Your problem with Islam.

S

simplegifts

Degrading my faith, does not make you a more humane or caring individual. Christians like you, are the same as Wahabbis, and the same level of tolerance as extremists of any faith.

Speaking truth is degrading your religion? Mohammad was self proclaimed, he had no eyewitnesses of his meeting with an "angel". It is simply Mohammad's word.

Ibn Ishaq, The Life of Muhammad,
the apostle said to Khadija, 'This is Gabriel who has just come to me.' `Get up, O son of my uncle,' she said, `and sit by my left thigh.'
The apostle did so, and she said, `Can you see him?' `Yes,' he said. She said,
`Then turn around and sit on my right thigh.' He did so, and she said, `Can you see him?' When he said that he could she asked him to move and sit in her lap.
When he had done this she again asked if he could see him, and when he said yes, she disclosed her form and cast aside her veil while the apostle was sitting in her lap. Then she said, `Can you see him?' And he replied, `No.' She said, `O son of my uncle, rejoice and be of good heart, by Allah he is an angel and not a satan.

Mohammad's seal of prophethood - a birthmark on his back. I have a birthmark!!

Upvote 0

elephunky

Previously known as dgirl1986
Nov 28, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
✟14,441.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Greens
Some poster's attitudes and patterns definitely reflect a bit of white nationalism, that's kind of unnerving for all of us.

It is everywhere I am afraid. A very popular attitude in the western countries unsuprisingly and I am not sure if it is getting worse or if I am just noticing it more.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Nailed it.

Also, they don't like dogs. It's very unfriendly to dislike man's best friend.

Virtually all Semitic peoples regard dogs as unclean, Judaism included.

Society&Animal Forum - Society & Animals Journal

The only religion I know that has proper respect for the dog is Zoroastrianism, where they are seen, along with humanity as special partners with God against the forces of evil. Cats, on the other hand, are considered demonic creatures.

Upvote 0

GabrielWithoutWings

Strolling through Naraka
Jul 25, 2006
Gainesville, Georgia
✟9,703.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Virtually all Semitic peoples regard dogs as unclean, Judaism included.

Society&Animal Forum - Society & Animals Journal

The only religion I know that has proper respect for the dog is Zoroastrianism, where they are seen, along with humanity as special partners with God against the forces of evil. Cats, on the other hand, are considered demonic creatures.

Finally, a religion that sees the truth for what it is. This is a great example of what I'm talking about when I say that it's difficult to separate Islam from the culture around it.

Freaking cats always stalking about looking for mischief...

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Freaking cats always stalking about looking for mischief...

LOL. I got a kitten for my mother for Christmas and now I don't dare go around in my bare feet lest it attack my toes!

When I lived in India a Baha'i of Zoroastrian background ran a little neighborhood store. As soon as I would come through the door he would have a chocolate bar and a story for me. One day he said to me, "Muslims call us [Zoroastrians] dogs, but we call the Muslims cats."

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
A very dumb plan that never should have worked. All the safety factors designed to prevent such, failed. The terrorists did not succeed, our safety system failed.

It took us all by surprise because it was not something anyone expected. In all the previous hijackings it was always assumed you do whatever the hijacker wants. The idea that the hijacker might want to go down the plane never occurred to us.

Nowadays it is almost impossible to hijack a plane, unless of course you are the pilot like in the most recent case.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
-It's very difficult to separate Islam from the culture around it
-Islam has forgotten its golden age and (a lot of the time) has regressed to fundamentalism that's so rigid, people with new ideas are threatened or killed

I have to agree with you here.

-It's iconoclastic. I love sacred images and Islam has removed a great deal of the sexiness and aesthetic beauty out of religion (unless you're counting calligraphy which can be rather beautiful)

Human and animal forms are not generally allowed in Islamic art forms, but their architecture with its geometric designs is magnificent.

-No bacon and no dogs? I'm from the American South. You don't tell me that I can't have dogs and bacon. Period.

I have to agree with you here too.

-Islam seems to be one of those religions that sits around waiting to get offended at anything and everything.

I get the same impression about Christianity watching Faux News.

-Islam glorifies wealth as a sign of God's favor.

I wouldn't say that, however Sunni Islam does tend to be triumphalistic, something not shared by Shi'ism.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Mohammad was cynophobic.

I think this illustrates the problem with ahadith. There are so many contradictory ones they can be used to prove anything. I know of at least one hadith that takes the exact opposite attitude towards dogs.
The Prophet is said to have observed a prostitute taking water out of a well and give some to a stray dog. The Prophet said that for this one act, all of this woman's sins were forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
The Prophet told us, “Verily, a prostitute saw a dog lolling around a well on a hot day and hanging his tongue from thirst, so she drew some water for it in her shoe and Allaah forgave her.” [Saheeh Muslim]

Ah, I just paraphrased that hadith as best as I could remember it, but I didn't know its source. I heard it some forty years ago.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I hope you are not referring to me. I am just against islamists. I do not see any problems with muslims.

But you think it is okay for Christians to eat them.

There are peaceful muslim sects like the Ahmadiyya sect.

LOL. That's like saying, "I don't have any problem with Christians, some of my best friends are Mormons."

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the scientific and historical errors found in the Quran and hadiths very conclusively show evidence that Islam is not from God..

If you would apply the same standards of scientific and historical accuracy to the Bible, you would find it at least as problematic as the Qur'an.

Scripture simply can't be used this way.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
In your posts discussing the mass murder and ethnic cleansing of Muslims in Burma and CAR, I have yet to find one word of condemnation for the murders of Muslim civilians. Your condemnation is reserved for violent Muslims, and the media, which to your disgust shares stories of innocent Muslims suffering.

There are people who claim they don't hate Jews, just "the bankers". They claim that the Holocaust was invented or exaggerated by the Jew controlled media, and that the Talmud and Old Testament are evil and racist books that call for Jews to kill non-Jews. They do admit that there are "some good Jews", although whenever the talk about Jews it's almost always to do with banks, communism, and the immorality of Hollywood, as well as bad things that Israel does.

But they will loudly say that they are NOT antisemites and that they have NOTHING against Jews.

I kind of see you the same way I see them. Both you and them claim to have nothing against the people groups you always say negative things about, while ignoring bad things done to them. But your conduct on this forum and their words online and around the family dinner table show something completely different.

:amen::amen::amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

scraparcs

aka Mayor McCheese
Mar 4, 2002
Massachusetts
✟91,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, being that nothing in Christianity (OT and NT) has ever given women that right either, I think you're barking up the wrong tree.

I'm speaking primarily of what I know among people in westernized countries (like the US, most of Europe, and the like) and of situations in broader society, such as in a political context or a workplace setting, not in a home or mosque.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The problem with Islam is it makes muslims Impose their ideology on other people.

I agree, but I do have to ask whether you hold Christianity to the same standard. After all, you needn't look far to find examples of Christians doing just that, even in Western societies.

Upvote 0