• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

You're Not Alone

Simon/Rock

God is Truth. "Seek and ye(you) shall find."
Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most people during their lives, at one point and time or another, feel depression.
It's just that some of us are effected by it a lot more than others, because of our pasts, and our present situations.

Around thee age of 6, I was just wrestling around with my dad. He accidentally threw me off the edge of the bed into the corner of a chest. It split my head open and I had to get 16 stiches in the back right side of my head. I still have the scar there till this day. About a year or less later, I started having depression. At a young age I developed severe turrets syndrome. I had a very bad stuttering problem. I'd blink a lot. Sometimes I would slurr my words. I had a reading disability, and a learning comprehension issue. I had things called tics, where sometimes I would yell out random words. My worst tic was when I would uncontrollably twitch my head toward thee side of my neck. Luckily I outgrew most of those things. However, unfortunately, I still have a learning issue. I process certain information, at a very low level of comprehension. I'm more of a long-term deep thinker. I grew up playing in chess tournaments.

I have PTSD, Insomnia, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Low Testosterone, very high blood pressure, depression, and bi-polar. I think that's all....LOL. Ya gatta be able to laugh at yourself in life.

What thee so called "normal" people don't tell us non- normal people in life, is that everyone has problems. It's simply that some people can hide it in life better than others. And for some, it's just easier to over come things, than others.

It doesn't mean that someone is better than someone else, but thee mind is a very fragile thing, mixed with a lot of chemicals.
If one chemical goes wrong it can change a persons whole mind frame, and make them have a reaction in several different ways, with several different side effects.

God doesn't need you to hide anything. He accepts you for who you're!
He knows everything about you already, so why try to hide things from him anyways?
He Loves you for you! He is thee Way, thee Truth, and thee Light!

Please keep that in mind, when you're sad, lonely, and depressed.
Pray to him, and he will answer. Maybe not in the time you want, or how you want, but he will answer, and if you're willing to listen, then you're life will get better ultimately.
Maybe not today, and maybe not tomorrow, but it will.

Last edited:

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
GULF BREEZE
✟106,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ya gatta be able to laugh at yourself in life.
Or have other people laugh at you. That's often the case with me. I've been made fun of throughout my life.

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Or have other people laugh at you. That's often the case with me. I've been made fun of throughout my life.

Any true believer in Christ, which I do believe are most of the people on the Christian Forums parts, where only Christians can post, will accept you for you, and will be welcoming. Not everyone in this World is bad, and evil. Trust me, I've been through a lot myself. But God can give you hope!!!

Hope is one of thee best things in thee entire World!

Upvote 0

Simon/Rock

Dec 28, 2019
Eureka
✟13,052.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I know life can be tough at times, but try not to be so negative all of the time. Everyone, has something to be thankful for. For God Gave us all life, did he not? Should we not be thankful for that in general?

That is a base that anyone can build upon in general. Then add anything from there. Maybe start with the necessities? Oxygen, Clean Food, Clean Water, Shelter. Some people don't have all of those things. Everything else in life is simply a want. We have it so good, that most Americans are spoiled rotten in general.

We all(Americas), including myself simply complain to much about materialistic things of what we don't have, instead of trying to be thankful about the things that we do have and are blessed with!!!

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Simon nice to meet you here on the depression forums. Sorry to hear that life has been hard on you but good to hear how Jesus brought you hope and clarity.

It is my testimony as well. Call upon the Lord in days of trouble and He will deliver you.

Wishing you a blessed 2020

Upvote 0