Your view on Malaysia

niwde

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
✟643.00
i am very very very sad to read one passage from an american press
posted here from WorldNetDaily:INS to vet Indonesian and Malaysian travelers

firstly,bibles are sold here,depending u know where to find here,it is not illegal to sell bibles.
and there are malay versions of bible sold here.

it is a fact that converting muslims to ather faith is against the law here
islam is the official religion,but other faithfuls are allowed to worship freely

what i do not agree is that the press reported tens of thousands in malaysia chanted death to america,but in reality only those PAS supporters(PARTI ISLAM SE-MALAYSIA)were the ones(less then 500 of them gathered outside the US embassy,and this political party is also heading the opposition against the BN(barisan nasional)or the national front comprising of component parties representing every race in the country.

all those news report are bull[wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth]ing

it is also true that so extremist are plotting to overthrow the government which is moderate and also chosen by the people to sit and debate in the parliment

but we did the first move and throw those fellows into jail under ISA(internal security act)which was comdemn by the west particularly US when we throw in former deputy prime minister,citing that it is breaching human rights
but now when we use it to extricate would-be trouble makers to the US,everybody just closed their mouths and say nothing,some even went and say it was correct to do so

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Originally posted by lambslove
Why would you think that the US wants your trouble-makers?
 Ask the US govnment. Maybe they are part of 'terrorist cells'. 

Why send them here? Why not keep your trouble-makers and deal with them yourselves?
It seems they  arrested and jailed some and were critized by the WEST. They were dealing with it. We don't have enough background and insight to make knowledgable opinions. That was the POINT of the post.

Kotton :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Hmmm, it seems to me that the point of the post was that Malaysia is being maligned by the American press.

The poster is saying that Malaysia is a nicer place than we think it is.

I guess those people who beat the Christians and burned down their church were simply misunderstood.

I think the Malaysian press may not be reporting complete information, either. Those men who were waiting for extradition were known followers of Osama bin Laden, not just political protestors. They were wanted in America for crimes against the US, not just people with picket signs and anti-Christian slogans.

Upvote 0

niwde

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
✟643.00
i seriously think that the west must review malaysia again.

i thought it was a joke when my duputy prime minister were asked to take out his shoes and belt for security checks.
i can't imagine it.
just like asking Mr bush to take out his shoes for security reasons
come on,do u every think a leader will bring a knife and hijack a plane?????????
isn't it ridiculous.

Malaysia has 3 main races,Malays,Chinese,and Indians plus a few minorities like eurasians,sikhs,punjabis etc.
Islam is the official religion,but other religions are allowed to be practised.
(it is wriiten in the federal constitution)

we were a former colony of britain,so our law are almost the same like the english.this country is a very nice country thanks to our leaders who are not extreme like saddam,and the taliban,or old fashioned.some of our leaders are educated overseas like US and UK like the first prime minister,who was a lawyer and a royalty.

if u really want to know malaysia,come and experience it for urself,this country is not like indonesia where u can see some fellows burn flags and effigies.
things here are relatively cheap,thats y japs and arabs come here to but TVs and electronic stuffs
so come and see

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Security checks are required of every airline passenger, even the pilots and flight crew. It's not an insult, it's security.

Malaysia sounds like a nice place. Your country should promote tourism from the US.

I am still concerned about why that mob of muslim men beat the Christians and burned down their church, though. Any thoughts on that?

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Hmmm, it seems to me that the point of the post was that Malaysia is being maligned by the American press.
YEP, and when I said 'we' don't know enough about Malaysia, that includes the press.

The poster is saying that Malaysia is a nicer place than we think it is.
Correct, we only hear the bad, just as some only get the bad side of the USA. 

I guess those people who beat the Christians and burned down their church were simply misunderstood.
He said there were extremists and trouble makers.

I think the Malaysian press may not be reporting complete information, either. Those men who were waiting for extradition were known followers of Osama bin Laden, not just political protestors. They were wanted in America for crimes against the US, not just people with picket signs and anti-Christian slogans.
This seems the oposite of what you said before. So you know the ones being extradited are followers of Osama, but you asked why America wanted their 'trouble makers'. :scratch:  We failed to comunicate somehow.

Kotton :wave:

Upvote 0

niwde

Mar 7, 2002
Visit site
✟643.00
i am not sure about the news of burning churches here ,i haven't heard of it
the malaysian government threw some suspected JI and KMM(Jemaah Islamiyah and Kumpulan Militan Malaysia)both groups have kinda links with other underground groups in indonesia,philippines(Abu sayyaf) and singapore.
their target is to set up a muslim state in south east asia.
i dun think it would happen.

the first thing the government did was arresting them under ISA (internal security act)which means no trial,straigth into jail.

Malaysia is a very safe place to stay,no fear for terror attacks cause we are neutral since we made ties with communist countries.

come and see,no point watching CNN,they only show the bad part.
for example the mid east conflict,it is not that bad as seen in TV is u see with your own eyes.

Upvote 0

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by Kotton

This seems the oposite of what you said before. So you know the ones being extradited are followers of Osama, but you asked why America wanted their 'trouble makers'. :scratch:  We failed to comunicate somehow.

Kotton :wave:

I thought niwide was talking about the rioters. I didn't realize he meant bin Laden's followers. When I researched it a little more, I got the additional info. Snide remarks are not necessary. I'm your sister in Christ, not some enemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
Originally posted by niwde

come and see,no point watching CNN,they only show the bad part.
for example the mid east conflict,it is not that bad as seen in TV is u see with your own eyes.

Well, I have a friend who just returned from several months in Israel, and she said it is just as bad as it seems there. Very dangerous times to live in Israel! :cry:

Upvote 0

JagSayon

Jun 16, 2002
✟823.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, I have a friend who just returned from several months in Israel, and she said it is just as bad as it seems there. Very dangerous times to live in Israel! :cry:

But the Lord will deliver them - have faith lamby! :clap:

Hmm, about Malaysia - I would say they are making an effort to correct the wrong perception of them being supporters linked to terror cells. These are just extemists wanting to ride on the name of Islam to wreck havoc and make their efforts seem justified. Waves to niwde across the Causeway. :wave:

Jag 

Upvote 0