Not open for further replies.

Patmosman_sga

Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
When is one’s salvation complete? That is, when is one’s whole person—spirit, soul and body—wholly transformed into the image and likeness of God, so as to be fit for eternity in his presence? For most of us, it is not likely that we will see our salvation completed in this life. But that is not, ultimately, the “big question.” God will accomplish his plan for each one of us, for his Church, and for the whole creation in his time, according to his eternal will and purpose. We live in joyful expectation of being made complete in this life even if, in the end, that expectation is not fully realized until the life to come. Likewise, we look daily, and with great anticipation, for the coming of Christ, the parousia, when all creation will be restored and God’s kingdom fully consummated. But the real question is not, “When will all things be completed?” but, rather, “How will all things be completed?”

To this question, God has already provided his definitive answer.

The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. (Revelation 1:1a)

The Greek word "apocalypse," translated in the above verse as "revelation," means, literally, "unveiling." Therein lies the key difference between prophecy in the Old Testament and prophecy in the New Testament. In the Old Testament, prophecy was hidden, that is, "veiled." In the New Testament, prophecy is revealed, that is, "unveiled" in and through Jesus Christ.

Since we have such a hope, we are very bold, not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. But their minds were hardened. For to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted because only through Christ is it taken away. Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their hearts. But when one turns to the Lord, the veil is removed. Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit. (2 Corinthians 2:12-18)

In the Old Testament, the outcome of history was "sealed" until the time of its fulfillment (cf. Daniel 12:9). In the New Testament, specifically in Revelation, the "seals" are opened (Revelation 6:1-8:5) and John is specifically instructed, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near" (Revelation 22:10). In other words, the outcome of all of history, under the New Covenant, is an open book because, no matter when or where it is fulfilled, it is fulfilled in Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit to the glory of God the Father.

Salvation, then, is not complete until we are reformed in the perfect image and likeness of Christ, who is "the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation” (Colossians 1:15). Jesus says that in order to see his kingdom, we must be “born again” (John 3:3). To be "born again" is to be "born" after the manner of Christ himself, "not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but born of God" (John 1:13).

Unfortunately, many in the Church today believe that being "born again" is the be all and end all of Christian experience; that once we are "born again," our salvation is complete. But this is not consistent with biblical teaching. Peter writes, "Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart, since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God" (1 Peter 1:22-23). In other words, you have been born again. Now, grow up!

There are many who claim to be "born again," but precious few who truly want to "grow up.” Yet, Scripture is quite clear that this is precisely what is expected of us.

And he [Christ] gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16, ESV)

The picture Paul paints here is one of growing out of what might be called “spiritual childhood” or “spiritual adolescence” and into “mature manhood,” reflecting the image and likeness of Christ “in every way.” This is not, contrary to popular concepts, an instantaneous, one-time experience. Just as “growing up” physically is a life-long process, so, too, is “growing up” spiritually.

For each one of us, the experience of being “born again” varies. However, once we have made the initial decision to become a Christian, most of us probably go through what might be called the “fundamentalist stage” of spiritual development. At this early stage in our growth into Christ, we have to have the “fundamentals” or the “basics” spoon-fed to us. During this period, we tend to think of God and his plan of salvation in terms of abstract concepts. We crave the “mother’s milk” of the faith, the “five fundamentals” which lay its foundation: the inspiration of Scripture, the Virgin Birth, the vicarious atonement, the resurrection, and the second coming.

Yet, the more we become aware of the truth of God’s Word, the more we begin to realize just how far we have fallen from his favor. Ultimately, such a conceptual understanding of the faith only serves the same purpose as the Old Covenant law. It makes us acutely aware that we are sinners in need of a Redeemer who far transcends our attempts to pigeonhole him in a few “basic” tenets.

It is in coming to this point in our walk with Christ that we must make a very crucial decision to either go further or to fall back. If we choose to fall back, the path of rebellion, we will soon find ourselves either rejecting everything we have learned thus far or remaining trapped indefinitely in a state of spiritual adolescence, knowing the “fundamentals,” but being afraid to venture beyond our comfort zone.

If we choose to go further, however, we will, by yielding to the Spirit, be led into an understanding of the faith which is higher, deeper, and of greater substance than we could have ever imagined when we thought of it only in conceptual terms. Faith becomes more than a concept; it becomes a reality. Christianity becomes more than a religion; it becomes a Person, and that Person is the One who has been, all along the way, beckoning us, “Follow me.”

For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. For you were straying like sheep, but have now returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls. (1 Peter 2:21-25, ESV)

These words from Peter ought to bring great comfort to those who are truly “growing up” into Christ. For, as the Apostle makes clear, following Christ means following the path of suffering, enduring the scorn of the world. It is not an easy path, but it is the only path to true perfection.

[Continued]

Patmosman_sga

Jun 17, 2002
Georgia
Visit site
✟783.00
Faith
Protestant
[Continued]

If we choose instead to reject the “fundamentals” or remain static in our understanding of them, we will inevitably fall into any number of theological and doctrinal aberrations, all of which will make our faith less real and Christ more distant, even seemingly absent.

What is sadly lacking among most high profile Christian leaders today is precisely the kind of spiritual maturity which Peter, Paul and other New Testament writers said was an absolute prerequisite for exercising spiritual leadership. “Fundamentalists” chose at some point in their lives to remain in their comfortable “system” and not to venture further into life in Christ. “Liberals,” on the other hand, chose at some point to reject all they had learned about the faith. As a result of their respective decisions, neither “fundamentalists” nor “liberals” have the strength “to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that [they] may be filled with all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:!8-19).

The embarrassing public squabbles which often erupt whenever representatives from these two groups appear on television is to be expected when two overgrown adolescents are put in the same room. They start fighting over who gets to play with the toys. They scream at each other, hurl insults, and call each other names until the “parents” come in and take the toys away from both of them. The writer of Hebrews indeed has “much to say” about this sorry state of affairs among Christian “leaders.”

About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. [12] For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, [13] for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righ teousness, since he is a child. [14] But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.
[6:1] Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, [2] and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. [3] And this we will do if God permits. [4] For it is impossible to restore again to repentance those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, [5] and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, [6] if they then fall away, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt. [7] For land that has drunk the rain that often falls on it, and produces a crop useful to those for whose sake it is cultivated, receives a blessing from God. [8] But if it bears thorns and thistles, it is worthless and near to being cursed, and its end is to be burned. (Hebrews 5:11-6:8, ESV)

Note what is included in “the elementary doctrine of Christ.” Such “fundamentals” as “the resurrection of the dead” and “eternal judgment,” not to mention some other rather important ideas, such as “repentance” and “faith toward God.” What the writer is saying is that “grown up” believers do not need to keep being reminded of how important such doctrines are. They are the building blocks of the faith, but once the foundation is laid, it must be built upon. This does not mean that we “outgrow” the basics but, rather, that we grow in our understanding of them and, thus, begin to comprehend the deeper reality of life in Christ. Peter echoes this same truth.

So put away all malice and all deceit and hypocrisy and envy and all slander. [2] Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up to salvation— [3] if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
[4] As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious, [5] you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. (1 Peter 2:1-5, ESV)

Paul also adds his agreement.

So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, [20] built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Christ Jesus himself being the cornerstone, [21] in whom the whole structure, being joined together, grows into a holy temple in the Lord. [22] In him you also are being built together into a dwelling place for God by the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:19-22, ESV)

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, [7] rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7, ESV)

What, then, is the end result of a decision to “go deeper” and “grow up” into Christ? Paul's expression of Christian maturity can only be made by someone who has long since passed the early stages of being "born again.”

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:19b-20)

If being "born again" is the entry point into life in Christ, then dying with Christ is the passageway into a deeper experience of union with him. For only if we share in Christ's suffering and death will we also share with him in his resurrection. As Paul says elsewhere:

For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith--that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. (Philippians 3:8b-11)

Paul sees "the resurrection from the dead" as the end, that is, the outcome, of his relationship with Christ--a relationship in which Paul shares in every aspect of Christ's salvific work, from being born of the Spirit to suffering the scorn of the world, to being
nailed to the cross and, finally, being raised from the dead. Even Paul could not, or would not, claim to have been made whole in this experience at the time he wrote to the Philippians:

Not that I have already obtained this nor am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. Only let us hold true to what we have attained. (Philippians 3:12-16)

But how is this relationship brought to completion? The Bible tells the story of God's relationship with humankind through the establishment of two covenants: the covenant of the law and the covenant of grace. The covenant of grace is the superior covenant and is, in fact, the eternal covenant God established from the foundation of the world. It alone leads to salvation. Yet, we call it the "New Covenant" because, within human history, it is revealed after the covenant of the law, that is, the "Old Covenant." Both covenants, however, do serve a purpose in God's plan of redemption. The Old Covenant convicts us, that is it makes us aware, of our sin and our fallennes. The New Covenant brings salvation by grace through faith to all who believe. The words of an old Gospel hymn sum this up very well.

By God's Word at last my sin I learned
Then I trembled at the law I'd spurned
Till my guilty soul, imploring, turned to Calvary!
Mercy there was great and grace was free!
Pardon there was multiplied to me!
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary!

So, what we have is, as Paul says on several occasions, a mystery. The "New Covenant" is actually older than the "Old Covenant." If our relationship with God is on the basis of grace through faith, we are thus to become, under the New Covenant, the people we were before the law (Old Covenant) was necessary to reveal to us the people we are. Under the New Covenant, we are restored to the state of perfection which was lost in the fall. We are back where we were in the beginning, that is, with God for all eternity. Yet, it can only be said of Christ that "He was in the beginning with God" (John 1:2). So, if human beings are to be restored to that relationship whereby they can be "in the beginning with God," they must be "in Christ." That is what life under the New Covenant of grace is all about!

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also." (John 14:3)

Where is Jesus? He is "in the beginning with God." Thus, his promise to "come again," in the context of John’s Gospel, is a promise to restore us to the perfect relationship with God which was “in the beginning.” The “end” of our faith is complete salvation, which John sees as perfect union with God in Christ through the work of the Holy Spirit.

So, as members of God's New Covenant community, the Church, we look not to world events for the "fulfillment" of some ancient prophecy, but to Jesus Christ, God's ultimate revelation ("unveiling") of himself, the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End; and the ongoing fulfillment of the eschatological kingdom which is the consummation of all of history. In him, we find our rest.

Upvote 0

Reformationist

Non nobis domine sed tuo nomine da gloriam
Mar 7, 2002
✟37,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Originally posted by Patmosman_sga
Uh, I'm not sure what the last post has to do with the subject of this thread.

Not sure if you were PM'd about this but I'm pretty sure mjwhite's post was inadvertantly posted in this thread so we moved it to the appropriate thread.

It was a bit confusing though, wasn't it? :scratch: :D

God bless.

Upvote 0

Mustaphile

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2004
Indiana
✟35,696.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Others
I disagree. :D But only to a point.

Faith is our salvation. Growth is by surrendering to the Spirit, the death of flesh has been accomplished by Christ. We are still subject to the desires of the flesh, but by faith we overcome that. We have no law now but the law of the Spirit, evidenced by the fruits of the Spirit.

One particular point, the verse you used to show that we need to grow up.

22Purifying your souls in the obedience of the truth through the Spirit to unfeigned love of the brothers, love one another fervently out of a pure heart, 23having been born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, through the living word of God, and abiding forever.
24For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of men as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, and its flower falls out, 25but the Word of the Lord endures forever. And this is the Word preached as gospel to you.

The corruptible seed is the flesh which grows up like grass, flowers and withers away. The incorruptible seed is the Spirit of Christ within us, bringing us life eternal.

Here is it is in the Bible in Basic English:-

22 And as you have made your souls clean, being ruled by what is true, and loving one another without deceit, see that your love is warm and from the heart: 23 Because you have had a new birth, not from the seed of man, but from eternal seed, through the word of a living and unchanging God. 24 For it is said, All flesh is like grass, and all its glory like the flower of the grass. The grass becomes dry and the flower dead: 25 But the word of the Lord is eternal. And this is the word of the good news which was given to you.

The quote from Ephesians
And he [Christ] gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the fullness of Christ, so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love. (Ephesians 4:11-16, ESV)

The maturity is the steadfast knowledge that we are new creatures in Christ Jesus and our flesh nature has been put to death in God's eyes. We are now covered by the blood of Jesus and his Spirit inside us must be revealed by the surrendering of ourselves and our desire to view the world from a fleshly nature. We now view the world through the eyes of Christ, who sees all of us as sinners, and still loved us all and paid the necessary price for our salvation. Our maturity is in a Spirit filled life bearing fruit. The fruits of the Spirit. Against such there is no law. Love, joy, peace, a quiet mind, kind acts, well-doing, faith, gentle behaviour, control over desires. This is maturity, bearing fruit.

1 So putting away all wrongdoing, and all tricks and deceits and envies and evil talk, 2 Be full of desire for the true milk of the word, as babies at their mothers' breasts, so that you may go on to salvation; 3 If you have had a taste of the grace of the Lord: 4 To whom you come, as to a living stone, not honoured by men, but of great and special value to God; 5 You, as living stones, are being made into a house of the spirit, a holy order of priests, making those offerings of the spirit which are pleasing to God through Jesus Christ. 6 Because it is said in the Writings, See, I am placing a keystone in Zion, of great and special value; and the man who has faith in him will not be put to shame. 7 And the value is for you who have faith; but it is said for those without faith, The very stone which the builders put on one side, was made the chief stone of the building; 8 And, A stone of falling, a rock of trouble; the word is the cause of their fall, because they go against it, and this was the purpose of God.9 But you are a special people, a holy nation, priests and kings, a people given up completely to God, so that you may make clear the virtues of him who took you out of the dark into the light of heaven. 10 In the past you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; then there was no mercy for you, but now mercy has been given to you.

Christ's gift to us has made us a new people of God. There was no mercy before, now we have mercy. As we cast off our fleshly desires, we no longer bear the fruit of corruptible seed (evil desire, unclean things, wrong use of the senses, worship of images, use of strange powers, hates, fighting, desire for what another has, angry feelings, attempts to get the better of others, divisions, false teachings, envy, uncontrolled drinking and feasting etc.). We bear the fruit of the incorruptible seed(Love, joy, peace, a quiet mind, kind acts, well-doing, faith, gentle behaviour, control over desires).

11 My loved ones, I make this request with all my heart, that, as those for whom this world is a strange country, you will keep yourselves from the desires of the flesh which make war against the soul; 12 Being of good behaviour among the Gentiles; so that though they say now that you are evil-doers, they may see your good works and give glory to God when he comes to be their judge. 13 Keep all the laws of men because of the Lord; those of the king, who is over all, 14 And those of the rulers who are sent by him for the punishment of evil-doers and for the praise of those who do well. 15 Because it is God's pleasure that foolish and narrow-minded men may be put to shame by your good behaviour: 16 As those who are free, not using your free position as a cover for wrongdoing, but living as the servants of God; 17 Have respect for all, loving the brothers, fearing God, honouring the king. 18 Servants, take orders from your masters with all respect; not only if they are good and gentle, but even if they are bad-humoured. 19 For it is a sign of grace if a man, desiring to do right in the eyes of God, undergoes pain as punishment for something which he has not done. 20 What credit is it if, when you have done evil, you take your punishment quietly? but if you are given punishment for doing right, and take it quietly, this is pleasing to God. 21 This is God's purpose for you: because Jesus himself underwent punishment for you, giving you an example, so that you might go in his footsteps: 22 Who did no evil, and there was no deceit in his mouth: 23 To sharp words he gave no sharp answer; when he was undergoing pain, no angry word came from his lips; but he put himself into the hands of the judge of righteousness: 24 He took our sins on himself, giving his body to be nailed on the tree, so that we, being dead to sin, might have a new life in righteousness, and by his wounds we have been made well. 25 Because, like sheep, you had gone out of the way; but now you have come back to him who keeps watch over your souls.

You will notice here that Paul makes a request. He doesnt make a command. He request us to keep from the desires of the flesh. He doesnt say we wont have them anymore. He understands we are still in our fleshly body.

This passage talking about Pauls request to keep the laws of men, and is referring to the laws of the king or his servants. We would look upon this as the laws of our government. We should be a good witness, by not seeking to break the rules of the government. We must resist the desires of the flesh, which still weary us as we take up our cross and carry it, we do so by surrendering ourselves to the Spirit of Christ within us, giving up our own lives and allowing Christ to shine his light through us and strengthen us on our journey. We do this not by keeping religious laws, as the Pharisees did, as the laws apply to the living, but our flesh is now dead in God's eyes and we are no longer subject to those laws. Those who have not accepted God's grace and forgiveness in their lives, my look upon you as evil-doers, but in the time of judgement when we stand before God, they will know that we were doing good. God's laws are now written in our hearts and fulfilled in us through Christ Spirit dwelling within us. Those of us who are free (which is many in this modern age) should be respecters of all, knowing that we are no greater than any other man. We have all sinned and come short of the glory of God and no effort of the flesh on our part will bring us closer to God. The flesh is a servant to sin and whatever is of the flesh is not of God.

So what form does our salvation take? It takes the form of knowing our salvation rests in our faith in Jesus Christ and his cleansing sacrifice. We take up our cross and bear our burden of the flesh to Calvary and when our fleshly body dies on that cross in this world, the Spirit within us takes us on to everlasting life, through our faith in the promises of Jesus Christ. Faith that is the opposite of fear. Fear of our salvation is the opposite of Faith in our salvation. Faith brings certainty. Fear brings condemnation. We are free of condemnation now.

It's not about growing up. It's about giving up. We give up the flesh and we allow the Spirit of Christ to shine through. He dwells within us now and transforms us. As we surrender to his Spirit, it guides us to living a life of Christ. We are renewed by Christ. We don't renew ourselves. It's not about us. All Glory goes to Jesus our Lord.

1 Christ has truly made us free: then keep your free condition and let no man put a yoke on you again. 2 See, I Paul say to you, that if you undergo circumcision, Christ will be of no use to you. 3 Yes, I give witness again to every man who undergoes circumcision, that he will have to keep all the law. 4 You are cut off from Christ, you who would have righteousness by the law; you are turned away from grace. 5 For we through the Spirit by faith are waiting for the hope of righteousness.

Christ has made us free. Let no man put a yoke on you again. We need to dwell on those words when we feel the yoke being put on our necks again. We are free! We have through the Spirit of faith the hope of righteousness. Continue to hope dear friends, and let no man bring you into condemnation again.

14 For all the law is made complete in one word, even in this, Have love for your neighbour as for yourself. 15 But if you are given to fighting with one another, take care that you are not the cause of destruction one to another. 16 But I say, Go on in the Spirit, and you will not come under the rule of the evil desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh has desires against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; because these are opposite the one to the other; so that you may not do the things which you have a mind to do. 18 But if you are guided by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are clear, which are these: evil desire, unclean things, wrong use of the senses, 20 Worship of images, use of strange powers, hates, fighting, desire for what another has, angry feelings, attempts to get the better of others, divisions, false teachings, 21 Envy, uncontrolled drinking and feasting, and such things: of which I give you word clearly, even as I did in the past, that they who do such things will have no part in the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, a quiet mind, kind acts, well-doing, faith, 23 Gentle behaviour, control over desires: against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have put to death on the cross the flesh with its passions and its evil desires. 25 If we are living by the Spirit, by the Spirit let us be guided. 26 Let us not be full of self-glory, making one another angry, having envy of one another.

The Spirit guides us now, our flesh is dead. It's been put to death on the cross. The mystery that Paul speaks of us the mystery of us still being in flesh but being transformed by faith. How is our flesh dead, but I am still in it? I can pinch myself and still feel my flesh. This is the miracle of Jesus transforming gift of salvation by faith. In God's eyes our flesh is dead. We have been redeemed by our Saviour, who speaks to God on behalf of those who believe in Him.

26 But is now made clear; and by the writings of the prophets, by the order of the eternal God, the knowledge of it has been given to all the nations, so that they may come under the rule of the faith; 27 To the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, be the glory for ever. So be it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.