Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I sin less today but, my sin bothers me more.

Striving to be more Christ-like the Holy Spirit is doing much good work in me although the sanctification process can be a painful one.

My flesh with its sinful nature sickens me at times.

Of most importance, wanting to finish the good race.

M-Bob

Reactions: Sarah G

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,726,704.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I came across this today.

“I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:25-27‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Take note of who does the work. These are promises, not conditions. So rest in Him and let Him do what He's promises.

Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sin less today but, my sin bothers me more.

Striving to be more Christ-like the Holy Spirit is doing much good work in me although the sanctification process can be a painful one.

My flesh with its sinful nature sickens me at times.

Of most importance, wanting to finish the good race.

M-Bob
Trust n Abide. Fruit comes with water, sun and the grace of God, we can't force it after that.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe sanctification, Bob (meaning set apart by and for God) happens the moment one is "born again" (John 3), which is when one receives the Lord Jesus into their heart, is devoted to Him, and makes Him their Lord and Savior. That pleases the Father, who seals the new saint by His Holy Spirit. There is no pain. I am glad it is not a long process ---but we continue always to have the flesh problems in us 'til we leave this world.

Last edited:
Upvote 0