Sacramento
✟118,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don’t accept Intelligent Design as I think it’s pseudoscience nonsense.

ID is based on irreducible parts. It could be some other intelligence designed it.

The Christian view is different in that the design was put into place by God, the sole creator. In other words, God is the only one who can create life since life begats life. One has to have life first in order to further new life from that point on. God was the only one who created sexual reproduction and asexual reproduction. God allowed humans to change things at the molecular level, but not atomic. This has been borne out throughout the ages by observational science and creation science. Evolution cannot explain.

• Haha
Reactions: DogmaHunter
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I’m a Christian and I’ve got a biology degree. Intelligent Design is pseudoscience! Evolution is a process and it occurred in the past as well as occurring now. Evolution is how life diversified. There is active research in Abiogenesis which is how life came from chemicals. They’re separate fields and you don’t need Abiogenesis to study evolution.

Reactions: tyke
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Haha
Reactions: LaSorcia
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Lol. Were you trying to be ironic, or does it come naturally?

How is the grammar poor? :confused:
. Whose being ironic ? Being ignorant and superstitious isn’t supposed part of being a Christian. So why should I accept an ignorant pseudoscience idea like Intelligent Design?

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

Doctor.Sphinx

Dec 10, 2017
De Nile
✟20,762.00
Country
Egypt
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
. Whose being ironic ? Being ignorant and superstitious isn’t supposed part of being a Christian. So why should I accept an ignorant pseudoscience idea like Intelligent Design?
The irony is that Evolutionism is more a pseudoscience than Creation ever can be.

I'm still not sure if you are being serious, or a Poe.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Science corrects its mistakes ;creationism doesn’t and then tells people that it’s errors are the truth. So yes , I’d rather accept facts than arrant nonsense

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Science corrects its mistakes ;creationism doesn’t and then tells people that it’s errors are the truth. So yes , I’d rather accept facts than arrant nonsense

In term of faith, you do not want to believe in something which continuous and always makes mistake.

It is almost sounds funny that one would believe in that kind of thing.

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Star Trek had an episode that indicated intelligent design.
that’s about the only thing that Intelligent Design is useful for , sci fi or fantasy

Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,260,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's wonderful until it doesn't work right and something goes wrong. IBS costs billions of dollars of lost productivity every year and yet we still don't know exactly what causes it in most cases, or how to cure it.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

DarkGalaxy501

Jun 2, 2015
USA
✟20,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I’m a Christian and I’ve got a biology degree. Intelligent Design is pseudoscience! Evolution is a process and it occurred in the past as well as occurring now. Evolution is how life diversified. There is active research in Abiogenesis which is how life came from chemicals. They’re separate fields and you don’t need Abiogenesis to study evolution.

Doing the right research and with new discoveries being made.....It takes a loooooooooooot of faith to believe in evolution and big bang. I used to believe it. I was a huge science nerd. But not anymore. I strongly believe now more than ever that there is a designer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Doing the right research and with new discoveries being made.....It takes a loooooooooooot of faith to believe in evolution and big bang. I used to believe it. I was a huge science nerd. But not anymore. I strongly believe now more than ever that there is a designer.
The Designer is an opinion not a fact. If you got your science information from a creationist organization be warned that they change the meaning of scientific terminology and they leave out relevant information. Which is why they have their own journals as a legitimate scientific journal won’t publish their misleading essays.

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The definition of what the data says is what is in dispute, not the scientific data itself.

No one disputes the data of fossils remaining unchanged across millions of years. We just dispute what that lack of change really means.

No one disputes bacteria undergoing mutation and remaining bacteria. We just dispute what that horizontal variation really means.

No one disputes finches beaks changing in size by one millimeter, but still being able to mate. We just dispute what that change really means.......

I am still a big science nerd, I too was just once lost in the propaganda while ignoring the data....

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Mitochondria are evolved purple bacteria( alpha proteobacteria) But you seem to think , mistakenly , that once a bacterium always a bacterium . The same thing happened to the Cyanobacterial precursor to chloroplasts So we know that forever-a-bacterium nonsense is wrong . Some theropod dinosaurs evolved into birds . We’ve got the fossils and genetically, birds closest living relatives are crocodilians so birds weren’t always birds. There are a lot of other examples that you’ll just ignore so I’m not going to type them out. You’ve been given ( and ignored) this information before as well. You’re not living up to your user name.

Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Mitochondria are evolved purple bacteria( alpha proteobacteria) But you seem to think , mistakenly , that once a bacterium always a bacterium . The same thing happened to the Cyanobacterial precursor to chloroplasts So we know that forever-a-bacterium nonsense is wrong . Some theropod dinosaurs evolved into birds . We’ve got the fossils and genetically, birds closest living relatives are crocodilians so birds weren’t always birds. There are a lot of other examples that you’ll just ignore so I’m not going to type them out. You’ve been given ( and ignored) this information before as well. You’re not living up to your user name.

Hypothesis.... You keep presenting hypothesis as fact, a mistake a real scientists would never make.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrion

"There are two hypotheses about the origin of mitochondria: endosymbiotic and autogenous. The endosymbiotic hypothesis suggests that mitochondria were originally prokaryotic cells, capable of implementing oxidative mechanisms that were not possible for eukaryotic cells; they became endosymbionts living inside the eukaryote. In the autogenous hypothesis, mitochondria were born by splitting off a portion of DNA from the nucleus of the eukaryotic cell at the time of divergence with the prokaryotes; this DNA portion would have been enclosed by membranes, which could not be crossed by proteins. Since mitochondria have many features in common with bacteria, the endosymbiotic hypothesis is more widely accepted."

But let's all be honest, if that is possible on evolutionists side. no bacteria has been observed to become anything other than bacteria, so your hypothesis has no scientific foundation, but is simply want-it-to-be-so.......

Also you got no evidence theoropods evolved into birds. You got feathered dinosaurs, but no precursor. Oh my bad, this is the part where we insert the missing common ancestor, right? Right????

Cyanobacterial precursor to chloroplasts. Let's see, how does that story go? "Somewhere around 1 to 2 billion years ago......" Yah, ok..... if you all say so..... Shouldn't that story start out "Once upon a time......"

So what? DNA showed that those finches were all interbreeding and had never been reproductively isolated and so never underwent speciation. Doesn't stop you from ignoring the DNA evidence, so why bring up DNA if you aren't going to accept it???? Ahhh, pick and choose right? Evolutionists best friend, ignoring 99.9% of the data.....

Reactions: Doctor.Sphinx
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
"There are two hypotheses about the origin of mitochondria: endosymbiotic and autogenous. The endosymbiotic hypothesis suggests that mitochondria were originally prokaryotic cells, capable of implementing oxidative mechanisms that were not possible for eukaryotic cells; they became endosymbionts living inside the eukaryote. In the autogenous hypothesis, mitochondria were born by splitting off a portion of DNA from the nucleus of the eukaryotic cell at the time of divergence with the prokaryotes;

Does anyone think Justatruthseeker realises he just supported the argument that humans came from bacteria, in his effort to disbelieve mitochondira came from bacteria?

I tend to avoid this forum, but occasionally the irony is so strong it drags me in.

Upvote 0