Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's the Orlando Sentinel's motion against it.

Now, why would the prosecutor be doing something like that?
I thought it was the judge not the prosecutor who put the gag order in place.

Hmm.

It wouldn't be because there's things they don't want to see the light of day, would it?
I suppose it is to forestall a mistrial on account of prejudicing potential jurors.

I think everything will eventually see the light of day, either in the books to be written or in the movies of the week at will follow the trial, if there is one.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

Es braust unser Panzer im Sturmwind dahin.
May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
ugh. Is this going to be a free zimmerman thread?

I certainly hope he gets freed. No one deserves to go to prison for self defense against a violent thug.

Shouldn't this be in Current Events? I'd hope that this situation would be apolitical.

If Obama had a son, he'd look a lot like Trayvon Martin.

I thought it was the judge not the prosecutor who put the gag order in place.

Yeah. I should have worded my title better.

I suppose it is to forestall a mistrial on account of prejudicing potential jurors.

So then, how come they haven't done the same thing for the prosecutor...or for the media circus that the family has created.

Upvote 0

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
I certainly hope he gets freed. No one deserves to go to prison for self defense against a violent thug.

Right. Because, I have all the Right to Stalk you in the middle of the night, Chase you through the Neighborhood and pull a gun on you and if you try to defend yourself, I have all the right to Shoot you and call it Self-defense.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Right. Because, I have all the Right to Stalk you in the middle of the night, Chase you through the Neighborhood and pull a gun on you and if you try to defend yourself, I have all the right to Shoot you and call it Self-defense.

There are tons of cases like this. And more often than not, the shooter gets away with it.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Zimmerman didn't pull his gun until Martin was on top of him beating him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DrkSdBls

Feb 19, 2006
✟2,298.00
Faith
Seeker
Zimmerman didn't pull his gun until Martin was on top of him beating him.

Says the shooter.

But Even if that was true, that doesn't excuse the fact Zimmerman still Stalked and Threatened Martin through intimidation. Martin had every Right to confront Zimmerman and, if he felt his life was in danger by this strange man chasing him through the back alleys of a neighborhood he had every right to be in, then yes Martin had every right to defend himself from a perceived threat.

Zimmerman was the Aggressor under any rule of Law and deserves to spend the next 30 to 50 years in Jail.

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And the problem with shooting someone looting a neighbor's house is what again?

The problem is going out of your way to shoot people who have not threatened you at all.

The problem is following someone with a gun in your pocket and forcing a confrontation for no reason other than "they are suspiciously black."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Says the shooter.

But Even if that was true, that doesn't excuse the fact Zimmerman still Stalked and Threatened Martin through intimidation. Martin had every Right to confront Zimmerman and, if he felt his life was in danger by this strange man chasing him through the back alleys of a neighborhood he had every right to be in, then yes Martin had every right to defend himself from a perceived threat.

Zimmerman was the Aggressor under any rule of Law and deserves to spend the next 30 to 50 years in Jail.

At nine years old, Martin was strong enough and cool headed enough to drag his dad away from a fire.

When did he turn into a young man that is so scared of a fat, older looking white guy that he can't even think to use the cell phone that he has to call the cops?

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
At nine years old, Martin was strong enough and cool headed enough to drag his dad away from a fire.

When did he turn into a young man that is so scared of a fat, older looking white guy that he can't even think to use the cell phone that he has to call the cops?

I think having a gun in play tends to make people just a bit more reactionary, wouldn't you think? There is no excuse you can make for Zimmerman stalking him. none.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem is going out of your way to shoot people who have not threatened you at all.

I'll look at some of those stories that you posted:

Hmm. If those people would not have done a little thing like COMMIT BURGLARY he probably would not have shot them.

I don't see any difference between a person that steals a TV, a person that holds a gun on someone to steal money to get a TV, or a person that forces someone to work for the amount of time that it took to get a TV.

In the Kaufman county case, they referred it to a grand jury. And the grand jury indicted.

Why not do that in this case?

The problem is following someone with a gun in your pocket and forcing a confrontation for no reason other than "they are suspiciously black."

How did Zimmerman "force" a confrontation. He didn't force Martin to beat him, did he?

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think having a gun in play tends to make people just a bit more reactionary, wouldn't you think? There is no excuse you can make for Zimmerman stalking him. none.

Zimmerman didn't draw his gun until Martin was on top of him, beating him.

Did Zimmerman violate any laws?

There is no excuse you can make for Martin viciously attacking some random stranger on a street where the stranger has a right to be.

Upvote 0

Panzerkamfwagen

May 19, 2015
✟19,002.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Says the shooter.

And according to the lead investigator, the police don't have any evidence that contradicts his account.

Upvote 0