Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If one more man says that to me I think I'm going to scream!!!! :mad:

Another potential relationship ended this morning with that award winning phrase...you're perfect in every way but...

When am I going to be perfect in every way period...

I know all the logical things...he wasn't the right guy for you...God is watching out for you...don't settle for less than God's best...it only takes one...etc, etc, etc

But it still hurts...

Oh! and then I got pulled over by the State Police on my way to work...the trooper had mercy on me though when he saw that I had been crying and he just gave me a verbal warning - so that was a good thing...

Sorry for the rant...I'm just feeling very discouraged and not understanding what God is doing...why doesn't He bring the right man into my life?

Thanks for listening...

PassionateOne

I say it, as I see it
Jan 13, 2007
Texas
✟19,187.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If one more man says that to me I think I'm going to scream!!!! :mad:

Another potential relationship ended this morning with that award winning phrase...you're perfect in every way but...

When am I going to be perfect in every way period...

I know all the logical things...he wasn't the right guy for you...God is watching out for you...don't settle for less than God's best...it only takes one...etc, etc, etc

May I just add a comment? :holy:

Whatever these guys are saying......it's really not about YOU, it's all about THEM.

If I ever had a guy say that to me, I would walk away and feel sorry for that guy, because I know what a wonderful person I am.....and either the guy is going to 'win' and have me around or the guy is not. But either way,I walk away KNOWING that I am perfect in everyway that's suitable for God and MYSELF, and that's all that really matters!

And God wants that for you too, because you are a 'shining star' and perfect! :hug:

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

What You See Is What You Get!
Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
May I just add a comment? :holy:

Whatever these guys are saying......it's really not about YOU, it's all about THEM.

If I ever had a guy say that to me, I would walk away and feel sorry for that guy, because I know what a wonderful person I am.....and either the guy is going to 'win' and have me around or the guy is not. But either way,I walk away KNOWING that I am perfect in everyway that's suitable for God and MYSELF, and that's all that really matters!

And God wants that for you too, because you are a 'shining star' and perfect! :hug:

Thank you so much for adding your comment PassionateOne! :)

That is exactly what I have been praying for...that God would sear it deep into my heart that I'm perfect because I belong to Him and that is enough!

And you're right - it's his loss because I'm a great person and have a lot to offer to the right man! :)

Reactions: PassionateOne
Upvote 0

christcentered

Sep 8, 2006
NC
✟9,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you so much for adding your comment PassionateOne! :)

That is exactly what I have been praying for...that God would sear it deep into my heart that I'm perfect because I belong to Him and that is enough!

And you're right - it's his loss because I'm a great person and have a lot to offer to the right man! :)

PassionateOne is great isn't she?! And absolutely correct. That contentment is great thing.

Upvote 0

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
PassionateOne is great isn't she?! And absolutely correct. That contentment is great thing.

Yes, she is!!! :)

Contentment in the Lord and in who I am in Him is what I'm praying for and I know that the more I seek after Him the more content I will become.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jcj3803

Jan 11, 2007
✟8,762.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Ok, I'll be the bad guy.

Is this single imperfection something that keeps coming up repeatedly? You implied you've it heard quite a few times before.

A couple of possibilities. If it's something that comes up with a whole spectrum of guys, perhaps it's something you might want to change. If it's something you don't want to or can't change, perhaps you should tell people after a couple of dates at the latest and potentially save a lot of time and energy.

The second possibility is that you are using this "imperfection" as a defense mechanism to keep guys at a distance. If so, you might want to explore why you're doing that.

No offense...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dluvs2trvl

Nov 9, 2006
Washington
✟46,536.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I'll be the bad guy.

Is this single imperfection something that keeps coming up repeatedly? You implied you've it heard quite a few times before.

A couple of possibilities. If it's something that comes up with a whole spectrum of guys, perhaps it's something you might want to change. If it's something you don't want to or can't change, perhaps you should tell people after a couple of dates at the latest and potentially save a lot of time and energy.

The second possibility is that you are using this "imperfection" as a defense mechanism to keep guys at a distance. If so, you might want to explore why you're doing that.

No offense...
No offense taken...:)

As I've said before, I wrote this post when I was feeling frustrated with the situation.

I have heard this a couple of times not "quite a few times" - and from some of the posts here from other women I'm not the only one to have heard this or something very similar. I think men use this line (along with others) as an "easy" way to let someone down...which I understand...but from a woman's point of view it is a bit frustrating to hear...especially coming from imperfect men. I'm not trying to offend here...I'm just trying to say that to use the excuse that your "perfect but" makes it sound like you should be perfect in order to be acceptable enough to be in the relationship and in reality NO ONE is perfect...

If I was given a specific trait that was a problem I would think about it and consider it however, since this statement has been made to me (again just a couple of times) in a very general and generic way then there is nothing specific that I can consider.

I'm not saying that I am perfect...I know that I'm not...and I'm sure that just like everyone else there are things about me that I need to change...however, I am a great person...I strive to live my life everyday the way the Lord would have me live it...I'm fun, funny, sweet, kind, thoughtful, caring, cute, adventurous, compassionate, and a lot of other great qualities that I know someday will be "perfect" for the right man.

Thanks for your post and I appreciate your input.

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
No offense taken...:)

As I've said before, I wrote this post when I was feeling frustrated with the situation.

I have heard this a couple of times not "quite a few times" - and from some of the posts here from other women I'm not the only one to have heard this or something very similar. I think men use this line (along with others) as an "easy" way to let someone down...which I understand...but from a woman's point of view it is a bit frustrating to hear...especialy coming from imperfect men. I'm not trying to offend here...I'm just trying to say that to use the excuse that your "perfect but" makes it sound like you should be perfect in order to be acceptable enough to be in the relationship and in reality NO ONE is perfect...

If I was given a specific trait that was a problem I would think about it and consider it however, since this statement has been made to me (again just a couple of times) in a very general and generic way then there is nothing specific that I can consider.

I'm not saying that I am perfect...I know that I'm not...and I'm sure that just like everyone else there are things about me that I need to change...however, I am a great person...I strive to live my life everyday the way the Lord would have me live it...I'm fun, funny, sweet, kind, thoughtful, caring, cute, adventurous, compassionate, and a lot of other great qualities that I know someday will be "perfect" for the right man.

Thanks for your post and I appreciate your input.
I am starting to think it's one of those silly asinine excuses little boys use when they want out.

I love the one about how they have prayed and you are just not the one. Insert eye roll here.

Don't give up at all. It's really not you. It's there issue and not yours. I also believe it's God's way of taking the wrong guy out of our lives so the right one can come in.

I had one guy tell me that and I simply stared at him for a few minutes. OK, I was mean it was just to watch him squirm. I told him that it was alright I wasn't perfect for him since it was obvisous that God was answering my prayer about our relationship and there must be someone 10 times better for me than he was.

Every relationship you have that breaks up is just practice until the final one. Thus you will never be perfect for that man....well not until God sends you the helpmate He has planned for you.

Upvote 0

Gimpy

Senior Veteran
May 26, 2005
California
✟23,718.00
Faith
Christian
I love the one about how they have prayed and you are just not the one. Insert eye roll here.

Oh man, the famous "Christian" out for just about anything you dont want to do. :doh:
"Can you help me work on my car. I know you are a mechanic and I need a little bit of help," you ask?
Then he asks "When do you need the help?"
Then you suggest, " I would like to get it done sometime in the next year."
Then he answers, "Oh, well...... I really don't know. Let me pray on that and get back to you."
Three weeks later, "Hey, how have you been? I havent seen you around. Have you decided when you can give me a hand. I just need to put a fan belt on my car and it has to be put on just right and I dont know if I can do it myself. You can just coach me though."

"Oh, I am sorry. I prayed on that to the Lord and I just cant do it. You know how it is. You gotta do what Jesus says."

"Oh yeah. Thanks."

Upvote 0

KarrieTex

HOOK EM HORNS
Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2006
Houston, Texas
✟38,214.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Oh man, the famous "Christian" out for just about anything you dont want to do. :doh:
"Can you help me work on my car. I know you are a mechanic and I need a little bit of help," you ask?
Then he asks "When do you need the help?"
Then you suggest, " I would like to get it done sometime in the next year."
Then he answers, "Oh, well...... I really don't know. Let me pray on that and get back to you."
Three weeks later, "Hey, how have you been? I havent seen you around. Have you decided when you can give me a hand. I just need to put a fan belt on my car and it has to be put on just right and I dont know if I can do it myself. You can just coach me though."

"Oh, I am sorry. I prayed on that to the Lord and I just cant do it. You know how it is. You gotta do what Jesus says."

"Oh yeah. Thanks."
One guy said that to me after a third date. I asked him which god he was praying to?

Upvote 0