• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Your Ideal Man and Woman

Discussion in 'Singles (Only*)' started by pilgrimsong, May 5, 2015.

1. pilgrimsong

pilgrimsong Newbie

+9
    Christian
    Single
    Well when I was younger I had this requirements. And as I grow older (in my early 30's now) I have lessed or lowered my idealism. Of course there are non-negotiables like
    1. Must be a Christian and is active in church (because some are backsliders and dont rarely go to church and have fellowship. (Here one who loves God should I say prioritize God over earthly things)
    2. Spiritually matured
    3. I prefer older man than me but now I guess as long as he;s matured its ok

Let me hear yours

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redblue22

redblue22 You Are Special.

+1,446
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I don't have an ideal.

3. Ubuntu

Ubuntu wayfaring stranger

+514
    Protestant
    Single
    I only have two requirements, but don't be fooled, this is far from as simple and straightforward as one might think:

1. She has to be a converted person that's spiritually compatible with me.

2. We both need to be convinced that God wants us to become more than friends.

Last edited: May 15, 2015
  4. redblue22

+1,446
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    way too picky.

5. pilgrimsong

pilgrimsong Newbie

+9
    Christian
    Single
    :thumbsup:

6. redblue22

+1,446
    United States
    Methodist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    so, pilgrim, what's your sign?

7. MehGuy

MehGuy A member of the less neotenous sex.. Supporter

+9,299
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    A woman who is as awkward around other people as me.

8. iambren

iambren Newbie

+148
    Nazarene
    Single
    US-Republican
    1 Needs to be saved, Christian, redeemed ie the real deal.

2 Knows when to take/not take me seriously.

3 I prefer a soft demeanor, feminazis stay home.

4 Ability to be intimate, physically and emotionally.

5 A helper to those who are organizationally-challenged (me).

9. MehGuy

+9,299
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Oh yes, no freethoughtblogs feminist sjw types for this guy!

10. Fenwick

Fenwick ☩ Broman Catholic ☩

+10,038
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    I told my mom the other day that I'll know I've found the right woman when I meet a girl who can keep a baseball scorecard.

Seriously.

Also, someone compassionate, educated and independent, with a faith that's balanced between authentic emotion and rational thinking. Preferably someone on the introverted side of the scale, like me, so that when I want alone time she doesn't freak out and think I'm "pulling away".

11. pilgrimsong

pilgrimsong Newbie

+9
    Christian
    Single
    huh?! kinda lost here :confused:
    Well, I already wrote mine... before I wanted financially stable and aside from being a Christian but lessened it

12. ambience

ambience Newbie

+0
    Christian
    Single
    :angel:My ideal man would be one who is a Christian who desires to please Christ.:)..but believes in forgiveness and second chances...:clap:.........a person who appreciates blessings God has given and trys to show this in speech and actions....:D.......one who knows God can work all things for good to them that are called according to his purpose..:amen:..a man who respects a womans needs and wants:thumbsup: one who can compromise or agree to disagree :preach: where are sincere Christian men who respects women and who wants to find a wife.?........:pray: praying for one who is genuine! :prayer: thanks for reading please reply with thoughts and similar experience...God bless:angel:

13. Fenwick

+10,038
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    An addendum to my previous post, she must:

• Be intelligent.
    • Have a strong and proper grasp of the English language (in both spoken and written forms).
    • Have realistic expectations religiously, personally, vocationally.
    • Be steady and responsible; as in doesn't have a "great new idea for an Etsy store" every six days.
    • Not have any weird ideas about Christianity and in fact is well-read on theology and church history with a penchant for historic churches like the Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, Anglican, Presbyterian and Lutheran Churches.
    • Have a sane family who exercise healthy boundaries with each other.
    • Have a relaxed demeanor regardless of the environment, doesn't get worked up.
    • Have a dirty sense of humor in private, but is well-mannered, polite and respectful when situations call for it.
    • Not just "tolerate" baseball and football season, but actively engages in it - maybe even dominating my Fantasy Football League.
    • Does not dominate my Fantasy Football League.
    • BONUS: Wants to change the world via practical means, such as clean drinking water or other humanitarian missions, and comprehends how those things matter to our lives as Christ followers.

Hey you asked. This is my ideal chick.

14. fromtheAsh

fromtheAsh That one girl from that one website.

+277
    Anglican
    Engaged
    My ideal partner would be a strong in their faith, gentle and sweet, but also strong. They need to ambitious, even if they do not know why or want they actually want to accomplish, not just "I'm content doing nothing". I would also like them to share the emotional and physical intimacy that I desire.

15. MehGuy

+9,299
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    -Submissive, and not the fake kind.
    -Into a certain kind of mysticism..
    -Cute, good genetics (will stay petite for life)
    -Reasonably intelligent
    -Strong willed
    -Extremely liberal (but not the disgusting SJW type)

16. Fenwick

+10,038
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Is that even possible?

17. MehGuy

+9,299
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    Yeah it's possible. Lol.

Less censorship, more rationality, less butthurt about things.

18. Fenwick

+10,038
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Others
    Sounds good to me.

19. Tess

Tess Not a tame Lion

+302
    Christian
    Single
    Ummmm, there are probably lots of specifics that I won't bother to get into, but the main thing is a man that loves me, but loves God more. :)

20. KitKatMatt

KitKatMatt stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal

+1,570
    Agnostic
    Single
    1. They need to take mutual trust and respect seriously. It's something that takes a long time to build up and is essential in my relationship to anyone.

2. Shares some of the same interests (I can't ask for all, but that'd be really nice, too! :p)

3. Is totally OK and comfortable with my sexuality, which isn't geared towards physically intimate contact with real people. Would be best if they had the same sexuality so we're on the same level entirely in terms of not being interested sexually in each other.

If I had to list these on a scale of hardest to easiest to find, I'd have an incredibly tough time. They all have so far been really difficult to find. I am not expecting it to be easy because of my unconventional needs, but unfortunately that's kind of what I'm stuck with.