✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You evade my question.

Since you are much more familiar with the case all I ask that you proffer is what the judge said in revoking bond. Simple request, simple answer.
Yes I do, and here's the quote:

"It is apparent that [Shellie] Zimmerman testified untruthfully at the bond hearing," the judge writes in his order. "The Defendant also testified, but did not alert the Court to the misinformation."

In other words, Zimmerman told no lie, he just didn't alert the court to misinformation.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, he's just had his bond revoked because of his role in trying to conceal his assets. There's no need to pile on another charge. His wife is a different matter because she had no charges, so a perjury charge was the only way to punish her directly. She will have her day in court unless she pleads to it.
In other words, he didn't get charged with perjury because he didn't commit perjury. :wave:

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

"It is apparent that [Shellie] Zimmerman testified untruthfully at the bond hearing," the judge writes in his order. "The Defendant also testified, but did not alert the Court to the misinformation."

In other words, Zimmerman told no lie, he just didn't alert the court to misinformation.

Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
So if you disagree with the judge's assessment, point us to the perjury. Explain to us why the prosecutor didn't file charges. Recall as well that he is not required to answer questions that are not asked

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Zim is an accessory to perjury.
First time I've ever heard of that. I believe the actual crime would be called suborning perjury. Please provide evidence of such

I find it amusing that people are trying to defend Zim on this issue! I understand defending the murder rap, although this one is an open and shut case. Some have passed the point of being a Zim defender to being a Zimbot.
He's being defended because it was thrown in here as a red herring to distract from the results of his lie detector test, which indicate that he broke no law and had every right to defend himself against Trayvon Martin

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

I'll let you look up the term "lying by omission" on your own.

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟20,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll let you look up the term "lying by omission" on your own.

I learned long ago to only answer the questions that are asked and the scope they were asked. Just because the prosecution did not ask a question like "What funds do you have access to and where did it come from?" then they have nothing to stand on. It is incumbent on the prosecution to pull out all the information to support their case. The defendent does not have a duty to shoot himself in the foot.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
I learned long ago to only answer the questions that are asked and the scope they were asked. Just because the prosecution did not ask a question like "What funds do you have access to and where did it come from?" then they have nothing to stand on. It is incumbent on the prosecution to pull out all the information to support their case. The defendent does not have a duty to shoot himself in the foot.
In other words to lie by omission. And yes, I can see how that would be in his or your best interest.

Upvote 0

athenken

Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟20,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In other words to lie by omission. And yes, I can see how that would be in his or your best interest.

Have you ever been in a position where you were either being audited or being deposed? It behooves you to only answer the questions that were asked unless instructed to do otherwise.

Upvote 0

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission_(criminal_law)

Failure to act upon a duty or responsibility. It is your duty to tell the entire truth while under oath. With holding information while under oath is going against your legal duty and responsibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

athenken

Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟20,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission_(criminal_law)

Failure to act upon a duty or responsibility. It is your duty to tell the entire truth while under oath. With holding information while under oath is going against your legal duty and responsibility.

Granted, though this only speaks to proving information that is directly relavent to the question that was asked. It does say you are also supposed to go on telling your whole life story just because you are a long-winded person.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0