Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Zimmerman's wife arrested, accused of perjury - CNN.com

Can you believe it?
It seems to me that the prosecution is going all out to force George Zimmerman into plea deal.
Yes, I can believe it, because I doubt they can win at trial, on the Murder II or the Manslaughter charge. I think they probably know that.

p.s. If she is found guilty on this the husband can be charged for 'subornation of perjury' which carries about 5 years.
In uttering these little words, one goes to jail.
For these lies told in court, they deserve to be charged and convicted. Doubtful they'll get jail time, though, given neither has a previous felony conviction.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So first the DA pulls the political stunt -- then failing that decides to jail somebody for not telling them how much money came in through internet donations to help out with the defense needed to resist the badgering tactics employed??

And that is supposed to "make sense"??

Who is actually falling for this stuff??

The DA seems to be doing everything in her power to ruin her own career.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
On June 1, Seminole County Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. ordered Zimmerman back to jail, accusing the suspect of not being truthful about how much money he had access to when his bond was set.

Here is where someone in government needs to step in and do the right thing. This trial goes from ridiculous to wildly ridiculous. What kind of game is it they are playing down there? Don't they know this is an election year?

America calls "shenanigans" on that whole thing!

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This is just such a sad case. There was absolutely no reason that he should have been following Trayvon in the first place. There does need to be some kind of justice.
So, just let a suspicious character run freely through your neighborhood and don't do anything, huh? A call to 9-1-1 from the inside of the truck isn't worth much of if you can't tell the police what the guy looks like or where he went, no does it?

Here's the bottom line: If Martin had nothing to fear from Zimmerman or the police, why confront Zimmerman in the first place? Dad painted his kid as an angel, then it turns out he's got an impressive little police record for a 17-year-old. If Martin was afraid or concerned at being followed by a stranger, why not make his own 9-1-1 call? Why not beat-feet it back to his girlfriend's apartment and be done with it? Why double back, confront and attack Zimmerman?

Zimmerman blew it by carrying a gun in his capacity as neighborhood watch captain, but by the same token, he'd bought the gun for personal protection, and has a concealed carry permit. So , though he used bad judgment relative to his position in neighborhood watch, he wasn't really on duty that night anyway. He responded as a citizen seeing suspicious activity, and the fact that he was attacked gives him the right to defend himself with deadly force. He and Martin both used poor judgment, in my opinion, but Zimmerman is not guilty of manslaughter. That's a knee-jerk politically correct, public relations reaction by the prosecutor in an election year, not a valid charge. It's a charge for which Zimmerman will be acquitted.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Martin was a suspicious person for being black and wearing a hoodie. Zimmerman followed Martin in his vehicle making the 9-11 call and gave a description prior to dismounting his vehicle. Zimmerman told original detective that he was in fear....prior to dismounting his vehicle....doesn't make any sense does it? That is one reason the original detective wanted to charge Zimmerman which was over ruled by supervisors and local assistant DA.

How in the heck could Martin go to girlfriend's house when she lived several hundred miles away in the Miami area? Mom & Dad, the Martin's, have every right , expectedly so, to stand up for their son. My son had a record at age 17, so what? He turned out fine. Pass events in a young life does not accurately predict future actions. If it did, the cop's could use the 'mind reading' charge and place all juvenile offenders in jail when they reach adulthood for they are expected to commit a future crime.

Zimmerman should have been charged initially, day or two after the incident for manslaughter. It took civic leaders to bring pressure for a full unbiased investigation.
No matter what one thinks of Sharpton/Jackson show, they were successful. It's the radical's, new black panthers, that polluted the lawful civic protest by injecting racism and other vulgar behavior.

I do not agree with prosecutor's charging Mrs. Zimmerman. I have seen worst fib's in court that were never charged. Because Q&A communication is very subjective, in that the court has no idea of what is in the mind of Mrs. Zimmerman when she gave her answer. If anything, the court & prosecutor could have simply reconvened, revisited the bond issue, and further examine Mrs. Zimmerman's answers more fully in detail. Giving Mrs. Zimmerman much latitude in answering.
This charge is used to place pressure on Mr. Zimmerman, leverage works in inducing a plea deal, however, it seems to have back-fired, and when that happens leverage of public opinion swings to support the Zimmerman's because no one likes government using force (coercion) to achieve it's goal on regular, common, citizens.
If Mrs Romney or equivalent, (an affluent women), was in question here, does anyone believe that she would be arrested and go through the 'perp walk' in handcuffs and booking process? Absolutely Not!

Upvote 0

LekryceMack

Jun 7, 2012
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have not looked into this have you. Zimmerman seems to have been attacked by the thug after he starteded back to his truck. This thug had it seems been tossed out of his high school three time this year.

He seems to have been busted at school with stolen jewelry and a bugraly tool plus pot bag one time.

This thugs mom could not keep him in line so she sent him to his dad as he had been kicked out of high school again. Dad also failed to keep him in line as he was out looking for places to rob as his pot business was shut down as it was in at his high school.

Evil thug was [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed that someone was watching him and it was going to be harder to break into peoples homes so he attacked the man when he turned his back to go back to his truck. Thug was more than likely on drugs when he attacked the man as Zimmerman said this right from the start.

Who are you to judge and call the guy a thug? Cmon now. I don't really know all the details about the kid but i'll tell one thing. That gives no reason to go and shoot the guy. "Thou shall not murder". God gives us the commandants for our own GOOD. Not just ''rules" to follow. Look what Zimmermans going through. Bless his soul because this man must seriously be going through a hard pit. As far as the "thug" you portray...unless you know the kid i suggest you chill with comments like that. As a christian. I mean really. "harder for him to break into ppls homes"...really? Relax my friend. Because last i checked nobody gave us his profile and ''criminal thug life style". And even if so who are to judge like that? I could mess around call you a fake man of Christ or a no good arrogant racist with a tamned tongue (not that i think any of those) but i don't.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who are you to judge and call the guy a thug? Cmon now. I don't really know all the details about the kid but i'll tell one thing. That gives no reason to go and shoot the guy.
Let's lay you down on the ground and let a guy half your age pummel you mercilessly, slamming your head into the pavement while sitting on your chest, and see if you won't take drastic, even deadly, action, to get him off you.
"Thou shall not murder". God gives us the commandants for our own GOOD. Not just ''rules" to follow. Look what Zimmermans going through. Bless his soul because this man must seriously be going through a hard pit.
One, self-defense doesn't constitute murder. If Zimmerman showed any poor judgment, it was not knowing where the kid went after he last saw him and letting him confront him face to face while looking for him. Martin didn't have to attack. He could have asked why Zimmerman was following him. And if you think Martin was reasonably afraid for his safety or his life and was justified in attacking Zimmerman, then you have to give Zimmerman the same benefit in defending himself.
As far as the "thug" you portray...unless you know the kid i suggest you chill with comments like that. As a christian. I mean really. "harder for him to break into ppls homes"...really? Relax my friend. Because last i checked nobody gave us his profile and ''criminal thug life style".
No, but that's the criminal history Martin's hometown police department release regarding him after media inquiries. He was not a sweet, young Christian man. He was, in fact, a thug.
And even if so who are to judge like that? I could mess around call you a fake man of Christ or a no good arrogant racist with a tamned tongue (not that i think any of those) but i don't.
Technically, you didn't, but you still had to tell us you could, didn't you? What's up with that. That's like saying, "I could call you [choose any four letter word] but I won't." Well, you just did. So perhaps you owe him an apology.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

Let's lay you down on the ground and let a guy half your age pummel you mercilessly, slamming your head into the pavement while sitting on your chest, and see if you won't take drastic, even deadly, action, to get him off you.One, self-defense doesn't constitute murder.
That wouldn't be any fun, but yet, "W" & Cheney say torture is lawful.

Slamming head into pavement would make a concussion at least, brain damaged at most. Are you sure this isn't an exaggeration? Zimmerman had neither, just several small cuts on back of head, right?
Also, I wouldn't have placed myself in that situation....hint; stay in the truck Zimmerman.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

George Zimmerman a 'busybody' but not racist, FBI report concludes | World news | guardian.co.uk
Zimmerman a Busybody....FBI reports.

Transcripts show Zimmerman once reported to police that children were playing and running into the street

Zimmerman, Serino said, possessed a "little hero complex" and was "overzealous" but he was not a racist.

This is good news for Zimmerman, next year sometime the trial begins. I wonder what tricks the prosecutors has up their sleeve to play prior to trial.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So, just let a suspicious character run freely through your neighborhood and don't do anything,

Here's the bottom line: If Martin had nothing to fear from Zimmerman or the police, why confront Zimmerman in the first place?

How was he suspicious? All I've read is he was a teen walking at night.

He was being followed by zimmerman. He could cower, try to run, or stand his ground and fight, which he apparently did.
If zimmerman hadn't followed him, and had just shot him on site for being suspicious, it would be just as wrong, albeit tougher for his defense guys to weasel out of.

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

"I feel that it was all God's plan, and for me to second guess it or judge it," Zimmerman shook his head.

Read more: Zimmerman says he's sorry Trayvon Martin's family had to bury their child; family calls apology insincere | Fox News

This guy Zimmerman has gone and lost his mind...saying it was God's Plan!

He should have said that voices in his head ordered him to kill Martin. Maybe he could swing a crazy-in-the-head defense. But no, he put's blame on God taking it out of Zimmerman's control and responsibility.

Upvote 0

ulu

Sep 15, 2005
underground
✟12,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I simply really don't know what God George Zimmerman is worshipping because there's no way that the God that I serve had in his plans for George Zimmerman to murder my son," Tracy Martin, the teen's dad told CBS News.

Apparently Martin's family can see through zimmerman's coached BS.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I thought Zimmerman did well on Hannity last night.
So did I. Some people will want to hang him simply because he isn't black but his assailant was.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

IisJustMe

Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
WHy does it seem like right wingers are on ZImmerman's side and left wingers are on Martin's side? I'm a total left winger and I'm on MArtin's side.......weird:confused:
I think the question answers itself, but that's just me.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I think the question answers itself, but that's just me.

WOuld you be willing to enlighten me? I mean about the why? For real though not a over stereotype version

Upvote 0
L

Lovely Lane

It must be a gun thing to those who absolutely support stand your ground law and can't afford to lose another SYG case in court as some cases have. Putting the SYG law in jeopardy of being repealed. That's all it is and that it was in God's Plan to have Martin killed, (according to Zimmerman).

p.s... btw; America isn't in distress, ( members signature),it is the GOP party that is distressed, obsolete and meaningless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.