Veteran
Jun 14, 2004
Virginia
✟17,934.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Seems rather juvenile to me. Would anyone find it as humorous if a soldier did the same thing while shaking the President's hand? A General's hand? This solider may not have liked Hillary Clinton, but he should show some respect for her position as a United States Senator.

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MoodyBlue said:
Seems rather juvenile to me. Would anyone find it as humorous if a soldier did the same thing while shaking the President's hand? A General's hand? This solider may not have liked Hillary Clinton, but he should show some respect for her position as a United States Senator.
Why? If she had it her way, there wouldn't be a military.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Crusader05 said:
I hope you dont honesly believe that, because I would question your grasp on reality.
ACtually I know that for a fact. When she was in the White House she wanted the Marines standing guard to wear suits. Not their dress blues. She doesn't like the military...

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Deacon said:
ACtually I know that for a fact. When she was in the White House she wanted the Marines standing guard to wear suits. Not their dress blues. She doesn't like the military...

Thats a far cry from saying she wants to disband the military. Especially considering that she serves on the Senate Armed Services Committee and supports a lot of legislation to help military members and their families.

Try this link to learn what Sen. Clinton is doing.
http://clinton.senate.gov/issues/nationalsecurity/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sybaris

Mar 7, 2004
✟8,414.00
Faith
Atheist
MoodyBlue said:

The President or a General are not int he picture so that part of your statement is insignificant aka red herring.

Just because she's a Senator she's worthy of respect?

Respect is earned.

Regardless, troops are often posed for dog and pony shows.

Upvote 0

Crusader05

Veteran
Jan 23, 2005
Omaha, NE
✟22,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sybaris said:
The President or a General are not int he picture so that part of your statement is insignificant aka red herring.

Just because she's a Senator she's worthy of respect?

Respect is earned.

Regardless, troops are often posed for dog and pony shows.

Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are expected to uphold high standards of personal behavior, especially courtesy to others. And when that person is a US Senator and former first lady courtesy is a minimum. Courtesy, not blind adoration, is expected even if you disagree with that person.

Upvote 0