Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mine are:

Say not thou, He hath caused me to err: for he hath no need of the sinful man.The Lord hateth all abomination; and they that fear God love it not. He himself made man from the beginning, and left him in the hand of his counsel; If thou wilt, to keep the commandments, and to perform acceptable faithfulness. He hath set fire and water before thee: stretch forth thy hand unto whether thou wilt. Before man is life and death; and whether him liketh shall be given him. For the wisdom of the Lord is great, and he is mighty in power, and beholdeth all things: And his eyes are upon them that fear him, and he knoweth every work of man. He hath commanded no man to do wickedly, neither hath he given any man licence to sin. (Sirach 15, 12-20 LXX)

Yours?

a_ntv

Ens Liturgicum
Apr 21, 2006
✟35,618.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Wisdom 3:1-9
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Arial, Geneva]But the souls of the just are in the hand of God, and the torment of death shall not touch them.
In the sight of the unwise they seemed to die: and their departure was taken for misery:
And their going away from us, for utter destruction: but they are in peace.
And though in the sight of men they suffered torments, their hope is full of immortality.
Afflicted in few things, in many they shall be well rewarded: because God hath tried them, and found them worthy of himself.
As gold in the furnace he hath proved them, and as a victim of a holocaust he hath received them, and in time there shall be respect had to them.
The just shall shine, and shall run to and fro like sparks among the reeds.
They shall judge nations, and rule over people, and their Lord shall reign for ever.
They that trust in him, shall understand the truth: and they that are faithful in love shall rest in him: for grace and peace is to his elect.

(here the full chapter)
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

xristos.anesti

Veteran
Jul 2, 2005
✟10,525.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Psalm 151
This Psalm is a genuine one of David, though supernumerary, composed when he fought in single combat with Goliad.

I was small among my brethren, and youngest in my father’s house: I tended my father’s sheep.
My hands formed a musical instrument, and my fingers tuned a psaltery.

And who shall tell my Lord? the Lord himself, he himself hears.

He sent forth his angel, and took me from my father’s sheep, and he anointed me with the oil of his anointing.

My brothers were handsome and tall; but the Lord did not take pleasure in them.

I went forth to meet the Philistine; and he cursed me by his idols.

But I drew his own sword, and beheaded him, and removed reproach from the children of Israel.(LXX Brenton)

Upvote 0

Colabomb

I seek sin like a moth towards flame, save me God.
Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
✟19,125.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At the moment...Tobit - the whole book.

But I particularly like Tobit 8, which was one of the readings at our wedding.:thumbsup:

Just curious.

Tobit is inspired, I believe in the larger canon, but do you believe it is history or a moral parable?

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
At the moment...Tobit - the whole book.

Me, too. Tobit is my favorite book in the entire bible. I read it and reread it and tell others to read it as if were, well, holy writ. :) It's very romantic and inspiring.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums