Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
George Zimmerman Passed Police Lie Detector Test Day After Trayvon Martin Killing

"Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”

This will shock some of our friends who have been claiming Zimmerman is guilty

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

"Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”​

This will shock some of our friends who have been claiming Zimmerman is guilty​
Let me be the first to say that lie detectors are "inconclusive".

Upvote 0

athenken

Barbary pirates? Or are they?
Nov 30, 2011
West Texas
✟20,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let me be the first to say that lie detectors are "inconclusive".

Let me be the second to say they are "inconclusive". It is well known that there are ways to beat a lie detector.

Also, it is most likely because he is an andriod. So there is that, which is nice.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

"Along with questions about whether his first name was George and if it was Monday, Zimmerman was asked, “Did you confront the guy you shot?’ He answered, “No.” He was also asked, “Were you in fear for your life, when you shot the guy.” Zimmerman replied, “Yes.”​

This will shock some of our friends who have been claiming Zimmerman is guilty​
After reading the article, I am intrigued by this:
Before the CVSA test, Zimmerman--who was apparently not accompanied by legal counsel--signed a Sanford Police Department release stating that he was undergoing the examination “voluntarily, without duress, coercion, threat or promise.”
With no coaching and without legal counsel, at a time when he was in emotional turmoil, he voluntarily submitted to the test. To me, that says more than the actual results of the lie detector test.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After reading the article, I am intrigued by this:
Before the CVSA test, Zimmerman--who was apparently not accompanied by legal counsel--signed a Sanford Police Department release stating that he was undergoing the examination “voluntarily, without duress, coercion, threat or promise.”
With no coaching and without legal counsel, at a time when he was in emotional turmoil, he voluntarily submitted to the test. To me, that says more than the actual results of the lie detector test.
It's just one more piece of exculpatory evidence as opposed to none that incriminates.

Upvote 0
I

IAmCatwoman

Doesn't mean anything. Tricking lie detectors is incredibly easy. A quick Internet search gives you tips:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cheat-a-Polygraph-Test-(Lie-Detector)

Whatsmore, it's very easy for an innocent person to FAIL a polygraph test. It really doesn't test if you're lying so much as it does test you ability to withstand questioning...

The fact that he volunteered without legal council doesn't say much either - if you support him, you'll read it as him being responsive and cooperative (I have no idea WHY you would see it that way though since even if he were doing that, it's just to win points back for the perjury). If you don't support him, you see it as him knowing he could beat it and trying to give himself a leg up.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't mean anything. Tricking lie detectors is incredibly easy. A quick Internet search gives you tips:

http://www.wikihow.com/Cheat-a-Polygraph-Test-(Lie-Detector)

Whatsmore, it's very easy for an innocent person to FAIL a polygraph test. It really doesn't test if you're lying so much as it does test you ability to withstand questioning...

The fact that he volunteered without legal council doesn't say much either - if you support him, you'll read it as him being responsive and cooperative (I have no idea WHY you would see it that way though since even if he were doing that, it's just to win points back for the perjury). If you don't support him, you see it as him knowing he could beat it and trying to give himself a leg up.
Your link didn't provide any tips on how to trick a lie detector test :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It doesnt shock me very much. We do know however, that zimmerman has outright lied and intended to steal. That says a lot more about his character imo. Dont they have more reliable MRI style detectors for this now?
Actually, we don't know that

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Touma

Feb 19, 2007
Virginia
✟19,033.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Also release today with this lie detector thing:

After reviewing the evidence and interviewing Zimmerman, the police detective concluded that Zimmerman's actions were "inconsistent" with someone who was afraid of Martin, and that Zimmerman had several chances to end the encounter without violence.

"Investigative findings show that Zimmerman admitted avoiding a confrontation with Martin while Zimmerman was observing Martin from his vehicle, because, as he told investigators, was afraid of Martin," Det. Chris Serino wrote. "Later in the encounter, Zimmerman exited his vehicle, in spite of his earlier admission to investigators that he was afraid of Martin, and followed Martin in an effort to maintain surveillance of him while Zimmerman awaited the arrival of law enforcement officers. His actions are inconsistent with those of a person who has stated he was in fear of another subject.

The encounter between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin was ultimately avoidable by Zimmerman, if Zimmerman had remained in his vehicle and awaited the arrival of law enforcement, or conversely if he had identified himself to Martin as a concerned citizen and initiated dialog in an effort to dispel each party's concern. There is no indication that Trayvon Martin was involved in any criminal activity at the time of the encounter. Zimmerman, by his statements made to the call taker and recorded for review, and his statements made to investigators following the shooting death of Martin, made it clear that he had already reached a faulty conclusion as to Martin's purpose for being in the neighborhood."

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, we pretty much do Mach. The trial for that ain't over but there is absolutely no one doubting at this point that he lied about it.
Really? Why do you suppose his wife was arrested for allegedly lying, yet he wasn't.?

Upvote 0

BleedingHeart

Feb 1, 2011
Grand Blanc, Michigan
✟2,049.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, but don't you understand Touma? The Martin was a thug! A THUG I SAY! He popped out from the bushes. Like a.....deku scrub.

images

Upvote 0