Your Wife's Hair Dresser/Stylist

Adamantium

Sep 29, 2007
✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, and my hairstylist is a woman. She is so good with my hair that I think if we moved 2 hours away I would gladly commute to her.

The only male hairstylist I ever went to was a middle aged man, back when I was a child. Looking back, I suspect he was gay, but one didn't even ponder such things in the mid 1960s. :)

Upvote 0

DIANAC

Senior Veteran
Jan 10, 2005
New York
✟8,511.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
An esthetician is a person who removes body hair using wax. The body hair in question could be legs, arms, or..."down there" hair. :sorry:
Oh, no!!!! Is it allowed? Do women mind?
My cousin does nails and waxing at the salon. I have to ask her about that.

Upvote 0

Alexandrah

Jul 26, 2007
✟9,066.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The only thing one should assume about a male hairdresser is that they make more money than their female counterparts because women tend to value the opinion of a man over the opinion of a woman when it comes to aesthetics.

Cosmetology is very lucrative for men, straight or otherwise. :)

Upvote 0

Adamantium

Sep 29, 2007
✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it allowed? If by that you mean legal, then yes, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not legal in all jurisdictions. Do women mind? Well, I certainly wouldn't get that done to me, but I think it's quite common among twenty-somethings, especially in warmer climates like California. It comes from inappropriate contentography, where all of the women are hairless "down there" so it really isn't something I want any part of.

I get my upper lip waxed once a month when I get my hair dyed. My stylist does it. But of course, that's not the same thing at all, is it! :D

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
Do women mind? Well, I certainly wouldn't get that done to me, but I think it's quite common among twenty-somethings, especially in warmer climates like California.

Snoochface is from California!

It comes from inappropriate contentography, where all of the women are hairless "down there" so it really isn't something I want any part of.

So how do you manage to stay up-to-date with what the girls are doing in those movies? I recently heard that they're now wearing chain-maille armor and shields in the movies. ;)

Upvote 0

MyaShane

CUBs fan til I die!
Feb 21, 2007
Illinois - home of the CUBs!
✟18,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Threats: Male UPS/DHL/Fedex delivery guy (why are they always in shorts?)

I must admit that anytime I pull up along side a UPS truck I have to peek inside at the driver! :blush: Hey, if they don't want me to look they should put doors on those trucks! On second thought....:sorry:

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Sorry, DianaC, but this post literally made me laugh out loud. I hope you won't take offense to that. It was a good-natured laugh. :D

Yes, it is allowed, and women don't mind, in fact they seek it out. Where I live, there is a very popular salon that specializes in these types of waxes (called Brazilian waxes - do NOT google it!) and the big deal with this particular salon is they give every customer a free thong of their choosing after the waxing.

It comes from inappropriate contentography, where all of the women are hairless "down there" so it really isn't something I want any part of.

I'm not sure I agree that it comes from inappropriate content. I think a lot of women do it for cleanliness, comfort, and to make oral sex easier on their husbands.

Snoochface is from California!

I currently live in California, but I'll never be from this $%&@ place! ;)

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not sure I agree that it comes from inappropriate content. I think a lot of women do it for cleanliness, comfort, and to make oral sex easier on their husbands.
I totally agere with snooch... Well there's no way to put this without being graphic so I won't but let's just say I uhh... yeah removal... uh.. before even seeing anything remotely inappropriate contentographic.

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

Adamantium

Sep 29, 2007
✟6,150.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So how do you manage to stay up-to-date with what the girls are doing in those movies? I recently heard that they're now wearing chain-maille armor and shields in the movies. ;)
:p

I'm a librarian. It's my job to know stuff, even when it's stuff I find distasteful.

On a darker note, my ex-husband was addicted to violent inappropriate content. I know way more than I want to about that stuff. I couldn't really escape it...until I finally threw him out. I don't mean to turn a light hearted thread into something dark and depressing, but I lived in hell for 10 years, and inappropriate content was a big part of what made it that way. Don't worry about me, I'm fine. I'm now married to a wonderful, Godly man. God is healing my heart and my soul. And my husband has played a big part too. It's amazing what a difference it makes, when a husband acts the way he should.

Reactions: Redguard
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jelvenko

Veteran
Oct 4, 2005
Florida
✟11,559.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You hit that nail on the head. It is a lot easier to keep things clean without all that hair in the way...

I currently live in California, but I'll never be from this $%&@ place! ;)
I feel exactly the same way about Florida.

Reactions: snoochface
Upvote 0

immersedingrace

I feel like I've been dipped in Diamonds!
Aug 10, 2004
New York City
✟19,895.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I won't let another guy touch my hair, I won't go into why.

Red, I had a male PT and believe me, he HURT me too much for me to ever have any romantic inclinations to him though he was a cutie. So was his business partner who filled in for him one day. Believe me, their hands were on my neck and back (which...um...could lead to trouble...I'm very ticklish/sensitive there) but it HURT like crazy....One day I asked him if my head was SUPPOSED to turn that far...it was like an exorcist moment! I was always snapping at him for hurting me and he'd laugh and say if it didn't hurt, it wouldn't help! Never did believe that no pain/no gain slogan!

Upvote 0

Autumnleaf

Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
When I was in high school I worked at a high class Italian restaurant. A cook in the kitchen got more action from women than anyone I knew and I thought he was cool. One day we got a new waiter who did hair at his other job. He put the cook to shame. They ended becoming drinking buddies. Male hair dressers are either gay or probably in it for the action based from my experience.

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I just overheard a conversation between two women here at work.

Woman #1 was having her hair complimented by Woman #2.

Woman #2: Oh my goodness, I love your hair! It looks beautiful!
Woman #1: Thanks!
Woman #2: Where did you get it done?
Woman #1: Oh, just across the street!
Woman #2: .... did Kyle do it? ;)
Woman #1: Yup! Ugh! He is SO gorgeous.
Woman #2: How old is he? Do you know?
Woman #1: Too young for it to be legal, that's all I can say!
Women 1&2: Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck Cluck!!!!
Woman #1: Actually, between me and you, when he was doing my hair he asked me when I was available to go out to drinks with him. :pink:
Woman #2: Really!!!??!!:swoon:
Woman #1: Yeah, but my husband would FREAK if he found out!

So after hearing this conversation, I began recalling all of the conversations that I had overheard my mom, wife, sister, and all their friends have about this one male hair stylist that they'd all used at some point in the past. And then I started feeling all funny.

Because here's the thing... and I don't know if the same can be said for all guys, but as a guy... when I hear "Male Hairdresser" or "Male Hairstylist", I think "non-threat".

But to hear these two women carrying on about Kyle... I dunno man.

Most women don't talk about men that way. I think "low class" because I have images of old worn out ladies talking lustfully about men, and think about the type that would go to men strip clubs. count me out. When I think male hair dresser... one of any quality, I think "gay" and gay men are awsome! They aren't threats, and good about advice on what does and doesn't look good.

So let me ask you this, because it's what comes to mind. Should I be or not be insecure when I hear men either in real life or on t.v. talk about hot women that are NOT their wives because of how thin they are, how great legs they have or whatver.... should I be threatened and feel like my husband, a man, thinks the same way? Because all of culture seems to communicate that it's a "man" thing. So should I believe my husband when he tells me otherwise, or I should I feel insecure and not trust?

HB

Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
So let me ask you this, because it's what comes to mind. Should I be or not be insecure when I hear men either in real life or on t.v. talk about hot women that are NOT their wives because of how thin they are, how great legs they have or whatver.... should I be threatened and feel like my husband, a man, thinks the same way?

It's hard for me to say what you should or shouldn't do/feel when presented with situations like that. :)

But regardless of what I would suggest, I think that your feelings are already set because you're under the impression that...

Most women don't talk about men that way.

I think that your opinion of women is a bit on the innocent side. :) Now... I won't completely go out to say that "most" women don't talk about men in a certain way. I'm sure I have no idea what most women say or do when guys aren't around.

I'd be more inclined to say that they're not like most Holier-than-thou Christian women... but I've been around enough women (of other varieties) in social settings to hear the kinds of things that they talk about when they're in a relaxed state of mind... some of which, I'm sure, would shock the pants right off of you. I struggle to think of one woman who I have never heard speak of a guy, whether someone that she knows or someone on tv, in a flirty suggestive way.

As for my co-workers, I say that, if anything, their conversation just brought a smirk to my face. It did not in any way make me feel threatened about my position with Mrs. Redguard. Mrs. Red jokes all the time about how quickly she'd leave me if Denzel Washington or LL Cool J were to ring our doorbell with a bouquet of roses in his arms. But I know it's just a joke.

I think "low class" because I have images of old worn out ladies talking lustfully about men, and think about the type that would go to men strip clubs.

I've worked with these two women for the past few years and have grown quite fond of them as both friends and co-workers. Both are in their mid-30s, and I honestly think that they were just having a bit of fun with their conversation. Would they go to a male strip-club? I wouldn't put it past them. But I don't think that they're unique in any way.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It's like what you mentioned, it's something I hear men do when they are being real.... when they are relaxed and such... so I think "is this what my husband would say if he were being real or honest?" "Is he reassuring me that he doesn't lust after women on t.v. just to protect my feelings" because I hear it so much from men when they are being real.

But maybe you've hit on something too... sometimes people or men in particular might say things just to fit in with their buddies, some men actually have respect in their hearts.

Anyways, my personal experience is that the few times I've had beautifying things done by men that were straight, like once with my hair, and once with my nails... I was less then satisfied.. they lacked necessary sensitivity and did a poor job!

So I personally would prefer a female, or a gay men, because in my experience they have good fashion sense. Honestly, if it were me, I think I'd prefer not to get my hair done by someone I was attracted to, because I'd be too nervous and I'd want to be able to relax.

I also have a personal issue with women being attracted to real young men (and vise versa) I PERSONALLY think it's sick and wrong. Men shouldn't lust after women young enough to be their daughter, and I personally am not attracted to younger men. But that's just me.... maybe in 10 years I'll be sitting with my lady friends and saying the same things... who knows.

Last edited:
Reactions: MN John
Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
I still think that most women don't talk or think that way, and anymore I am not accused of being holier then though, but whatever dude.

It's great that you don't feel threatened by Mrs. Reguard.. obviously I shared some of my personal issues..

but I guess my point is that it's easy for me to assume that "all men" talk and think that way because that is what I hear men do when they are with their buddies and are relaxed.

Yet I don't want to really try to change the topic of this thread. Just made me think of that issue I have.

HB

That's cool.

But take note that I wasn't calling you holier-than-thou. Just saying that the subset exists out there. Those who hear no evil, see no evil, do no evil...

Upvote 0