredity” within us will always conquer the world outside us. In fact, this faith of ours is the only way that the world can be conquered.

If you are born of God— a born again believer:
  • You have the capability to conquer all the world has to offer.
  • The only way you can do that is by faith—you can not conquer any other way.

1 John 5:11-13
11 And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 12 He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. 13 These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.

The Barclay translation:
  • God gave us eternal life, and His Son is the source of this life. My purpose for writing this letter to you is to give you the assurance that you possess this eternal life.

Eternal life is in the present day possession of the born again man.

If you’ve got something in your possession:
  • It doesn’t do you any good if you don’t know how to use it.

So what does the ZOE-life do in and for the Believer?

Here are 8 main things for the recipient:

• Eternal life makes us new beings (God-men).
  • Eternal life makes us one with Christ.
  • Eternal life delivers us from satan’s dominion.
  • Eternal life makes us more than conquerors.
  • Eternal life gives us God’s ability.
  • Eternal life causes us to always be victorious.
-When active in the soul and body of man-
  • Eternal life will cause one to walk in divine health.
  • Eternal life will live it’s own self out—just like it did in Jesus.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
1) ETERNAL LIFE MAKES US NEW BEINGS!

John 1:1 says:
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This is talking about Jesus :
  • Jesus is the Word,
  • He was with God,
  • And He was God.

John 1:14 says:
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

Jesus put on an earth suit:
  • Everyone was able to see God in a body.

It says here that Jesus is the only begotten of the Father:
  • that was true then,
  • But not anymore.

Rom 8:29
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

It was eternal life (ZOE: the life of God):
  • That made Jesus different from every other human at that time.
The Life of God which Jesus possessed:
  • Put Him in a class by Himself.

But God did not want Him to be by Himself:
  • God wanted a family, just like the Lord Jesus Christ.

Jesus was on a mission by God The Father:
  • To produce a race of people,
  • With God’s life and nature in them also!

Adam produced a fallen race of people:
  • Who had the nature of the devil.

Jesus was sent to produce a race of people:
  • Who had the nature of Almighty God!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Eph 2:13-15 says:
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For He Himself is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of separation, 15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, that is, the law of commandments contained in ordinances, so as to create in Himself one new man from the two, thus making peace,

…one new quality of humanity…-AMP
…one new kind of people like Himself…-NL (New Life Bible)
…one man of new mold…-RHM (J.B. Rotherham)

God moving into man’s spirit and uniting Himself to man:
  • Makes one new being,
  • just like the master,
  • A God type of man.

2 Cor 5:17 says:
17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

• you are created anew,
  • you are a brand new person
  • you are a new being
  • A true Christian is not merely a man altered, but a man remade, (A NEW SPECIES.)—DEAF

A New race of humanity has now been made:
  • A new nation of people called—“the New Creation Nation”.
    • Men and women born out of the womb of God Himself.
    • A new kind of being,
A nation of God-men known as:
  • The body of Christ!

Romans 8:29 in the Philips translations says:
  • God, in His foreknowledge, chose them to bear the family likeness of His Son, that He might be the eldest of a family of many brothers.

• …Shaping them into the exact image if His Son, who thus became the first boy in a who line of brothers.—CP (Cotton Patch translation).

We are made out of the same pattern as His Son:
  • So we can perform the same works.

John 14:12 says:
12 "Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

• Because He went to His Father, we now can experience this eternal (ZOE—life)
How can you perform the same works if He has an advantage?

We have been created out of Christ pattern:
  • We are transmitters of the divine nature of God!

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
1.The first thing is eternal life makes us new beings.

2. The second thing is Eternal Live makes us one with Christ.

1 Cor 6:17
17 But he who is joined to the Lord is one spirit with Him.

We are one because of a common substance—(ZOE)—Eternal life makes us what Christ is!!!!

1 John 4:17 says
  • … as He is, so are we in this world.

Our union with Christ makes us everything He is!
  • We should never view ourselves separate from Christ.

The more we see ourselves separate:
  • The less of Him we will experience.
John 15:5-8 says:
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. 6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. 8 By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

Apart from our union with God we can do nothing.

John 17:20-23 says:
20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me.

You cannot get any more united than that!!!

We must do the works of Jesus:
  • The world must know Jesus was sent by God in order to redeem man.
  • It is through our union with Christ, the world is made to believe!

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
3. Eternal life delivers us from satan’s dominion.

Eternal life is not only a nature, It's a new realm.

Eternal life translates you out of the kingdom of darkness or the realm of death: And throws you into the realm kingdom of God or the “The LIFE realm.”
Jesus is the ONLY king in this realm,
Satan has NO legal right to you if you are in the realm of this New Life.

Genesis 2:16-17 says:
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, "Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die."

The day Adam ate of the tree: He not only received the spirit of Death,
But he also handed his authority to satan.

At that point satan set up his kingdom: The kingdom of darkness,
satan had No kingdom prior to this.

So as it stands there are 2 kingdoms:

1. The Kingdom of God
a. John 3:3 says: Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. NKJ

2. The Kingdom of darkness
a. Eph. 6:12 says: We do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, aganst powers, against the rulers of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.—NKJ

John 12:31-32
31 Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself."

World—KOSMOS—Order of the universe, or world (World order).
  • This is talking about the present world, or the present order of things—as opposed to the kingdom of Christ—(the Complete Word Study New Testament)

So the ruler of this present World will be thrown out of authority—striped of power: I have heard so many people say they just can’t wait for that day.

If you are a born again child of God:
That day has already happened!
It is not in the sweet by and by.
You are now in the KINGDOM OF HIS DEAR SON!

People who are in the kingdom of darkness: Remain under a controlling system that operates by the law of sin and death.
They are under the jurisdiction of the devil.

Satan is their present judge: Because they are citizens of his kingdom.

In the kingdom of darkness: Sin, sickness, disease, poverty and death rule.
That is the inheritance of that kingdom.

These things come by course:
By living in the world system which the devil set up at the fall of man.

Upvote 0

importunity

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2007
Tennessee
✟56,180.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Eph 2:1-3
1 And you He made alive (imparted Zoe), who were dead in trespasses and sins, 2 in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.

…controlled by the Ruler of the Kingdom of the Lower Air, that demon-spirit which is now so active in the children of disobedience. (Way)

...under allegiance to the Prince of the Power of the Air, the spirit that still rules among those who do not acknowledge the reign of God. (WAND)

…dominated by the spirit of the age in this world system, as dominated by the leader of the authority of the lower atmosphere... (WUEST)

…you indulged in conformity to the ways of this present world order, under the influence of the prince whose domain is spiritual… (BLACK)

Although the devil set up his kingdom in the earth: There is another Kingdom in operation—Zoe-life.
Zoe Life places you in the Kingdom of God.

IN THIS KINGDOM—THE DEVIL HAS NO VOICE!

The VOICE that is heard in THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS: The voice of the blood of HIS SON JESUS,
This voice cries out MERCY—NOT JUDGMENT!

Heb 2:14
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,
NKJV

…He might dethrone the lord of death, and free from their slavery men who had always lived in fear of death.—(GSPD)

…deliver those…who lived under the spell of the prince of death… (GREBER)

…So that he might destroy the devil, who is king of death, he set us free from death. We need no longer be slaves to the fear of death… (LAU)

Jesus destroyed the devil:
  • To free anyone that would believe on His Name!
  • We not longer have to live in the sphere of death!

We now can live in the realm of life:
  • Under a king who loves us, and has provided His best for us!
Eph 1:20-23
20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.

22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.
NKJV

We are the body of Christ!
  • Jesus is the head—we are the body,
  • What is under Christ’s feet is under our feet!
  • We are now seated with him in the realm of Life!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.