Not open for further replies.

lastlight

May 14, 2008
✟7,611.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
so i'm up at 1:30 am and all of my christian friends have already gone to bed, i guess i'm left to argue with you guys. i just have a few questions for you anyways.

out of all of the fairy tales avaliable why do you choose the bible?
why not the quran?
why are you so quick to destroy your reasonable doubts with a feeling you get inside from your imaginary friend?
why should the poor mislead kids, who were never lucky enough to get their hands on those golden KJV pages burn in hell?
why should i accredit anything that's happened in my life to anyone besides myself?

sorry, "you must care, or you wouldn't be here searching for salvation." i'm not buying...

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Uh, its not a fairy tale. That you describe it this way indicates how little you know about Christianity. That, or you just want to provoke the Christians here...

why not the quran?
Because it doesn't even begin to compare to the book we call the Bible.

why are you so quick to destroy your reasonable doubts with a feeling you get inside from your imaginary friend?
Uh, what? I have had reasonable doubts but they prompted me to find answers, not simply dismiss out-of-hand the claims the Bible makes. I didn't destroy my doubts, but I didn't let them blind me to the evidence in support of the Christian faith, either. By the way, where do you think everything came from? If you think it just popped into existence out of nothing (as your questions make me think you might), then you're life is more imaginary than any Christian's.

why should the poor mislead kids, who were never lucky enough to get their hands on those golden KJV pages burn in hell?
What kids are these, exactly? Friends of yours?

There are many, many people who do get their hands on the Bible and still reject it. YOur question, though, highlights the terrible consequence of teaching spiritual falsehoods to children -- or to anyone, for that matter. Your question also emphasizes how desperately important it is to get the Truth of the Bible into every person's hands.

why should i accredit anything that's happened in my life to anyone besides myself?
Why, indeed? How about your life itself? To whom do you credit your existence? Or are you just an accident, a purposeless happening with no more meaning than a blade of grass or a pebble on the beach?

sorry, "you must care, or you wouldn't be here searching for salvation." i'm not buying...
Well, then, I'm sorry to say you'll eventually be joining those unfortunate children you mentioned.

Peace to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so i'm up at 1:30 am and all of my christian friends have already gone to bed, i guess i'm left to argue with you guys. i just have a few questions for you anyways.

why not the quran?

Hi and welcome to CF!

I came to Christ in a very short period of time when I was 33. Prior to that I had never thought of God or anything related to anything spiritual/religion, etc.

When I came to Christ, is not right words, but anyway, I hadn't yet read the bible. One of the first things which came to mind when I was a new creation in Jesus was this is truth (Jesus) and somehow I've always known that but suppressed it.

If I suppressed it, totally unaware, but with no direction from any, as to do x or y; I no longer desired the things of my past. I sensed Jesus was right there with me, and I began to read the bible. We read the bible for it gives truths about God and from God as well as from others as well as other information. Jesus is God, died for our sins and was resurrected and the bible shows Jesus from the OT to the NT, though not by name in the OT.

I don't have any doubts so can't speak to your question on doubts. I have no doubts of God I mean. God isn't a fairy tale, and your saying that generally comes from others saying the same. My mother says that, as well does my brother who got it from my mother.

Many things are passed down; lies about God and people thinking they know what the bible says on things, but do not know as most is recieved from other people who also don't know and is why so many people have misunderstandings of God and the bible. I'm speaking of those who are not yet believers in Christ.

People also have false expectations and misunderstandings when it comes to Christians. People assume what we ought or should be like and in reality, we are real people like any other, with different understandings, being in different places in our walk with God, and all the stuff in our lives; also whatever we brought with us, all our problems etc.

Every one is different, believer and non believer. But many make assumptions about ALL Christians and is generally based on someone they knew, or a group or whatever, but is not a reflection of every Christian as again we are all different.

I am guessing you have been hurt and offended by someone as your post is angry.

God cares about every human being ever born and God will tend to those who have never heard about Jesus. Every person is called and no clue why we come to Christ when we do, at least I've no clue, but for whatever reason I committed my life to Jesus when I did, I did.

You've no need to credit things in your life to anybody as you asked about that. If you don't believe in Jesus, haven't committed your life to Jesus, then you wouldn't see God's hand in your life. You wouldn't recognize it.

So you have no need to credit things to God, and as Christians we know as verse says, all good things come from God.

It is very good that you ask questions and state how you feel about things.

I'm sorry for whatever it is which upset you, and if it was a Christian who hurt you or a church or relatives or whatever just keep in mind they are not Jesus and people fail all the time and always will, believer or not.

take care,
tapero

Upvote 0

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I just noticed your title, which I didn't see while writing my last post.

God does love you and always has. He won't stop loving you.

Often people apply things to God which are not true, and again is due to others telling others about things and so misunderstandings occur.

If you feel like sharing why you believe/feel that God doesn't love you anymore, be great if you could write it down here.

blessings,
tapero

Upvote 0

StTherese

Peace begins with a smile :)
Aug 23, 2006
✟22,733.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

why not the quran?
Seek truth and you will find it.

God is not a feeling.
I don't believe that they will. How can you accuse those who have never heard the truth of denying it? God is Mercy and Love.
Maybe you shouldn't. We have freewill to do as we please...God doesn't force us to respond to His grace, ultimately it is our own decision what happens in our lives.

God created us and implanted within us a desire to seek Himself (which is truth)...

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0

1Newcreation

Veteran
May 5, 2006
E. Coast USA.
✟17,078.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, then, I'm sorry to say you'll eventually be joining those unfortunate children you mentioned.

I cannot believe you said this. You just basically told Lastlight that he is going to hell with these children. Who are you to say who is going to hell or not? That is if hell even exists. Are you God? The God you worship is patient I do believe, so how patient do you think God is for Lastlight to have a change of heart one day? You see, you are in no position to ever say this to anyone, because you never know what can happen from one second to the next. Presumptious thinking and very judgemental.

And why tack on the end of your post an insincere 'peace to you' I mean really did you really mean that? One minute you are saying you are going to hell and in the next breath 'peace to you.'

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm a christian for spiritual reasons first and second for intellectual reasons. The Bible is the most true book in the world because it has overwhelming evidence to support it. One unique characteristic is that there are hundreds of detailed prophesies that has come true and more to come. Only a God could have written it. As a start I would read Evidence That Demands A Verdict by Josh McDowell (it would stand up in a court of law) and Examine the Evidence by Muncaster (a former athiest). Then go to www.reasons.org - about science and belief. A PhD in Chemistry started it. (All the religions can't be true because they are all fundamentally different). I choose the faith that has the most evidence behind it and the one that has the unique characteristics that only a God could do.

Biblical Evidence – This is a very small amount of information
out of large amounts of information out there.

Internal Evidences-Prophesies that are confirmed with Bible;

mentioning only a few – but there are hundreds.

Life of Christ
The Tribe of Judah, Gen. 49:10, Luke 3:23-28
(Genesis was written 4004 BC to 1689 BC)
(Luke’s time period is 60-70 AD)

Royal Line of David, Jer 23:5, Matt 1:1
(Jeremiah 760 to 698 BC)/(Matthew 60-70 AD)

Born of a Virgin, Isaiah 7:14/Matt 1:18-23
(Isaiah 760 to 698 BC)/(60-70 AD)

Rise of Empires
In the book of Daniel, Chapter 2 – four kingdoms are described in the interpretation
of the dream of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon: Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greek – Daniel 8:21, 10:20/ and a fourth great kingdom to follow which was part iron and clay – which is the
Roman Empire – during this empire, Christ came and the church was established – Daniel 2:44.

Historical Accuracy

The Bible is loaded with historical statements concerning events of hundreds of years ago, yet
none of them has been proven to be incorrect.
(Bible compared to other ancient documents)
New Testament – starts at 25 years – between the original and surviving copies
Homer- starts at 500 years/Demosthenes – at 1400 years/Plato – at 1200 years/
Caesar – at 1000 years

Number of Manuscript Copies

New Testament – 5,686/Homer – 643/Demosthenes – 200/Plato – 7/Caesar – 10

Consistency – Written by 40 men over a period of time exceeding 1400 years, and has no
Internal inconsistencies.

Claim of Inspiration- It claims to be spoken by God, 2 Tim 3:16-17). No other religious book makes such claims.

External Evidences

(Prophesies Outside the Bible)
These cities were prophesied to be destroyed and never to be built again- and they haven’t.
Niveveh – Nahum 1:10, 3:7, 15, Zephaniah 2:13-14
Babylon – Isaiah 13:1-22
Tyre -Ezekiel 26:1-28

Bible before Science

He hangs the earth on nothing – Job 26:7
(Job was written at least 1000 years ago – some scholars think it could have been even 3000
years ago)
Note: Man only knew the above for 350 years.
Earth is a sphere – Isaiah 40:22/Air has weight – Job 28:25/
Gravity – Job 26:7, Job 38: 31-33/Winds blow in cyclones, Eccl 1:6

Documents that Prove Bible is True

Gilgamesh Epic, The Sumerian King List, Mari Tablets, Babylonian Chronicles

Archealogical Evidence (Still adding to this list today- it hasn’t stopped)
Excavations of Ur, Location of Zoar, Ziggurats and the foundation of Tower of Babel

Upvote 0

hlaltimus

Nov 4, 2005
Arizona
✟1,553.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hi lastlight, Forgive me for taking my shot at your thread, only from a little different approach:

No, I agree with you...It doesn't really sound like you are here "searching for salvation". It sounds more like you are here trying to bury some nagging doubt that what your christian friends believe just might be true after all! Look at the two prospects now: If what you believe is true, (given I understand your position that is,) then both you and your christian friends are safe, but if what they believe is true, then they are safe but you are not and that would bother me too were I in your shoes. Who's position is the safest then? They cannot fail, but you may.

Don't brush off their convictions so lightly if what they believe only appears to you to be a hopeless pile of dreamy, make-believe, fairy tales none of which will ever stand up to a thorough scientific scrutiny. Well...these friends of yours, (I am sure,) already know all about 'scientific scrutiny' just like you do and I do and yet they still choose to believe in an unseen God, who inhabits an unseen eternity, filling it entirely in it's infinite immensity, working upon the Earth by the means of unseen angels...And yet they still believe no doubt in scientific evidence even though all of the aforementioned concepts are unverifiable to that method of study. WHY??? Could it be that they, your christian friends, know something that you don't know? Of course I'm not you "lastlight", but if I were I would sure find out if they really did know something that I didn't know. They still cannot fail in either case...but you may by way of simple deduction. Why don't you honestly give it a try? Feed rather than starve any nagging thoughts that they just might know something that you don't know. Take this in love.

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Listen,
Forget all the doctrine. Christianity is a personal relationship with a living God. if you really want God in your life then ask him. He will show you the truth. He will send his Holy Spirit to come and live with you. He will change you in a way you can't even imagine right now. This isn't an intellectual thing..its a heart thing. Either you believe or you don't. if you don't then maybe just pray for FAITH. God WANTS you to come to him, he loves you! I will pray for you dear one. God bless.

Upvote 0

ClayDS1130

Mark 16:15
Jul 10, 2007
Washington, Michigan
Visit site
✟15,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lastlight,

I hope you're still here.

I came to the Bible because I wanted to find out who God was and what he expected of me. As a result I realized how God wanted me to live, and how my life was displeasing him, and realized how much he loved me because he sent his Son to die for me.

I dispel the doubts because they aren't reasonable. God's provided so much for me that all I have to do is remind myself of all he's done for me and the faith he's given me, and the doubts simply can't compete.

Honestly, I trust that God will do what he sees best for those children. I know God is just, and I don't think anyone is left without a chance.

Why should you give anyone else the credit for what's happened in your life? Well...your very existence. Your parents brought you here, didn't they? That had nothing to do with you. They also raised you and probably put food on your table for years. Now that I've made that point, I'll say that God's done a lot for you, but not because he's an egomaniac. It's because he loves you and wants to care for you, and becausehe wants you to see that he is there so you don't need to suffer in hopelessness, neither in this life nor the next. If you reject him that's up to you, but I pray you consider otherwise.

God bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I cannot believe you said this. You just basically told Lastlight that he is going to hell with these children. Who are you to say who is going to hell or not?
I don't say it, the Bible does. If Lastlight dies without receiving Christ as his Lord and Saviour he will be going to Hell. This is the very awful, but very real truth. Lastlight has made it clear that, at the moment, he is not born-again of the Spirit. If he stubbornly persists in rebelling against God, his eternal destiny is already known. This is what the Bible very clearly teaches.

That is if hell even exists. Are you God?
Quite obviously, I am not. And Hell does exist.

The God you worship is patient I do believe, so how patient do you think God is for Lastlight to have a change of heart one day?
God speaking to Joshua and the Israelite nation said, "...choose you this day whom you will serve." (Jos. 24:15) I think God is still saying today the very same thing to people like Lastlight. Paul the apostle wrote to the Corinthians, "Behold now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." (2 Cor. 6:22) No one is guaranteed tomorrow. In view of this fact, it is highly inappropriate to carry on with people like Lastlight as though they have forever to make up their minds about God and the gospel. While God is very patient and merciful, the terrible jeopardy under which a person stands without Christ gives the question of that person's salvation tremendous urgency.

You see, you are in no position to ever say this to anyone, because you never know what can happen from one second to the next. Presumptious thinking and very judgemental.
It is presumptuous to assume that a person has a next second. And there is nothing judgmental about telling someone they are in grave danger. Would you, seeing the roof of a neighbor's home on fire, and observing your neighbors inside oblivious to the danger, simply wait to see if they get out all right? Would you hesitate to warn them for fear you might be perceived as judgmental or presumptuous? From your response here, it sounds like you might.

What you think is care and concern I think is carelessness and cruelty. I would rather warn Lastlight of the eternal danger he is in even when it offends him, than coo and coddle him into Hell.

And why tack on the end of your post an insincere 'peace to you' I mean really did you really mean that? One minute you are saying you are going to hell and in the next breath 'peace to you.'
Yes, I meant it. And the only way Lastlight is going to get that peace is in a relationship with Jesus Christ.

Peace to you, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bain_Adaneth

Nov 14, 2003
cali~~*the golden state*~~
✟8,442.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fairy tales? Are you just picking a fight? I believe you don’t even want answers. Imaginary?...I've known pastors in my former church who's labored for days on end to exorcise demons from a person's body!

"A person with an experience is never at the mercy of a person with an argument"

Why do you call them your friends?
Did you just one day decide to come here and throw your insults? Why are you so mad? Why is your heart so filled with hatred for God? If you don't believe He exists then why do you hate what you think doesn't exist?

Talk to your friends about how you feel.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟734,719.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

I would like to share two stories of God speaking directly to me in an audiable way to help increase your faith in God.

One morning I got up, and just walked into the hall, and I heard a voice say to me "How would you like to be stabbed in the valley", the valley was a place in Brisbane known for its tough character. I felt a bit afraid as I was going to be going into the valley after work to ask people to church. I decided to go anyway. When I did I walked up to an aboriginal man sitting on a bench, and asked him t church. He said he was an athiest, and did not believe in God. He told me "this is why", "I was stabbed and attacked in the valley some years ago by a man with a knife and spent months recovering in hospital". I knew God understood him, and why he was the way he was, because of the attack. But due to the fact God spoke asking me "how would I like it", that I needed to act with compassion. I told him later what had happened that morning, some weeks latter he came out to church and for whatever reson decided to give his life back to Jesus. As I hope you will do.

The second story. I was seeking God for cures to know ilnesses, and because of being scientifically minded at the time; asked God if I could create a dinosour. It was just the way my mind was ticking. Instantly a term "I bood" entered my mind. It was a term I was not familiar with. I looked it up on the internet, and to my suprise bood was a term that was used by an asian tribal group to gently say NO. So I knew God was saying no.

As for hell your concern was why is God being so unjust to let those who don't know anything go there. Well I will let you in on a secret God is big enough and can speak into hearts on his own, he does not need us to say any thing. He can reach a person, and has on many occassions on their day of death. He (God) allows us to speak on his behalf but he does not need it. God is not a fool he tries hard to stop people going to hell, and it is not a hard thing for us. We just need to have a relationship with God. It is really that simple. But if we know something he expects us to act on it, he may not speak again on the issue, we need to be sober as well as expectant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.