Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess how to prepare probably depends on what the role involves, and what preparation/training you already have. As a start I'd suggest looking at the issues prevalent in the cohort you're trying to reach, and seeking to equip yourself in those areas.

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best thing to do is ask Jesus to confirm your calling and let Him equip you with the abilities you need to be able to minister to the people God puts on your path. The way to help God equip you is to go to Him in your weaknesses and sins and surrender them to Him to take care of.

Peace.

• Agree
Reactions: lezter
Upvote 0

lezter

JESUS IS KING
Nov 6, 2019
Calamba
✟16,218.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, I guess how to prepare probably depends on what the role involves, and what preparation/training you already have. As a start I'd suggest looking at the issues prevalent in the cohort you're trying to reach, and seeking to equip yourself in those areas.
Thans for wisdom. Godbless

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

lezter

JESUS IS KING
Nov 6, 2019
Calamba
✟16,218.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The best thing to do is ask Jesus to confirm your calling and let Him equip you with the abilities you need to be able to minister to the people God puts on your path. The way to help God equip you is to go to Him in your weaknesses and sins and surrender them to Him to take care of.

Peace.
Amen Thankyou. eye opening. I started to overthink, now im in calm knowing Jesus has a way for everything and He is my sheperd. i should not worry. Thankyou Lord for using you.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My Pastor told me that He is praying for me to become the next youth leader, to state the status of our youth, i would say we are so slow in terms of growing and moving. how to prepare for this opportunity that possibly i am going through.
I agree with the other poster, pray about it, ask for a sign that this is of God. You would surprised all the prayers I pray that I think are obvious yes's, and He says no to.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
My Pastor told me that He is praying for me to become the next youth leader, to state the status of our youth, i would say we are so slow in terms of growing and moving. how to prepare for this opportunity that possibly i am going through.
I'd suggest reading Watchman Nee's "Normal Christian Life". It should be on the "must read" list for anyone who aspires to leadership.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

How strange, can't he see or doesn't he know that you are a mature Christian able to teach and mentor young people.
Are you not already part of the youth team and clearly the most suited to take over the leadership of the youth work.

If these do not apply why are you being concidered.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,820.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

You can't pray for something to happen that you're not called to do. Even pastors cannot discern your calling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think the most important thing to do is get a mentor, either the pastor or another spiritually mature person in your life. You need someone who will encourage you when you feel weak and correct you when you are wrong.

Certainly anyone in that kind of role should have proper mentoring/supervision.

• Agree
Upvote 0

lezter

JESUS IS KING
Nov 6, 2019
Calamba
✟16,218.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the most important thing to do is get a mentor, either the pastor or another spiritually mature person in your life. You need someone who will encourage you when you feel weak and correct you when you are wrong.
Amen I need a mentor who will correct me. and rebuke me. plays include me inyour prayers.

Upvote 0

lezter

JESUS IS KING
Nov 6, 2019
Calamba
✟16,218.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How strange, can't he see or doesn't he know that you are a mature Christian able to teach and mentor young people.
Are you not already part of the youth team and clearly the most suited to take over the leadership of the youth work.

If these do not apply why are you being concidered.
i am part of the youth for almost 2 and half years, other members became so busy studying for schoolworks and no one wants to commit seriously on Gods vission assigned to us. please include our youth in your prayers.

Upvote 0