Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Interestingly, the guy said he had a deeper insight into his Christian faith now, after studying Zen meditation for so long.
I have to be honest, I have some doubts about these two people being sincere Christians, who "love" God.
But I'm hoping all will be revealed one day. That such people are vindicated. It takes courage to take their stance. Its a lonelier road.
It makes me wonder that studying Christian theology reinforces our "rational" Western linear mind. Whereas Buddhism encourages a different part of our brain to evolve. Its almost the artistic part of us which is encouraged to blossom through Zen Buddhism.

Reactions: actionsub
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
^
She says that Pope Benedict stated he approved of people going outside their Catholic faith tradition for ideas to deepen their faith, as long as it didn't affect the integrity of Catholicism. I guess the word "integrity" can be used to mean different things.

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Of course the danger in all this is worshipping our own path.Worshipping our own uniqueness, our own insights. As if we are gurus who embrace two traditions. Writing our book and congratulating ourselves for being so broad-minded. :)

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,089,814.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What I see here is the need for Catholicism to become friendlier with other cultural traditions where it takes root--Africa, Asia, South America. Thank God Vatican 2 has opened up the door to this to some extent.

Perhaps that means Asian converts will pray differently from Americans. Don't we do other things differently, too?

In terms of this sister, by her works you will know her. Who gives her the strength to work with prisoners?

If her order hasn't admonished her, who are we to judge?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In terms of this sister, by her works you will know her. Who gives her the strength to work with prisoners?
I like that phrase and it can be applied to all of us on here. People aren't going to remember what our theology was or who we voted for in the last election. They are going to remember what we did and our attitude. Not that being remembered by others should become our goal either.

• Agree
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums