Glasgow
✟59,048.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I was once calculating the contribution of light-by-light scattering to the anomalous magnetic moment of the muon, and I used two different conventions for the Levi-Cvita tensor in different parts of my calculation. This led to a sign error. I was so embarrassed!

• Winner
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Jack. Not watching your favorite videos. If you don't understand what they say enough to defend the concept or you don't care enough about it, I'm not watching your videos.

For someone who works with so many pieces of scientific equipment you debate like someone with ZERO training in technical topics. Sorry.

If you don't understand the science, save your links.
ok, go back to sleep. No sense confusing you with reality.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh stop it! If you don't understand the science sufficiently yourself I'd say I'm not the one who is "sleeping".
Well, that's scary...... someone telling me to "Oh Stop it". With an exclamation mark for effect....

Actually, if you had the humbleness to observe the video that I posted, you would learn something.

I've dealt with people like you. You are so full of academic knowledge that you are well beyond the ability to think for yourself and look at the events of this world that contradict the lies you were taught. You have been regurgitating what you have been told, for so long, that you no longer think for yourself. What's worse, is that you arrogantly defend these things that you have been told to be fact.

You view others by the letters after their names and the number of years that they have spent in a lecture hall. You are a product of the institution and you will be blinded by this very institution as you sleep.

• Agree
Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, if you had the humbleness to observe the video that I posted, you would learn something.

I don't watch third party videos. If you think you have something to teach, lay it out.

I've dealt with people like you. You are so full of academic knowledge that you are well beyond the ability to think for yourself and look at the events of this world that contradict the lies you were taught.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. We've all heard the random dude on a discussion forum telling those of us who actually bothered to work and study for decades in a field how we are all taught lies. Give it a rest. No one is impressed.

You have been regurgitating what you have been told, for so long

Son, I've WRITTEN in peer reviewed science journals. I've done my own research. And not just pushing the buttons for someone else on the spectrometer. I've got my very own patents as well.

Give me a break. You act like I'm some sort of lab tech.

, that you no longer think for yourself. What's worse, is that you arrogantly defend these things that you have been told to be fact.

You call it arrogance I call it a BS, MS and PhD as well as 2 postdoctoral fellowships and 20+ years worth of actual real-world experience.

You view others by the letters after their names and the number of years that they have spent in a lecture hall. You are a product of the institution and you will be blinded by this very institution as you sleep.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. ANd you, on the other hand, can list a bunch of equipment. Shall I impress you? Here's a list of equipment I've used in my career:

FTIR, ICP, GC, TGA-MS, TEM, SEM, XRD, BET Adsorption analyzer, mercury porosimeter, optical microscope, petrographic microscope, autotitrator, pH meter, turdimeter, conductivity meter, Parr Reactor, Zeta potential meter, DLS particle sizer, media mills, size press, colorimeter, optical densitometer. I've done extensive statistical analysis and design of experiment. I've coauthored a dozen peer reviewed articles, 11 presentations nationally and internationally and have 8 full granted patents along with 5 or 6 more applications pending (that doesn't count the various patent family members published internationally). I have also passed the US patent bar. And I know an alarming amount of information about 1970's and 1980's popular music.

Do tell, do tell how much I'm lacking in understanding of things scientific.

Upvote 0

Shadow

Site Supporter
May 29, 2015
✟94,972.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
really like the idea for this thread.... :D

I can't say I've ever had any really embarrassing moments with scientific errors, but realising how limited my knowledge is and how dependent it is based on repeating what I was taught at school, I find really embarrassing. I know the earth is round and revolves around the sun but- if I was forced to rely on my own senses for observations- I'd struggle to say "this is how you prove it" as scientists and philosophers originally did (without the benefit of telescopes and photos from outer space). It's embarrassing, but I think being more accepting of just how ignorant I am may be a better thing in the long run. You just can't swallow an encyclopedia of scientific knowledge and recall it from memory.

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Very good. I hear this all the time, as an excuse as to why we should ignore things that are in the bible.

Ignore? No. Take a super narrow interpretation? That's what you're doing.

You state that you are a Christian. Let me ask. Is the Bible God's word? Was it written by Him?

Not directly. It was written by men with divine inspiration.

Is it the truth that we can build on as solid rock, compared to the sand of the wisdom and words of men?

You assume contradictions when none need exist with proper exegesis.

Is God our creator? The creator of this universe?

Yes.

So, if these things are true, why would you hold the statements of mere men in higher regard than that of your creator?

I don't. But neither do I take allegory as being literal.

What if you were to read the bibliography of famous person? Or the history of a certain country? AND.. in that book they had snippets of discoveries that this person had made, or that people from that country had discovered, that shaped the world of different sciences, arts, Culture....

If the book is solid truth... and some Science Journal contradicts it.... do you then say "well the book of bibliography "is not a Science Book" so it's wrong?

I will stand by the Bible. It is the living word of our creator. The creator of the universe. The creator of the laws of Physics, Chemistry, Magnetism, Electricity, Weather, Fluid Dynamics, Viscosity and Psychology. All of them.
It is a book of truth.

So, "let God be true and every man a liar" God will show those who profess to be wise... to be fools.

It's a slippery slope when you start saying that the Bible cannot be a source. Just when does the context of the Bible become believable and applicable? On what curve do you plot the degree of accuracy between "in the Beginning God" and "It is finished"?

Will you believe "Professor Richart" at the front of the lecture hall in some building with a prestigious name and a high price tag? Or will you believe the Canonized scripture that was given to mankind by the One who created everything that was ever created?

Do you think that Jesus is literally a lamb or a lion? Or do you accept that there is such a thing as figurative language?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I don't watch third party videos. If you think you have something to teach, lay it out.

Well, what is it? You don't hold my opinion as anything to be accepted. So... I post a video of an interview on a reputable network of a man that is respected in the field of Climate and meteorology.

The interviewed man is a man of integrity and knowledge.

So, if you won't listen to me... and don't hold anything that I say as anything of any substance..
AND, you will not listen to an interview of a man that has (I don't think I'm going out on a limb here) extremely more understanding of the climate and the models that are used to predict future weather...
Then... I can only assume that you don't want to listen to anyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, what is it? You don't hold my opinion as anything to be accepted.

DID YOU MAKE THE VIDEO?

So, if you won't listen to me.

DID YOU MAKE THE VIDEO?

.. and don't hold anything that I say as anything of any substance..

You said something? I thought you just wanted me to watch SOMEONE ELSE SAY SOMETHING.

AND, you will not listen to an interview of a man that has (I don't think I'm going out on a limb here) extremely more understanding of the climate and the models that are used to predict future weather...

LOL. Get over yourself. You posted SOMEONE ELSE'S VIDEO and you act like you are telling me something.

Let me know when you have sufficient background to express your own ideas by yourself. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Some people come here, twist and shout for awhile, then move on to another site.

Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Some people come here, twist and shout for awhile, then move on to another site.

Do you think Jack is going to be able to teach me anything in regards to climate science, AV?

Do you think YOU have anything to teach anyone? (Other than the fact that many Christians skim Luke 6:31)

:)

(Oh but I forget you have a big list of fweinds! My bad! I guess the words of Jesus are optional if you have big list of friends!)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think YOU have anything to teach anyone?
Did you see my list of ten questions?

Did I not ask you to ask me anything about the creation week?

In other words: yes, I have plenty to teach you; but you can't handle it in your current standing.

(You do know what positional theology is, I take it? state vs. standing?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
DID YOU MAKE THE VIDEO?

DID YOU MAKE THE VIDEO?

You said something? I thought you just wanted me to watch SOMEONE ELSE SAY SOMETHING.

LOL. Get over yourself. You posted SOMEONE ELSE'S VIDEO and you act like you are telling me something.

Let me know when you have sufficient background to express your own ideas by yourself. :)
Deny, deny, deny...

It is a man who is well educated, with all kinds or experience and knowledge of the whole climate world..... in an interview... you know... like a documentary on the news?

So, I completely don't understand. It's not a "YouTube" video... made by some dude with an opinion... It's a presentation of an interview done by a reputable source.... Think of it as watching a documentary on your TV but someone taped it and posted it on YouTube...

IF your half as smart as you let on.... you should be able to understand what the guy is saying and how credible he is.

But... my guess is that you just want it to go away.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ignore? No. Take a super narrow interpretation? That's what you're doing.
Actually, I believe that some people would not even believe the Gospel if it was not for the fact that the eternal salvation of their soul depended on it.

The life of Jesus Christ has so many miraculous supernatural events. It is what we Christians believe and have faith in.. It is what saves our souls..

But, soon as you move away from the salvation topic... People start tossing this and tossing that.. as not true... allegorical... myth or metaphor. It's a slippery slope.

In the end.. the Bible will be shown to be solid truth and the Living Word of our Creator.

Not directly. It was written by men with divine inspiration.
So, not directly? Did God not dictate much of the words that Moses wrote? The rest of the biblical scripture is so dear to Christ that He states that not one Jot or Tittle should be changed.

I don't. But neither do I take allegory as being literal.
So, how do you determine what is allegory and what is literal?
Is Sodom and Gomorrah myth or true?
Is the talking donkey truth?
Is the talking snake?
Moses parting the Red Sea?
Jonah and the fish?
Jesus walking on water?
Feeding the 5000?

Just when to you know what to take as literal?

Do you think that Jesus is literally a lamb or a lion? Or do you accept that there is such a thing as figurative language?

If you cannot discern between things this obvious... and the literal things that we are told in the scriptures that are only dismissed because they contradict the Church of Darwin.... There are other translations and commentaries that can help you.

Reactions: Heissonear
Upvote 0

theQuincunx5

Apr 7, 2018
Seattle
✟47,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Deny, deny, deny...

Did you make the video?

So, I completely don't understand. It's not a "YouTube" video... made by some dude with an opinion... It's a presentation of an interview done by a reputable source.... Think of it as watching a documentary on your TV but someone taped it and posted it on YouTube...

It might be the greatest video on earth by the most knowledgeable person on earth. I'm not wasting MY time watching the thing that fascinates YOU. If you like the info, present it. If you don't or you don't care about it or you don't understand it, fine. I don't care.

IF your half as smart as you let on.... you should be able to understand what the guy is saying and how credible he is.

If you were half as smart as you let on you could EXPLAIN WHAT YOU LIKE about the video IN YOUR OWN WORDS. I don't have to prove anything. It's not my video it's not my point.

But... my guess is that you just want it to go away.

Nope, I'd LOVE to talk about any science you understand sufficient to discuss. What I won't do is waste my time watching a video you like. 99% of the time when I do this I end up making a point-by-point analysis of the video only to have people like you just walk away as if no one said anything.

So why bother this time? You're like all the others. You talk a big game but when you need to talk details you point to someone else's video.

Speak for yourself. It lets people know you understand what you are watching. And besides, I honestly DO NOT CARE what videos turn you on. I like THIS video:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I doubt you'll stick around much longer.

Remember verysincere?

Came here ranting and raving, arcing and sparking, screaming and yelling ... then booked.

• Agree
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0