• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

youth alive 8/9/07 brisbane

Discussion in 'Australian & New Zealand' started by Sonfest Rocker, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Sonfest Rocker

Sonfest Rocker Legend

+377
    Australia
    Agnostic
    Married
    AU-Labor
    youth alive next month at the entertainment center
    reggie dabbs and switchfoot
    its gonna be awesome
    any one going?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. lmnop9876

lmnop9876 Well-Known Member

+212
    Christian
    Private
    oh thats not fair haylea, yous get switchfoot.

ours is on the last weekend of august, but we haven't got anyone like switchfoot coming. we've gotten free tickets and a free bus trip down to hobart from a friend who is friends with one of the organisers. :) but i don't know if i will go, i think i've got an exam the monday after.

3. ChristInAction

ChristInAction Beloved Child

+52
    Salvation Army
    Single
    aww! you guys get reggie & Switchfoot!!! =O
    We've got Antiskeptic & some amarican band, Preston Centuolo is preacting, i'd love reggie to. I'm sure that guy^ will be great but some friends that arent saved are coming & reggies like the best.
    ours is on the 18th of august.
    (ps. we're in vic)

Although we have a concert in sept. with switchfoot, antiskeptic & pillar.

4. bubblefish

bubblefish used to be cat_goes_meow

+303
    Christian
    Private
    The Sydney one is on 1st September. We have Switchfoot and Reggie going.. I think antiskeptic is playing as well. Yay!!
    Hmm, that is soon.. I really need to organise the tickets for that.

5. skinnybrad

skinnybrad Australia's own Christian punk kid with attitude

+32
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    I'm going just to see Switchfoot

6. Zaphod_Beeblebrox

Zaphod_Beeblebrox Regular Member

+8
    Christian
    Married
    AU-Democrats
    Yeah sounds like worth going to see Switchfoot, also you might want to check the date it's 8/9/07 not 8/7/07.

7. Sonfest Rocker

Sonfest Rocker Legend

+377
    Australia
    Agnostic
    Married
    AU-Labor
    thanks
    could a mod change that for me

8. tigercub

tigercub unbelievably fluffy Supporter

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Is anyone bothering to buy tickets early....or relying on them being available at the door?

9. Sonfest Rocker

Sonfest Rocker Legend

+377
    Australia
    Agnostic
    Married
    AU-Labor
    the youth at my church are

10. GodsoldierClintus

GodsoldierClintus Veteran

+77
    Agnostic
    Single
    I'm too old for that to be honest...

11. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    So am I...so is Zaphod (and I'm pretty sure skinnybrad is too)

but...so? :D

It's Switchfoot! :swoon:

12. Willo

Willo Reformed Bapist

+72
    Baptist
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    I won't be present, but I am sending a small evangelism team in to YA to witness.

13. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Isn't that a bit of a waste? Seeing as the majority of attendees will already be Christian...?

BTW what do they look like so I can avoid them? :D :p ( I go purely for the music)

14. Sharky

Sharky Rockin dude!

+157
    Christian
    I'm going to miss that unfortunately :(

Have fun guys!

15. Willo

Willo Reformed Bapist

+72
    Baptist
    Single
    AU-Liberals
    Since they don't preach the gospel it won't be a waste of time. After serving two years as Reggie Dabbs Brisbane security team, and seeing a lot of things from 'christians' it is vital that the gospel gets proclaimed.

We also run outreaches at Planet Shakers (which is more interesting).

16. lifefmmod

lifefmmod New Member

+1
    Non-Denom
    In Relationship
    I have a church meeting that night :(

17. tigercub

+216
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    What a pity. No one to moderate us all...

ha ha ha

18. jarrol

jarrol Member

+19
    Non-Denom
    Single
    mate that is such a great idea.

i'm not going - purly because of my inner conflict on supporting anything YA... even though i'd love to see switchfoot.

but i'd been half keen to join up with your ministry team at some event... i like the idea.

a non conusmeristic gospel presence is needed there... don't know why i haven't thought to try it.

me=not reggie fan either... same message everytime, and it's so wishy washy!

19. jarrol

jarrol Member

+19
    Non-Denom
    Single
    oh and though i haven't been to the planetshakers conference... i went to their City Church in melbourne.... and *shuddered* pretty well the whole way through.

the next day though i had a ministry meeting with their youth team (mike gugliomuchi [spelling ahhh!] and the like) and found them to be a genuine and passionate bunch of guys.

just wonder about their implementation sometimes... no questioning their heart though.

20. GodsoldierClintus

GodsoldierClintus Veteran

+77
    Agnostic
    Single
    I have only been to a youth alive thing before but not a planetshakers thing so I can't really comment. But what exactly is the problem with what they do?