Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Paul Ellis in his book the Gospel in Twenty Questions says "Your picture of God is the single greatest influence in your life. Define God and you define yourself. For instance, if you imagine God as a terrifying punisher, you'll likely be fearful and guilt-ridden. If you see him as a semi-deaf sky-Santa, you'll likely be a superstitious worrier. And if you believe him to be distant or dead, chances are you'll act as a little god of your own little world. How you see him affects how you see yourself."

So....what is your picture of God?

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul Ellis in his book the Gospel in Twenty Questions says "Your picture of God is the single greatest influence in your life. Define God and you define yourself. For instance, if you imagine God as a terrifying punisher, you'll likely be fearful and guilt-ridden. If you see him as a semi-deaf sky-Santa, you'll likely be a superstitious worrier. And if you believe him to be distant or dead, chances are you'll act as a little god of your own little world. How you see him affects how you see yourself."

So....what is your picture of God?

Loving, compassionate, fair, benevolent, merciful , patient, just, jealous, wrathful as a last resort .

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
My favorite painting of Jesus was done by an 8 year old girl who actually claimed to have have meet Jesus. She is self-taught and was living in a house with atheistic parents and was homeschool, no tv, and very little outside influence when very young. This is also the painting that Colton from Heaven is Real claimed actually looked like the Jesus that he met.

The following is a link which tells a bit of her story and explains how Jesus looked when she met him. It is an amazing discription....

Akiane Kramarik: Visits to heaven and visions of Jesus - National Religious & Spiritual Mysteries | Examiner.com

31b7d36c8425c8e963db4f4ac5e3271d.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CajunQueen

Nov 25, 2008
Lake Charles, LA
✟15,538.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
My favorite painting of Jesus was done by an 8 year old girl who actually claimed to have have meet Jesus. She is self-taught and was living in a house with atheistic parents and was homeschool, no tv, and very little outside influence when very young. This is also the painting that Colton from Heaven is Real claimed actually looked like the Jesus that he met.

The following is a link which tells a bit of her story and explains how Jesus looked when she met him. It is an amazing discription....

Akiane Kramarik: Visits to heaven and visions of Jesus - National Religious & Spiritual Mysteries | Examiner.com

31b7d36c8425c8e963db4f4ac5e3271d.jpg

Thanks for the link, blackribbon. I had not heard that story before. I can't get past the fact that that picture of Jesus looks like Kenny Loggins circa 1980 though. ^_^ But seriously, neat story.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I love the picture when it is large...the eyes are unbelievable.

The think that struck me the most is that although we have no pictures or even descriptions from when Christ was alive...how similar a huge majority of all the paintings have been through history. This was done by an little girl who was NOT raised in the church and then another child saw it and said "that's it".

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I have heard of this little girl thru the book Heaven is for Real. She is amazing! And the picture is actually kind of how I see Jesus except I thought he had longer hair ;).

But yeah, Jesus Himself said if you've seen Me you've seen the Father, I and the Father are one, so yeah Jesus is the picture of God for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums