Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
I have only been to a youth alive thing before but not a planetshakers thing so I can't really comment. But what exactly is the problem with what they do?

One of my major problems I have with YA / PS is the fact that in evangelistic message they preach without reference to the Bible on most occasions (I have seen Reggie use the scripture twice). Plus if you examine their message you see it lacking any biblical content.

The gospel has become "all about you" and not about God, it has become man centered instead of God centered.

For instance this year at PS07 they did an offering speech from Elijah taking on the prophets of Baal, they completely butchered the text to drag money out of kids, and then promised the kids that if they 'give a break through offering, they will get a break through fire' and that there families will be saved, that their communities will be saved. They also told the kids that if there parents are looking at divorce to give money. <-- Show me biblical support for any of that!

We were witnessing out side of PS07 on public sidewalk, and PS security came and threatened the females in the team, and told them to leave. Also some of the youth were informed that we are an biblical cult that should be avoided (Guess the Baptists are now a cult!).

When I had to do VIP security at PS it was interesting to sit and listen to all the preachers brag about how much money they had got, and the new watches / boats extra they were buying. YA / PS seems to be a money making exercise.

Further more another reason we witness there is that we found when doing interviews for Way of the Master Radio (www.wayofthemasterradio.com) that over 90% of those spoken to did not know the gospel, nor how to be saved. The vast majority didn't even know about Jesus or the cross. Yet they claimed to be Christian. Something stinks with the message that PS and YA preach.

Upvote 0
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for that will.

As I said, it's been a while since I've been to one, and from memory that was very early in my Christian walk just over a year ago. From your description it reminds me of a certain church that I use to go to which I won't name. I also have a problem with the prosperity doctorine that is taught in these churches. However, I know from the church that I am talking about in Brisbane that some of the members are genuinely Christian...it's a hard line to tow. But good on you for doing what you're doing if you are convicted by the Spirit.

I've always thought how blessed I've been from my journey to land in my church because all the guys there are genuine Christians. I guess everyone has to start somewhere though...and even if they are doing the wrong thing, God has his way of making things right.

Upvote 0

Bamboo_Chicken

Once a Steffi, forever a Bamboo Chicken
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2004
New South Wales
Visit site
✟39,912.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
The Sydney one is on 1st September. We have Switchfoot and Reggie going.. I think antiskeptic is playing as well. Yay!!
Hmm, that is soon.. I really need to organise the tickets for that.
Big Exo Day was awesome. Reggie was...wow. For anyone seeing them this weekend, I hope you have an amazing time :thumbsup:.

Upvote 0