Your opinion on our Presedent,George W. Bush Jr.,please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stray bullet

God Made Me A Skeptic
Nov 16, 2002
✟20,457.00
Marital Status
Private
Originally posted by Corey

I don't have the statistics available to me, though IIRC, there was a net decrease in jobs during the Reagon era. There was a net increase during Clinton's. Lest we not forget, Clinton increased taxes on the top bracket, and the economy seemed to do just fine.

Really? Is that why we are in a recession right now?

The economy was in trouble before Bush ever stepped into office. I wonder who caused that. It couldn't be a President that rode the wave of prosperity from a new economy and tax reforms put in place by Reagan and Bush... nope, couldn't be it.

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
I know from factual reports that Reaganomics (trickle-down economics) works.

To be fair to everybody who points to their favorite president and shows how good the economy did, think about this:
The economy at any given point is most likely the result of the economic policies of two years before. Of course there are exceptions such as consumer confidence or interest rates changes but as a general rule, the policies set will not affect to economy for quite some time.

So to judge the state of the economy and who is to get credit or blame- look at the previous year or two before pointing your finger.

In Christ, Patrick

Upvote 0

panterapat

Praise God in all things!
Jun 4, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟9,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Here are some economic FACTS:

Unemployment rate 1982= 9.7%
Unemployment rate 1988= 5.5%
(The lowest in 16 yrs)

Per capita after-tax income 1970's= rose 9%
Per capita after-tax income 1980's= rose 19%
(Real income of households from EVERY quintile rose every year from 1983 to 1990)

The annual level of investment rose 76% in the 1980's

The bottom fifth of income earners real household income increased by 12%in the 1980's
(reversing a 17% slide from 1979 to 1983)

The Reagan tax cuts (the largest in history) DOUBLED the revenues to the US Treasury.
(Trouble was- the congress spent $1.41 for every dollar brought in)

During this time period the Democratic congress attempted to raise taxes on the rich by enacting an excise tax on luxury yachats. With this tax imposed, the rich bought their yachats over-seas. Thus a yachat factory in Conn. shut down and the average everyday workers lost their jobs.

You see- we need the rich for they invest, spend money, buy expensive homes and cars. Therefore us average people find employment.

In Christ, Patrick

Upvote 0

Brimshack

Mar 23, 2002
Arizona
✟12,010.00
Faith
Atheist
You keep citing detailed statistics, but you don't provide a source, even when asked. The last time I asked you tried to pretend I was being unreasonable. I'm not. If you are going to continually cite the same statistics over and over, I think it's quite reasonable to expect you to provide us with the source that you obviously still have access to. It's a simple matter, just tell us where you are getting this stuff.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.