Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well I prayed to God and He likes everything about you except one thing. Sorry, He wouldnt tell me what it is.
I did use this one and I wasn't fibbing on this one.

God and I have talked and He told me to do about us...and that was to run away now.

Upvote 0

TwistTim

Whimsical, Witty, Wacky, Waiting, Wise Guy
Jan 27, 2007
Ork
✟22,644.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
To the OP: You are not perfect, no one is.... the sooner you realize we're all sinners and none is perfect the better...

that said, using a flaw unless it's a major one that won't change to break up with someone is a lame excuse....

and I'm of the opionion that people don't need to be out dating every day to be whole....

in fact, show me a Young Lady who doesn't date everyone who comes her way, and I'll show a Lady who is complete in herself, and for whom a mate would be a compliment to her, rather than her own definition of self.... I'd rather date the former than the latter type....

just my thoughts...

Upvote 0
A

Ashbee02

Please don't take this the wrong way but: you are not perfect in every way... We are human... we are faulted... and you are a daughter of God! You deserve a guy who understands that you have faults and loves you anyways... a guy who loves you enough to be sacraficial and not self-serving... this kind of guy will lead you to God and serve you! Pray for God to send the right guy... a guy who loves God first and has a heart to serve you! God Bless!

Upvote 0

jcj3803

Jan 11, 2007
✟8,762.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I love the one about how they have prayed and you are just not the one. Insert eye roll here.

So are you saying that you do not believe that one can receive divine guidance in something like dating? Or are you saying you think they're just lying to you?

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
[TwistTim;33730978]To the OP: You are not perfect, no one is.... the sooner you realize we're all sinners and none is perfect the better...

I am the OP and I'm not sure what you mean by this...

I think maybe you missed the point of my post. I KNOW I'm not perfect!!! What I said was that I've had a couple of men in my life who seem to think that PERFECT exists and when they realize that I'm NOT they move on...which is really to bad for them because they are looking for something that doesn't exist.

that said, using a flaw unless it's a major one that won't change to break up with someone is a lame excuse....

I agree with this...that's what the majority of us have been saying in this thread...it is a LAME excuse!

and I'm of the opionion that people don't need to be out dating every day to be whole....

in fact, show me a Young Lady who doesn't date everyone who comes her way, and I'll show a Lady who is complete in herself, and for whom a mate would be a compliment to her, rather than her own definition of self.... I'd rather date the former than the latter type....

I am a lady who doesn't date everyone who comes her way. I have had more opportunities to date than I have taken...I am truly desiring the man that God has for me and if I feel in my heart that someone isn't that man for me (doesn't mean they aren't great and wonderful and have amazing qualities - they just aren't right for me) then I don't even start a relationship with that person. I might start a friendship however, I also understand that just like for women, it can be difficult for men to have a friendship with someone that they had hoped would develop into more...but I'm not about dating for dating's sake.

Also, I'm not looking for someone to complete me. I am already complete in Christ. However, being disappointed in love is part of the real world and is a real emotion and having those feelings doesn't make me any less complete or confident in who I am in the Lord.

Upvote 0

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
To the OP: You are not perfect, no one is.... the sooner you realize we're all sinners and none is perfect the better...

just my thoughts...
We are old enough to know that we arent perfect. You did get it, that its a lame excuse.
As far as how much anyone is dating though, you are interjecting your own assumptions rather than posting according to what the original poster stated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are old enough to know that we arent perfect. You did get it, that its a lame excuse.
As far as how much anyone is dating though, you are interjecting your own assumptions rather than posting according to what the original poster stated.
Thanks Gimpy!

Upvote 0

OhhJim

Often wrong, but never in doubt
Aug 19, 2004
Walnut Creek, CA
✟6,051.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If one more man says that to me I think I'm going to scream!!!! :mad:

Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you're so perfect! Your picture's pretty cute, tho...

I've been told by a couple of women, "You're everything I want in a man. I don't know why I'm not attracted to you." Sigh. It's probably one of those silly asinine excuses little girls use when they want out! ;)

Wanna eat a pint of chocolate ice cream with me, while we commiserate?

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well, if it makes you feel better, I don't think you're so perfect! Your picture's pretty cute, tho...

Finally!!! Someone get's it!!!! I'm NOT perfect!!! ;)

And thanks for the compliment :blush:

I've been told by a couple of women, "You're everything I want in a man. I don't know why I'm not attracted to you." Sigh. It's probably one of those silly asinine excuses little girls use when they want out! ;)

I agree! Women use just as lame of excuses!!!

Wanna eat a pint of chocolate ice cream with me, while we commiserate?

Absolutely! But could we make it chocolate chip mint? That's my favorite! :yum:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Well...the man that I was talking about in my original post just got a hold of me this morning.

He wants to be "friends". He said that he cares about me and wants to still talk with me and have me in his life.

I told him that I appreciated that (and I do) and that I care about him as well...but that I need to protect my heart and in order to do that it was best if we just didn't have any contact.

He flew off the handle at me. He told me that he was "seeing a side of me that he's not to fond of"...HUH???

It's not ok for me to protect my heart???

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well...the man that I was talking about in my original post just got a hold of me this morning.

He wants to be "friends". He said that he cares about me and wants to still talk with me and have me in his life.

I told him that I appreciated that (and I do) and that I care about him as well...but that I need to protect my heart and in order to do that it was best if we just didn't have any contact.

He flew off the handle at me. He told me that he was "seeing a side of me that he's not to fond of"...HUH???

It's not ok for me to protect my heart???
I hate that when guys do that.

He wants his cake and eat it too. He can't have it both ways so he was trying to let me get angry tatic to get what I want.

I would just chalk it up to God getting this man EXCUSE ME boy out of your life.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I hate that when guys do that.

He wants his cake and eat it too. He can't have it both ways so he was trying to let me get angry tatic to get what I want.

I know...it really surprised me how angry he was with me...and to use his own words - I saw a side of him "that I wasn't to fond of"!

I would just chalk it up to God getting this man EXCUSE ME boy out of your life.
I agree...just showed me that it was for the best...and that God really is looking out for me...

Upvote 0

jcj3803

Jan 11, 2007
✟8,762.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I told him [...] that I need to protect my heart and in order to do that it was best if we just didn't have any contact.

He flew off the handle at me.

Sounds like Mr. You're Almost Perfect wanted to keep you as a back-up in case he couldn't find another chiquita but you spoiled his plan. :p

Heh, heh, heh, well done! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Feb 17, 2007
✟16,410.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No to be rude but God is a jealous God. He wants to be put first in everything in your life. How is He suppose to trust you if you put your focus on man and forget about Him? Some women do it and don't realize they are doing it. MEN call me everything and make all kinds of excuses not to love me the way I deserved to be loved. I don't care because God is the only someone that is my number one. God loves me and He thinks I am beautiful, intelligent, and worhy of His love. Become grounded in Him.

Sorry but I'm feeling that when you meet men you have some serious expectations. A tip for you, the next guy you meet, give it to God and rest in God. Let GOD work it out. I know you deserve the best but God knows whats best for you.

I'm not trying to be rude...just to let everyone know. God Bless

Upvote 0