USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"IF" is an IMPOSSIBILITY!!!!! You can not post any Scripture found in the KJV, the ESV, the NIV or ASV of the Bible that even hints of Purgatory.
You can not post any Scripture found in the KJV, the ESV, the NIV or ASV of the Bible that even hints of the idea that all Christian truths must be found in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did not state the Catholic Church made a mistake. That is false.

You can either 1) give us the verse that teaches that the book of James is the inspired word of God, or 2) admit that not all Christian truths must be found in the text of the Bible. Which is it?

NO IT IS NOT!

It is what you stated my friend.

I repeat.........The book of James does not say it is inspired therefore it should not be in the Bible.

However.....I told you that it was the ROMAN CATHOLIC Church who YOU have stated is responsible for the canon of Scripture....who place the book of JAMES in the canon. Therefore the only conclusion that any person can draw from that is......The Catholic church who placed James in the Bible made a mistake.

BUT............you are taught that the Catholic church is INFALLIBLE!

You my friend now have a huge problem!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You can not post any Scripture found in the KJV, the ESV, the NIV or ASV of the Bible that even hints of the idea that all Christian truths must be found in the Bible.

LOL>>>>>>>>>That does not answer the problem you have now does it?????

YOu have just been shown that according to YOUR logic on the book of JAMES who the Catholic church placed in the canon and YOU said it was not inspired, makes the Catholic church FALLIBLE or YOU ?

Pick one brother.

I told you.....this is getting embarrassing for you. I think you should probably just stop posting on this.

Why not email the Pope and ask him what to do????

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
NO IT IS NOT!

It is what you stated my friend.

I repeat.........The book of James does not say it is inspired therefore it should not be in the Bible.

However.....I told you that it was the ROMAN CATHOLIC Church who YOU have stated is responsible for the canon of Scripture....who place the book of JAMES in the canon. Therefore the only conclusion that any person can draw from that is......The Catholic church who placed James in the Bible made a mistake.

BUT............you are taught that the Catholic church is INFALLIBLE!

You my friend now have a huge problem!!!!!!!!
I never stated that the book of James should not be in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
LOL>>>>>>>>>That does not answer the problem you have now does it?????

YOu have just been shown that according to YOUR logic on the book of JAMES who the Catholic church placed in the canon and YOU said it was not inspired, makes the Catholic church FALLIBLE or YOU ?

Pick one brother.
I never stated that the book of James is not inspired.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You can either 1) give us the verse that teaches that the book of James is the inspired word of God, or
This is such a nonsensical challenge. You know that it's in the Bible and we know that it's in the Bible, and it doesn't depend on there being a verse that says "The epistle of James is a Bible book."

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You know that it's in the Bible and we know that it's in the Bible, and it doesn't depend on there being a verse that says "The epistle of James is a Bible book."
Then you agree that all Christian truths are not found within the text of the Bible. Thank you. Perhaps you can explain that to @Major1.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never stated that the book of James is not inspired.

Your words in posr #458..........
You believe that the book of James is the inspired word of God. So please provide the specific verse that teaches that the book of James is the inspired word of God.

You can either 1) give us the verse, or 2) admit that not all Christian truths must be found in the text of the Bible.

You said the same thing in 5 other posts.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Then you agree that all Christian truths are not found within the text of the Bible. Thank you.
Are you thanking yourself? Because I haven't and won't agree to what you wrote here. First off, it doesn't make sense to say that all Christian truths are somewhere other than in the Bible. And second, we are not even talking about Sola Scriptura anymore but, instead, you've created a different topic.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Are you thanking yourself?
No, I thanked you.

First off, it doesn't make sense to say that all Christian truths are somewhere other than in the Bible.
I did not state that. I stated that one Christian truth is found somewhere other than in the text of the Bible. Here it is again:

Christian Truth: The book of James is the inspired word of God.

And second, we are not even talking about Sola Scriptura anymore but, instead, you've created a different topic.
Nonsense. The inquiry is entirely relevant. If every Christian truth must be found within the text of the Bible, then you or @Major1 must show me where the Bible teaches the Christian truth noted above.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you thanking yourself? Because I haven't and won't agree to what you wrote here. First off, it doesn't make sense to say that all Christian truths are somewhere other than in the Bible. And second, we are not even talking about Sola Scriptura anymore but, instead, you've created a different topic.

It is called "desperation" my friend.

Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I thanked you.

I did not state that. I stated that one Christian truth is found somewhere other than in the text of the Bible. Here it is again:

Christian Truth: The book of James is the inspired word of God.

Nonsense. The inquiry is entirely relevant. If every Christian truth must be found within the text of the Bible, then you or @Major1 must show me where the Bible teaches the Christian truth noted above.

Well. As for the old Major.....he is done for the day with this silly debate.

I have to go and take one of the grand kids to football practice which is a lot like speaking to you.

See ya!

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Well. As for the old Major.....he is done for the day with this silly debate.

I have to go and take one of the grand kids to football practice which is a lot like speaking to you.

See ya!
Have a blessed day, my brother in Christ.

Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
For something I didn't say or agree to, which you knew full well was the case. Oh, brother.
Oh you do agree Albion. Otherwise you would have provided me with a Bible verse that teaches that the book of James is the inspired word of God. Thank you again, sir.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh you do agree Albion. Otherwise you would have provided me with a Bible verse that teaches that the book of James is the inspired word of God. Thank you again, sir.

Please stop this debating with some imaginary opponent.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,232.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is such a nonsensical challenge. You know that it's in the Bible and we know that it's in the Bible, and it doesn't depend on there being a verse that says "The epistle of James is a Bible book."
You agree therefore that it is a true doctrine that the book of James belongs in the Scriptures, without there being a specific verse in the Bible stating as much.

• Agree
Reactions: Swag365
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
@Michie ,

I’ve been wondering about this;

How, as Catholic Christians, should one view other Christians? It seems the Church has gone from calling those outside the Church “heretics and schismatics” (which is not technically untrue), to describing them as Christians who are separated from Rome, and as brothers and sisters. Are both things true?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Swag365

Dec 25, 2019
USA
✟50,429.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Michie;

I’ve been wondering about this;

How, as Catholic Christians, should one view other Christians? It seems the Church has gone from calling those outside the Church “heretics and schismatics” (which is not technically untrue), to describing them as Christians who are separated from Rome, and as brothers and sisters. Are both things true?
I view them like I view my younger brother. Family. I love him. But he'll never beat me in spades.

• Haha
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0