You're perfect in every way but...

A

allthatisgone

"PassionateOne is great isn't she?! And absolutely correct. That contentment is great thing."

No its not. A great many people are content with themselves when they shouldn't be. Which is not to be confused with contenment in God as described by Paul. You're obviously talking about who and what you are. So many ppl just dont see all the ugly things in themselves coz they're blind and havent yet had the chance for them to be revealed. Even the "great" ppl show that they're same as the "lesser" ones when they're put thru fire and hell. God is never content with what we are; He calls us to be perfect and ever calling us to come higher. Why should you be content when He isnt. Or are you saying you live up to all His commandments. Or are you saying that God is content with people who dont.

Upvote 0

christcentered

Sep 8, 2006
NC
✟9,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
"PassionateOne is great isn't she?! And absolutely correct. That contentment is great thing."

No its not. A great many people are content with themselves when they shouldn't be. Which is not to be confused with contenment in God as described by Paul. You're obviously talking about who and what you are. So many ppl just dont see all the ugly things in themselves coz they're blind and havent yet had the chance for them to be revealed. Even the "great" ppl show that they're same as the "lesser" ones when they're put thru fire and hell. God is never content with what we are; He calls us to be perfect and ever calling us to come higher. Why should you be content when He isnt. Or are you saying you live up to all His commandments. Or are you saying that God is content with people who dont.

I know her. You don't. You totally missed the context of what's being talked about. And no.... I won't bother answering any of your questions.

Thanks for the sermon though.

Have a nice day :) .

Upvote 0

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
I know her. You don't. You totally missed the context of what's being talked about. And no.... I won't bother answering any of your questions.

Have a nice day :) .
I have a quick question. Why are you throwing so much disrespect toward allthatisgone? Why wouldnt you answer any questions? Why would it be a bother to help anyone grow?

Upvote 0

christcentered

Sep 8, 2006
NC
✟9,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have a quick question. Why are you throwing so much disrespect toward allthatisgone? Why wouldnt you answer any questions? Why would it be a bother to help anyone grow?

Gimpy: My reading of allthatisgone's post reveals accusation and supposition on her part & request for me/PassionateOne to qualify at least part of our faith walk in her eyes. I'm not going there.

As far as the spirit and substance of the topic of this thread is concerned I believe PassionateOne put things very well........and this through her/our continuing imperfect walk(s) and reliance on Jesus Christ.

Edited to add: The word "pefect" has been used not to describe an immaculate person who needs no further work (of course.....sheesh ya'll, c'mon). It's a learning process that never ends = very basic Christian understading. We ought to be what He intends for us to be, not what someone else wants us to be. In the relational context we can be "perfect" or "just right" or "_______" (insert other favorite descriptive word) for another person. If someone rejects you as-is that's fine. Be yourself. Be what He wants you to be.....and that will be perfect for somebody else in the relational context when that special someone is put in your life.

Reactions: PassionateOne
Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Gimpy: My reading of allthatisgone's post reveals accusation and supposition on her part & request for me/PassionateOne to qualify at least part of our faith walk in her eyes. I'm not going there.

As far as the spirit and substance of the topic of this thread is concerned I believe PassionateOne put things very well........and this through her/our continuing imperfect walk(s) and reliance on Jesus Christ.

Edited to add: The word "pefect" has been used not to describe an immaculate person who needs no further work (of course.....sheesh ya'll, c'mon). It's a learning process that never ends = very basic Christian understading. We ought to be what He intends for us to be, not what someone else wants us to be. In the relational context we can be "perfect" or "just right" or "_______" (insert other favorite descriptive word) for another person. If someone rejects you as-is that's fine. Be yourself. Be what He wants you to be.....and that will be perfect for somebody else in the relational context when that special someone is put in your life.
Wow! Never can tell which way a post is going to turn...

Good job Christcentered!!! I thought that the point of my original post was obvious but I guess it needed some clarification and you did great explaining my use of the word perfect!!!

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

christcentered

Sep 8, 2006
NC
✟9,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow! Never can tell which way a post is going to turn...

Good job Christcentered!!! I thought that the point of my original post was obvious but I guess it needed some clarification and you did great explaining my use of the word perfect!!!

:thumbsup:

Heck, trying to define use of the word "perfect" was aimed at my own comments as much as anything....but I know where you're coming from :) .

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Im not trying to be rude, honestly!
But, you certainly did. Maybe if you had posted your reasoning behind this first it would've been less offensive. Even then you have to realize that not everyone has the same "gift" that you do, just as you do not have the gift of compassion.

Even those of us who have "heard" God sometimes misinterpret the message. God never promised us a life without pain and people keep messing things up with that dang freewill thing.

The best that us common ungifted folk can do is to ask a lot of questions up front to determine compatibility in the important areas, pray, and hopefully get some peace and leading with relationships.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums