✟16,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I am new here and turn 30 tomorrow. I have been really caught off-guard by how odd it feels and some of the reflection that I've been doing. Most birthdays don't do that to me.

At any rate, what are your words of wisdom for navigating your 30's?

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I am new here and turn 30 tomorrow. I have been really caught off-guard by how odd it feels and some of the reflection that I've been doing. Most birthdays don't do that to me. At any rate, what are your words of wisdom for navigating your 30's?
Hello EbbandFLow, I don't think life gets much better overall than it is in your 30's. In fact, if I had to live a decade over again, my 30's would be that decade (of course, I became a Christian 2 months after my 30th birthday, and I was married about 2 years after that :)).

Hey, I just noticed that you are new around here, so let me also say, WELCOME TO CF :wave:

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - BTW, my weird-feeling birthday was my 25th. I guess it was the whole "quarter of a century" thing, and even though I was already working in my dream job, had many friends and a lot of money, I began to think, is this all there is to life? (of course, it was due to those kind of thoughts/feelings, at least in small part, that I finally came to saving faith in Jesus five years later :))

1 Thessalonians 5
23 May the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body
be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
24 Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: EbbandFlow
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hello again @EbbandFlow, many/most people in their 30's are pretty mature, have a pretty good handle on how life goes, as well a fix on what they want out of it, and they are usually able to do what they want to do too because, in general, they are still pretty healthy overall.

So, the decade of your 30's can be aimed at doing all kinds of fun, secular activities that you've always wanted to do (climb Mt. Everest, orbit Mars in your very own floating Tesla :D, etc.), or you could also choose to spend those years (at least in part) in service to others as a Christian, bringing honor and glory to the Lord as you do .. e.g. Matthew 5:14-16 (and in a way that you may never be able to again :)).

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - this is good advice for a Christian of any age, but it's especially important advice to follow for the those of us who are still young enough to get ourselves tangled up in all different kinds of trouble ;)

quote-we-re-not-to-follow-our-hearts-we-re-to-guard-our-hearts-mark-driscoll-145-99-02.jpg

Upvote 0

EbbandFlow

Nov 15, 2019
Midwest
✟16,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for the insight, David! I find it incredibly encouraging. I think my 20's were more characteristic of self-centeredness than I would like, so my hope and prayer is that servanthood and humility would be more pervasive in my life and the person I become in my 30's.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

EbbandFlow

Nov 15, 2019
Midwest
✟16,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Enjoy! In many ways, life gets less complicated and less socially difficult. You begin to settle emotionally into who you are, and that feels good.

This is really interesting. I am fascinated to find out if this proves to be true for me as well. I would certainly love to find a more solid landing spot emotionally and embrace who God has made me to be.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is really interesting. I am fascinated to find out if this proves to be true for me as well. I would certainly love to find a more solid landing spot emotionally and embrace who God has made me to be.

I think it will. I certainly hope it will. That's what I've found, and this helps with things like social awkwardness / anxiety, and worries about "fitting in" often diminish.

• Agree
Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,925,440.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for the insight, David! I find it incredibly encouraging. I think my 20's were more characteristic of self-centeredness than I would like, so my hope and prayer is that servanthood and humility would be more pervasive in my life and the person I become in my 30's.
Hello again brother, I have prayed in concert with you that all of these things will happen :)

God bless you!

--David
p.s. - here is one of my favorite verses. It's actually a command with a promise that I hope you may find to be useful.

Psalms 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

Upvote 0

Sunshinee777

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2020
Finland
✟168,856.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I think the older you get the more relaxed you feel about everything. You know those people who are in their 50-70's they are like "don't mess with me I'm made of steel" kind of attitude ^_^ God only knows how many days we have in this earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

angelT17

Jun 28, 2006
Jamdung/Jamrock/Island in the sun
✟21,946.00
Country
Jamaica
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I am new here and turn 30 tomorrow. I have been really caught off-guard by how odd it feels and some of the reflection that I've been doing. Most birthdays don't do that to me.

At any rate, what are your words of wisdom for navigating your 30's?
Never stop learning and listening (ignore the noise/anything that is not edifying). Do not overthink. Sometimes we feel pressured to 'have it all together' by our thirties. However, don't let people 'rush' you with their timelines. Take it one day at a time.

Upvote 0

look4hope

Love.Fellowship.Joy
Angels Team
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2012
Somewhere in Jersey
✟382,922.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Feels like my words are more a reflection of my experience. Wisdom sounds too posh. Regardless, here’s to the best years of your life. Remember that any choice you make whether good or bad, intentionally or unintentionally, are okay to make. We are not perfect and learn from mistakes. We shall feel all the feels- pain, joy, sadness, triumph, devastation, chaos, peace...trust and Love. Surely so many more. Look forward without forgetting the past. Painful it may be but it’s the push you’ll need to move on.

Upvote 0