Your opinion of UFOs, ESP, poltergeists, etc?

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟236,500.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I had several experiences that left no doubt they are real
I have seen ghosts on two occassions. However, I most assuredly do not believe in ghosts, as commonly understood, as the spirits of departed individuals, or the astral bodies of living ones. They are hallucinations, readily explained by neurological science. Fascinating phenomena, but not at all mysterious, unless one chooses to ignore the scientific explanations. (Ignoring reality is a choice open to all, though why anyone would choose it raises questions.)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen ghosts on two occassions.
Christians should believe in ghosts on principle.

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
At best: results of an overactive imagination.

At worst: results of demonic activity.

In this dispensation, one of the duties of the Holy Spirit is to keep demonic activity in check.

But for those who beacon the spirit world ... either outright (seances, sacrifices, etc.) ... or innocently (Ouija boards, D&D, etc.), about 1% can end up experiencing something they'll regret.

I have seen things I could not identify in the sky, but I do not believe that I have ever seen a demon. However, on at least one occasion (while exploring an abandoned building) I felt a dreadful presence that vanished when I prayed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have seen things I could not identify in the sky, but I do not believe that I have ever seen a demon. However, on at least one occasion (while exploring an abandoned building) I felt a dreadful presence that vanished when I prayed.
Same here.

I've experienced some things that creep me out.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The power of the mind.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The power of the mind.
Please don't tell me you're of the persuasion that 100 people can get together and stop a thunderstorm in its tracks?

I think I know you better than that.

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Please don't tell me you're of the persuasion that 100 people can get together and stop a thunderstorm in its tracks?

I think I know you better than that.
Shirley you jest.

I’m telling you that the brain is the result of millions of years of evolution, and it will sometimes process aberrant information in a context that makes sense to us. For instance, if you believe in ghosts and goblins, you’re primed to see one eventually.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shirley you jest.

My name's not Shirley.

It's Genghis.

Genghis Khan.

HitchSlap said:
I’m telling you that the brain is the result of millions of years of evolution, and it will sometimes process aberrant information in a context that makes sense to us. For instance, if you believe in ghosts and goblins, you’re primed to see one eventually.

Isn't that known as the power of suggestion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DaveDavids

May 30, 2018
asheville
✟17,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I gotta be honest, I don't recall saying I thought God healed me

What I said was something strange happened to me one night and my two types of late stage cancer disappeared

Brain tumors go into regression, not remission ( remission is in systemic cancers ), and from my reading, remissions happen over time, and they happen fairly regularly, I learned that much battling cancer for several years

Also lost a few family members to cancer, so I feel like I'm pretty familiar with the topics / possibilities / scenarios

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2012
✟120,483.00
Faith
Atheist
I was healed overnight from two types of late stage cancer
So one day you had the x-rays, etc. that showed you had two types of late stage cancer and the very next day you had x-rays, etc. to show that the cancers had vanished?
And you never had any treatment for those cancers?

More seriously: "overnight" should be over a long period of time.
You probably had treatment and it may have worked.
Spontaneous remission exists (maybe 1 in 100,000 cases but is is thought to be underreported and a study found "22% of all breast cancer cases underwent spontaneous regression").

You may want to remind yourself of the subject of the thread. Was is it a UFO, ESP, or poltergeist that cured you and what is your evidence for that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0