Perth,Western Australia
✟11,338.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
The Church is the new Israel. God does not see any difference between jews and other non-christians. As jewish people are not christians, I don't understand why do we need to support their cause.

We need to love them as humans, that's it.
[VERSE=1 Corinthians 10:32,ASV]Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:[/VERSE]
As you can clearly see even in the age of Christianity that the church of God is different from the Jews and Gentiles.

Upvote 0

VegasGeorge

Crusader!
Supporter
Dec 28, 2008
Sin City in the Great Mojave Desert
✟45,236.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This entire question of zionism and the Jewish homeland and the United Nations and the Palestinians and the Arab nations surrounding Israel is so confusing, so contradictory, so seemingly unjustified, and so beyond rational understanding that I can only believe that it is God's plan as revealed in scripture, working itself out before our very eyes. I can't think of any other explanation. It certainly is unparalleled and unique in the history of man.

Upvote 0

JM

Coram Deo.
Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟738,796.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Dispensationalism's Inherent Racism
by Ken Gentry, Th.D., Director, NiceneCouncil.com

Built within the very foundation of dispensationalism is racism. The dispensational system sets apart the Jewish race for special favors during the millennium. Note some of their radical statements regarding the exaltation of the Jews in the millennium:

"Israel, regathered and turned to the Lord in salvation, will be exalted, blessed, and favored through this period." (Ryrie, Basis of the Premillennial Faith, 149.)

"The Gentiles will be Israel’s servants during that age. . . . The nations which usurped authority over Israel in past ages find that downtrodden people exalted and themselves in subjection in their kingdom. And these are not unsaved Gentiles: The Gentiles that are in the millennium will have experienced conversion prior to admission." (Pentecost, Things to Come, 508.)

"The redeemed living nation of Israel, regenerated and regathered to the land will be head over all the nations of the earth. . . . So he exalts them above the Gentile nations. . . . On the lowest level there are the saved, living, Gentile nations." (Hoyt, "Dispensational Premillennialism," in Clouse, Meaning of the Millennium, 81.)

"God will keep his original promises to the fathers and will one day convert and place Israel as the head of the nations." (House and Ice, Dominion Theology, 175.)

"Israel will be a glorious nation, protected from her enemies, exalted above the Gentiles. . . . In contrast to the present church age in which Jew and Gentile are on an equal plane of privilege, the millennium is clearly a period of time in which Israel is in prominence and blessing. . . . Israel as a nation will be exalted." (Walvoord, Millennial Kingdom, 136.)

"In the millennium Israel as a nation will rule over the Gentiles." (Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, in Popular Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy, 201.)

This doctrine regarding the ultimate goal of history is astounding for many reasons. I will just cite two.

First, dispensationalism contradicts the revelation of God in the OT. In a passage dealing with the glorious kingdom of Christ (which in dispensationalism would be the millennium), God absolutely destroys this concept of the exaltation of the Jewish race:

"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, 'Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.'" (Isaiah 19:23-25)

Nothing in this passage allows for an exaltation of the Jew above the Gentile. It speaks of absolute, redemptive equality.

Second, dispensationalism contradicts the revelation of God in the NT. According to Paul, Jew and Gentile have been united in one body, with the "middle wall of partition" being broken down (Eph 2:11-19). Nothing in the Ephesians 2 passage appears to be temporary. This union of Jew and Gentile in one is, in fact, the goal of God's redemption in history. Paul repeatedly declares that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, for we are all one in him (Rom 10:12; Gal 3:28; Col 3:11).

Dispensationalists long for the rebuilding of the temple and the re-establishing of its "middle wall of partition" so that the Jew can rule over saved living Gentile nations -- who will be on the lowest level. And while doing that, they want to repair the temple veil that God tore at the crucifixion of Christ. In longing for such, they desire a repeal of the new covenant and the return of the sacrificial system, which has been fulfilled in Christ (read Hebrews). (Oddly, during the millennial reign the lamb will lie down with the lion, but a priest will come by and snatch up the lamb to offer as a sacrifice, apparently while petting the lion.)

Dispensationalism is inherently racist, as well as retrogressive. No wonder some dispensationalists are rebelling against the system with their "progressive" dispensationalism! All power to the new dispensationalists, who are dismantling their own system because of its abuses of Scripture.

These and many other such systemic problems are dealt with in my third edition of He Shall Have Dominion, which NiceneCouncil.com's publishing arm (ApologeticsMedia) just released. Many of these types of problems will be focused on in volume 2 of The Late Great Planet Church. Stay tuned.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do some people equate Zionism is a form of racism?

Cause they have been blinded by the devil in to cursing God's chosen people.

I am a faithful Christian and that is not my belief.

You should study your Bible and learn that the gifts and callings of God are without repentance... He will never forsake Israel and the only reason they have had so much trouble is due to not recognizing Jesus as the promised Messiah.

Learn God's Word and agree with Him... or be in opposition to Him and face the consequences of reaping what you sow.

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Dispensationalism's Inherent Racism
by Ken Gentry, Th.D., Director, NiceneCouncil.com

Built within the very foundation of dispensationalism is racism. The dispensational system sets apart the Jewish race for special favors during the millennium. Note some of their radical statements regarding the exaltation of the Jews in the millennium:

"Israel, regathered and turned to the Lord in salvation, will be exalted, blessed, and favored through this period." (Ryrie, Basis of the Premillennial Faith, 149.)

"The Gentiles will be Israel’s servants during that age. . . . The nations which usurped authority over Israel in past ages find that downtrodden people exalted and themselves in subjection in their kingdom. And these are not unsaved Gentiles: The Gentiles that are in the millennium will have experienced conversion prior to admission." (Pentecost, Things to Come, 508.)

"The redeemed living nation of Israel, regenerated and regathered to the land will be head over all the nations of the earth. . . . So he exalts them above the Gentile nations. . . . On the lowest level there are the saved, living, Gentile nations." (Hoyt, "Dispensational Premillennialism," in Clouse, Meaning of the Millennium, 81.)

"God will keep his original promises to the fathers and will one day convert and place Israel as the head of the nations." (House and Ice, Dominion Theology, 175.)

"Israel will be a glorious nation, protected from her enemies, exalted above the Gentiles. . . . In contrast to the present church age in which Jew and Gentile are on an equal plane of privilege, the millennium is clearly a period of time in which Israel is in prominence and blessing. . . . Israel as a nation will be exalted." (Walvoord, Millennial Kingdom, 136.)

"In the millennium Israel as a nation will rule over the Gentiles." (Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum, in Popular Encyclopedia of Biblical Prophecy, 201.)

This doctrine regarding the ultimate goal of history is astounding for many reasons. I will just cite two.

First, dispensationalism contradicts the revelation of God in the OT. In a passage dealing with the glorious kingdom of Christ (which in dispensationalism would be the millennium), God absolutely destroys this concept of the exaltation of the Jewish race:

"In that day there will be a highway from Egypt to Assyria, and the Assyrians will come into Egypt and the Egyptians into Assyria, and the Egyptians will worship with the Assyrians. In that day Israel will be the third party with Egypt and Assyria, a blessing in the midst of the earth, whom the Lord of hosts has blessed, saying, 'Blessed is Egypt My people, and Assyria the work of My hands, and Israel My inheritance.'" (Isaiah 19:23-25)

Nothing in this passage allows for an exaltation of the Jew above the Gentile. It speaks of absolute, redemptive equality.

Second, dispensationalism contradicts the revelation of God in the NT. According to Paul, Jew and Gentile have been united in one body, with the "middle wall of partition" being broken down (Eph 2:11-19). Nothing in the Ephesians 2 passage appears to be temporary. This union of Jew and Gentile in one is, in fact, the goal of God's redemption in history. Paul repeatedly declares that in Christ there is neither Jew nor Greek, for we are all one in him (Rom 10:12; Gal 3:28; Col 3:11).

Dispensationalists long for the rebuilding of the temple and the re-establishing of its "middle wall of partition" so that the Jew can rule over saved living Gentile nations -- who will be on the lowest level. And while doing that, they want to repair the temple veil that God tore at the crucifixion of Christ. In longing for such, they desire a repeal of the new covenant and the return of the sacrificial system, which has been fulfilled in Christ (read Hebrews). (Oddly, during the millennial reign the lamb will lie down with the lion, but a priest will come by and snatch up the lamb to offer as a sacrifice, apparently while petting the lion.)

Dispensationalism is inherently racist, as well as retrogressive. No wonder some dispensationalists are rebelling against the system with their "progressive" dispensationalism! All power to the new dispensationalists, who are dismantling their own system because of its abuses of Scripture.

These and many other such systemic problems are dealt with in my third edition of He Shall Have Dominion, which NiceneCouncil.com's publishing arm (ApologeticsMedia) just released. Many of these types of problems will be focused on in volume 2 of The Late Great Planet Church. Stay tuned.
That's a really broad range of quotes, all made by people who don't believe each other to be true. So not sure how you've come to the conclusion you have except by pulling them all together in a manner they were never intended to mesh. Odd.

Upvote 0

Lavendar Frog

Life Is Easy When You're Purple
Jul 21, 2015
✟1,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why do some people equate Zionism is a form of racism? Why do they wish that Israel exists or at least believe the Jews don't have the right to have a nation of their own? I personally don't agree with this mind you. It is a fulfillment of Bible prophecy and I don't believe that the Arab Palestinians are like the Native Americans, whose land was truly stolen from them.
Firstly, I wouldn't bring north American tribal people into this discussion. There's no comparison to be had.

As to the OP question, I'd say those who argue Zionism is a form of racism quite possibly don't know what Zionism entails. Or are racists themselves.
I would also say that the Jews in Israel are not non-aggressive. The media portrays a slant to the stories that occur between Israel and Palestine. However, anyone who has been to Israel will very often have the opportunity to see the real story unfold.

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bottom line... God SWORE BY HIMSELF to be the God of Abraham and his descendants (all of the tribes of the Israelites commonly called the Jews)

So some apparently believe God is a liar and has decided to no longer honor His promise. The land in Israel is God's Land and Jesus will rule from there so some folks are going to be shocked to find themselves in hell someday for living in opposition to the Lord God Almighty!

Ain't gonna be nuthin nice :help:

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟32,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It is possible to acknowledge that the Jews were and are chosen, and that the land should belong to them, and also acknowledge that current day Israel is an apostate state that does not acknowledge nor honor God and that they sometimes behave badly.

On the whole I support Israel because they are our natural, cultural ally. It is also clear that the muslim forces arrayed against them are bent on their destruction under all circumstances, so they don't have much room to maneuver. However, Israel has done things wrong, and the religious Jews in Israel have done things wrong. In particular they have a consistent track record of mistreating Christians, up to and including perpetrating terrorist attacks on Christians in Israel.

Upvote 0

Farm Truck

Custom Title:
Jul 19, 2015
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
None of that changes the FACT that they are the descendants of Abraham and God has sworn that He will bless them even in spite of their rejecting Jesus Christ as their Messiah.

Bottom line here is God Almighty has stated that those who seek to destroy Israel will be destroyed as He has promised to curse those that curse Israel.

Whether you like or not, and whether you agree with it or not... God is not a liar and He personally will deal with Israel in His way and in His time. They do not belong to you or I, they belong to God and it's none of our business how God deals with them.

Remember, the gospel of Jesus Christ is to the Jew first, and then to the gentiles.

The Lord has brought them back as a nation and has protected them against all odds so that some of them can be saved and many, many Jews have and are accepting Jesus as their Messiah.

So, those that want to support the muzlims in their fight against the Jews are worthy of death and will find such for eternity unless they repent, receive the cleansing of the Blood of Jesus and turn away from the wickedness in their heart towards those God is in Covenant with... even as many of them do not honor the Covenant with God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,365.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Are we talking about Jews who follow the religion of Judaism or are we talking about the Jews as in relation to the race of people who are descendants of the 12 tribes of Israel?

They are not the same.

That's one of the reasons I find this topic confusing. Another piece that is confusing is that the Jewish race inherits their Jewishness (I don't know a better word, sorry) from their mother only. So if a person's mother is of the Jewish race, so are her children. A father has no such rights, it's all on the mother.

Anyone know why?

Who are the people that God is protecting? The religion of Judaism or the descendants of Israel?

I know there is a big thing to get people to submit DNA so people can try to tie themselves to the 12 Tribes, it is all so confusing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums