youth alive 8/9/07 brisbane

lmnop9876

Aug 29, 2005
✟8,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
oh thats not fair haylea, yous get switchfoot.

ours is on the last weekend of august, but we haven't got anyone like switchfoot coming. we've gotten free tickets and a free bus trip down to hobart from a friend who is friends with one of the organisers. :) but i don't know if i will go, i think i've got an exam the monday after.

Upvote 0

ChristInAction

Beloved Child
May 14, 2006
Melbourne
Visit site
✟8,880.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
aww! you guys get reggie & Switchfoot!!! =O
We've got Antiskeptic & some amarican band, Preston Centuolo is preacting, i'd love reggie to. I'm sure that guy^ will be great but some friends that arent saved are coming & reggies like the best.
ours is on the 18th of august.
(ps. we're in vic)

Although we have a concert in sept. with switchfoot, antiskeptic & pillar.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I won't be present, but I am sending a small evangelism team in to YA to witness.
Isn't that a bit of a waste? Seeing as the majority of attendees will already be Christian...?

BTW what do they look like so I can avoid them? :D :p ( I go purely for the music)

Upvote 0

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Isn't that a bit of a waste? Seeing as the majority of attendees will already be Christian...?

BTW what do they look like so I can avoid them? :D :p ( I go purely for the music)

Since they don't preach the gospel it won't be a waste of time. After serving two years as Reggie Dabbs Brisbane security team, and seeing a lot of things from 'christians' it is vital that the gospel gets proclaimed.

We also run outreaches at Planet Shakers (which is more interesting).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jarrol

Dec 6, 2004
Ipswich
✟15,491.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Since they don't preach the gospel it won't be a waste of time. After serving two years as Reggie Dabbs Brisbane security team, and seeing a lot of things from 'christians' it is vital that the gospel gets proclaimed.

We also run outreaches at Planet Shakers (which is more interesting).

mate that is such a great idea.

i'm not going - purly because of my inner conflict on supporting anything YA... even though i'd love to see switchfoot.

but i'd been half keen to join up with your ministry team at some event... i like the idea.

a non conusmeristic gospel presence is needed there... don't know why i haven't thought to try it.

me=not reggie fan either... same message everytime, and it's so wishy washy!

Upvote 0

jarrol

Dec 6, 2004
Ipswich
✟15,491.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
oh and though i haven't been to the planetshakers conference... i went to their City Church in melbourne.... and *shuddered* pretty well the whole way through.

the next day though i had a ministry meeting with their youth team (mike gugliomuchi [spelling ahhh!] and the like) and found them to be a genuine and passionate bunch of guys.

just wonder about their implementation sometimes... no questioning their heart though.

Upvote 0