Zinc poisoning the denture wearing oldsters.

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Today a guy was looking for the zinc free denture cream. We checked an it is manufacturer back order until 2015. Until then our friend has a choice between products that carry a warning.

Zinc Poisoning Linked to Popular Denture Creams

Since they use more of the zinc cream for poorly fitting dentures, perhaps the powers that be are looking to decrease the number of people who can't afford good fitting dentures by leading them to get zinc poisoning.

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Today a guy was looking for the zinc free denture cream. We checked an it is manufacturer back order until 2015. Until then our friend has a choice between products that carry a warning.

Zinc Poisoning Linked to Popular Denture Creams

Since they use more of the zinc cream for poorly fitting dentures, perhaps the powers that be are looking to decrease the number of people who can't afford good fitting dentures by leading them to get zinc poisoning.

I have a friend who's one of the powers that be. He says yeah you're right.

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I have a friend who's one of the powers that be. He says yeah you're right.

----

Its like the Michael Keaton Batman where people started falling over dead because the Joker poisoned regular products people use. It makes sense in a jaded psychopath sort of way. Sort of like bombing/invading Afghanistan when some Saudi nationals committed terrorism on American soil, or when we bombed Syria because a terrorist group is causing mayhem in Iraq.

Sneaky ways to accomplish secret goals without being honest about it.

We could talk about the cash for clunkers program that was used to get rid of cars that the cops can't track.

Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Autumn. You should probably leave. THEY are watching. And THEY are coming to get you.

obama-illuminati-1024x576.jpg

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
----

Its like the Michael Keaton Batman where people started falling over dead because the Joker poisoned regular products people use. It makes sense in a jaded psychopath sort of way. Sort of like bombing/invading Afghanistan when some Saudi nationals committed terrorism on American soil, or when we bombed Syria because a terrorist group is causing mayhem in Iraq.

Sneaky ways to accomplish secret goals without being honest about it.

We could talk about the cash for clunkers program that was used to get rid of cars that the cops can't track.

You used to be more fun, Autumn. Lately, you're starting to scare me. :o

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
You used to be more fun, Autumn. Lately, you're starting to scare me. :o

Its a legitimate concern someone brought to my attention. Why would one of the biggest places for old people to buy this stuff only stock the zinc warning kind. Poor people do tend to have crappy fitting dentures so they have to use more of this stuff. It makes sense.

I could be wrong though. People smarter than me are making sure its safe for everyone in the good ole US of A.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟867,564.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Its a legitimate concern someone brought to my attention.

I in no way intended to imply that any of your multitude of concerns could be anything less than 100% legitimate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

It's a bit more like someone designed an adhesive glue for inside your mouth that is toxic if you overuse it.

Tell your friend to use this instead:
http://www.drugstore.com/effergrip-extra-strong-denture-adhesive-cream-zinc-free/qxp338674

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Angelquill

Bard of Angels
Jul 20, 2014
Following a Jewish carpenter...
✟2,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I have a neighbor who is sure that the government is spying on people through their satellite dishes...she is also sure that certain insects...like dragon flies for instance...are fitted with tiny cameras and listening devices...

She's a blast at backyard barbeques....

Upvote 0