Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Hi friend!

I'm a pretty new christian, and have often been homebound due to arthritis, so I found myself looking at televised sermons instead of getting out of the house.

I discovered Joel Osteens services and was really uplifted.

I don't really know a whole lot about wof, so taking it slow here and want to be respectful of the SOP.

My point about discussing his messages is that they are so encouraging, inspiring and healing, that they might help to either revive or keep alive, this sub forum...idk....

Its best not to start anything up I feel, without staff permission, since I'm not claiming wof.

I came here bc I was feeling curious about other sub forums and I heard that Joel is wof.

So, I meandered over.
Based on a recent comment He made ,it sounded like a WOF statement as to his method of Preaching.
Word of Faith is a set of beliefs that minister to Christians who need to hear the Gospel truth.
What is the Gospel truth?
We are more than what many religions say we are,we are Sons and Daughters of the most high God.
We should look like it ,act like it and receive the gift with all joy.
People are critical of what they lack understanding in,our critics make a ton of money themselves on book deals etc.
But it's not ok for us to tell you the victory in Jesus has been given to us and every other Christian.
We Preach salvation as much as we can,but Christians need to get into God's Word and see that there is far more for us here on earth than simply waiting to die.
God did not put us here to be idle waiting on the sweet by and by,and God did not leave us without his power his Spirit.
God has never left us,it's that man has left him and discounted the victory in Christ trading it in on another Gospel of sick broke and busted and ever so humble.
I tell my critics : look I cannot change what God has promisied,I can only believe in all of the promises.
Devine Healing is a promise.
Joy is a promise
Prosperity is a promise.
Answered Prayer is a promise.
Most of all a personal walk with the Father Son and Holy Spirit is a promise.
Sickness ,despair ,fear,discord,lack of provisions, calamity,are all from our enemy the Devil,not Christ not God not the Holy Spirit.
God's Word will break any curse when we apply it by faith in Him.
I guess people do not like the truth of whom the Son has set free is free indeed.

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I dunno. We have all jostled with each other off and on down through the years. Nothing like the wars that took place in the SFPC forum in the before time, long long ago. Then there was the now defunct "charismatic non-wof forum" which was very strange in that it seemed to be the only forum at CF that was specifically dedicated to attacking another Christian belief system. I used to call it "a safe place to attack and to put down WoFers..."
I think we should be able to arm wrestle each other if we like. IMHO WoF, though being some 50 years old, (I joined it when it was still referred to "the faith movement") still does not have a real theological "SOF" that can agreed upon and have that agreement raise to a level of even a consensus.

I can live with what we have.

Just want to let you know that our SOF (includes) the SOP... but, it's the SOP that has been changed in (January 30, 2016) as stickied at the top of the forum page. Is this the one that you say... "I can live with what we have?" SOME of us have a problem with this version that was sort of (forced on us) without any input from the membership... as compared to the (2014) version that was created by several (seasoned members) and reviewed and approved by Sojourner1 (CF Advisory Team, Policy Manager).

Please note the difference....

(2014 version) House Rules- All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found in the Community Rules. In addition, if you are NOT a member of this WOF group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

Changed to this...

(2016 version) House Rules- WOF members - Even (members) may NOT teach against the beliefs of WOF, nor debate/teach against the leaders/teachers of this group. (Members) or visitors who teach against or debate against WOF beliefs or leaders will be actioned, and repeated issues may result in a ban from this forum.

Just curious and ALL members thoughts on this is welcome...

411127f3-4e88-4dc9-aed9-994f67ab4913_zps6ew4jj6k.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well hhodson,you have a eye of a watchman.

Let's ask a question or 2:
debate/teach against theleaders/teachers of this group.
Who are the leaders /teachers of this group?
Since we are a movement how do we define our theology?
I enjoy Bishop Dale Bronners Preaching,Right in front of his pulpit there is a large emblem of a shield to symbolize the shield of Faith in Ephesians.
In bold letters it says Word of Faith.
No one has mentioned the Bishop here but me one time ,and I had little response.
A Blessed man posted a Duane Sheriff link,great Preacher now listen to him often.
Big difference in their style of Preaching but both sound in doctrine.
You have Andrew Womack and Jessie Duplantis.
Same doctrine very different presentations.
We in the membership are all individuals who are bold enough to endure critics and put WOF as our choice of theology.
But no matter who you are including myself if you post complete Hearcy that has no Biblical doctrine ,you need to be rebuked.
I personally do not think anyone is above reproach when they are
Teaching anti Christ theology.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BTW I do not participate as much because I have been writing books not for 4 or 5 years and after writing several hours a day it is very hard to come and give to the degree I would like. Certainly not to the level I did back in 2007 and 2008. Seems like such a long time ago now.

It was a long, long time ago. I miss the interaction, but it became such a hot spot it wasn't worth the fight anymore.

God's best to all of you!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟562,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just to let you know, your's truly will be retiring on Oct 1. :clap:
I am aiming to become more active on CF again. I have been a bit overwhelmed working a full-time job as a Systems Engineer with the State of SC and at the same time writing books and formatting legacy books. Not to mention researching our family ancestry, being a husband, father, grandfather, and great-grandfather - as well as all the necessary and unnecessary cares and concerns of modern living. I have also lost both my parents and two brothers in the last five years. The full-time job is most arduous as it is the kind of job that can take over your life. "Simplify simplify" used to be a favorite motto. I like that - and I think it is a godly principle that I will focus on in the days to come. But I would like CF to become a priority once again. Bless you, all for your love for the brethren (and cistern ^_^).

Reactions: hhodgson
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont come here enough... haha.

I wish... knowing Jesus as lord.. gave me the right to talk to others. I cant being spirit filed.. talk to other groups here spirit filed. That even debate. Each stays in there little group. As if GOD is divided. We STILL cant come together. I know Jesus. Wait.. YOU DO? AWESOME! Yeah.. thats not enough. Knowing JESUS is not enough. This is truth. And WHO speaks up? Its written we are not here to please man.

Yet.. look what we do.. we please man 1st. Then expect GOD to be here? We so limit Him. On earth as it IS in heaven. I dont HAVE to agree with everything you believe...oh but you know YESHUA! Your family..and this family is MORE family then flesh and blood. I gave money here after being here off and on thinking it would open up new groups I could help. I keep seeing people in need asking for help.

Well I gave and nothing changed. Say what you will.. Jesus knowing Him.. is not enough. Yes.. this is a awesome group. This is not my house. Though there are "spirit field and other denominations" here.. there are OTHER things let in..that I would never let in my house and the word speaks against. And people here ..its OK!

Not to pick on any so forgive me.. this "If they do not then they are not WOF and are not a member.
Therefore they should not discuss, debate, teach." I understand and see what is said. Not hate..not being mean in any way. Yet.. you see what I am saying right?

Forgive me for you asked about this "forum" and I took it past the "bounders". So.. as my Father sees us 100% pure holy.. a finished work. So I see us.. all together as one...ask to see people through His eyes. NO really.. ask.. granted He took 15 years to answer lol. You will never see people the same. Where not even on the same channel so to speak as He is. He cried.. so hard..for not one knew how much He loved them. Its the way He saw them..that I never did..sorry.. if I offended and took this too far. Its a great forum.. Like our brother said.. Jesus is being preached.. amen

Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't come here enough... haha.

I wish... knowing Jesus as lord.. gave me the right to talk to others. I cant being spirit filed.. talk to other groups here spirit filed. That even debate. Each stays in there little group. As if GOD is divided. We STILL cant come together. I know Jesus. Wait.. YOU DO? AWESOME! Yeah.. that's not enough. Knowing JESUS is not enough. This is truth. And WHO speaks up? Its written we are not here to please man.

Hi Blade... You've been here before (it's been a while) and probably seen some of the stuff that went on here in the past. Everybody... is welcome here to talk to us, fellowship and even discuss some things. Just can't debate here unless your a member. Not suppose to teach here either but the few that are still here don't really have a problem with that (as long) as were not slamming other ministries, or other preachers and teachers, or even each other. We just have to agree to disagree at times... and let it go at that.

Yet.. look what we do.. we please man 1st. Then expect GOD to be here? We so limit Him. On earth as it IS in heaven. I don't HAVE to agree with everything you believe...oh but you know YESHUA! Your family.. and this family is MORE family then flesh and blood. I gave money here after being here off and on thinking it would open up new groups I could help. I keep seeing people in need asking for help.

Your right, you don't have to believe or agree with what we believe and agree with. I don't even agree with myself sometimes.
not%20to%20bright_zpskgysrlp5.gif
All we NEED to do is (get along) and share what Christ has done for us... and genuinely help others. Yes, this is the Word-of-Faith forum but we are not going to "pound" that nametag into anyone. Just don't say anything AGAINST... Wof teaching, or it's teachers... and steer away from debating unless your a member. We can handle that right?

Forgive me for you asked about this "forum" and I took it past the "bounders". So.. as my Father sees us 100% pure holy.. a finished work. So I see us.. all together as one...ask to see people through His eyes. NO really.. ask.. granted He took 15 years to answer lol. You will never see people the same. Where not even on the same channel so to speak as He is. He cried.. so hard.. for not one knew how much He loved them. Its the way He saw them.. that I never did.. sorry.. if I offended and took this too far. Its a great forum.. Like our brother said.. Jesus is being preached.. amen

Yes, this is a great forum and it's going to get even greater. I don't see where anyone is offended. What do I know with my "short term memory."
scratch1_zps92elczf1.gif
Your right though, we NEED to see each other through the eyes of Christ and then we can be on the same channel, or... much closer to it anyway.

Drop in more often Blade. It's been awhile...

Word-of-Faith1_zps3y4drm8y.gif

Reactions: Tishri1
Upvote 0