Your input on your Conservative Christianity forum!

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Your input on your forum!

How do you feel things are going in the Conservative Christianity forum?

Are there any issues you would like to be addressed?

What are the things you like about your forum?

I don't post in CC very often, but I am sure of one thing, people think it's a social conservative sub-forum. I'm a social conservative myself, so I don't mind it; however a name change might be in order.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
what do you suggest?

The term, "Christian" is superfluous on CF, I think.

"Theologically Conservative" might be the only way to phrase it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

-V-

Sep 16, 2016
USA
✟38,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The term, "Christian" is superfluous on CF, I think.
"Theologically Conservative" might be the only way to phrase it.
The potential problem I see with that is that this particular section is not stated as a "Christian only" section. And in the Statement of Purpose, one of the rules is that people that don't belong to a particular congregation are not allowed to debate its precepts. If this suddenly becomes "Theologically Conservative", then technically, conservative Muslims, for example, belong to this congregation and would be free to debate. Any conservative from ANY religion becomes part of this congregation. I don't think that's the intended purpose of this particular section of the boards.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
The potential problem I see with that is that this particular section is not stated as a "Christian only" section. And in the Statement of Purpose, one of the rules is that people that don't belong to a particular congregation are not allowed to debate it's precepts. If this suddenly becomes "Theologically Conservative", then technically, conservative Muslims, for example, belong to this congregation and would be free to debate. Any conservative from ANY religion becomes part of this congregation. I don't think that's the intended purpose of this particular section of the boards.
good point.

so maybe Theologically Conservative Christians?

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Why isn't a forum for Conservative Christians in a "Christians' Only" section?
it is a faith group like all the other groups in this section.

it is not CO because most faith groups want to talk to non-Christians and lead them to Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm late in coming to this thread for the very reason that JimmyJimmy identified early on--it's most often mistaken for a politically conservative forum instead of a theologically conservative forum.

I don't have any great new suggestion for a change of name (although I supported the name change from Conservative Christians to Conservative Christianity sometime ago in order to address the same problem we're looking at here again), but I do think it's a problem worth addressing.

Or else do away with the forum altogether in the belief that it isn't needed.

When this forum was set up, there were a number of other safe houses being approved, such as the Liberal Christians WWMC and the Moderates' forum, Bridge Builders (that likewise has never been understood very well). It's doubtful that any of these forums serve a needed purpose today and, instead, only keep members in their own little pigeon holes in preference to exchanging ideas with people of another persuasion.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I really don't know who is a Conservative ---we have conservative Republicans and conservative Democrats, so what does it say? I think people tend to think of Conservative Christians as different from Fundamental in that it is more permissive in doctrines with traditions allowed and practiced; whereas the Fundamentalists hold to a somewhat Bible-only position, though the fundies also vary from Bible-only. There does not seem to be a remedy, really. Just an observation here that might offer a view.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Do you all in this thread so far feel you support each others comments and ideas in here? Are there others you would like to get comments and ideas from for this safe haven?
If so I have an idea where we can begin to clear away the dross so to speak :)
Invite the others you have in mind to help in here ok?

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your input on your forum!

How do you feel things are going in the Conservative Christianity forum?

Are there any issues you would like to be addressed?

What are the things you like about your forum?
As many years as I've been posting here I've never noticed the forum, don't know how I missed. it. Took a quick look and some interesting topics going on. I'll just toss my two cents in for whatever it might be worth. Conservative as opposed to liberal is conservative or liberal with regards to change and Christianity has a long history. In the Origins Theology I managed to talk the administrators into making a resource thread, where people could post various links to online resources, discussion of books, an occasional video. It would take much to set up and easily cleaned up and edited if someone were to just start posting rambling off topic posts.

The Creation vs. Evolution forum when the controversy was raging archived some of the more substantive discussions.

Now that I'm aware of the forum I'll look around and maybe pop in and throw a few more logs on the fire.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
i agree with the sop for this forum:

Conservative Christianity Statement of Purpose
A forum for all conservative Christians to discuss and fellowship together.

A few things to know about us:

1. The Holy Scriptures are the inspired, written Word of God. The revelation of Scripture is completely reliable, inerrant and authoritative. Some conservative Christians also hold church tradition to be a source of authority. (2 Timothy 3:16)

2. Human life is sacred from conception to death, though some conservative Christians accept that the death penalty is justified, by judicial process, in capital or other grave cases. (Exodus 20:13)

3. We believe that the Nicene Creed is an accurate description of the nature of God.

4. We believe in the literal authenticity of Christ's miracles, and the historical accuracy of events described in the Bible. (Acts 2:22)

5. We believe in the judgment of God, and in a literal Heaven and Hell. (Acts 10:42 ; Mark 16:19 ; Luke 12:5)

6. We have a traditional Christian view of morality. We oppose sexual activity outside a traditional marriage between one man and one woman, abortion on demand and euthanasia. (Genesis 2:24 ; Psalm 51:5)

Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage:
Homosexuality and same sex marriage may be discussed in this forum, however, no promotion of these topics is allowed. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

Community Rules
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules. In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against its theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

i thought the wwmc forum was for christians who don't believe this - and feel the bible is not to be taken literally

so the only comment i would make is i don't think liberal christians would agree with our sop

or am i missing something?

iow conservative christians have conservative values as per a literal translation of the bible

and are closely aligned to conservative politics as far as conservative politics uphold conservative values and a literal translation of the Bible

Upvote 0