Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, there probably is a higher percentage of Bible believing Christians here so of course it is "worse". I didn't think that a Christian would use that terminology.
I meant worse for being secular and less Christian. It says far more about you that you immediately thought the opposite than it does me.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I meant worse for being secular and less Christian. It says far more about you that you immediately thought the opposite than it does me.
The holiday works better as a secular holiday. And Christmas here is far less secular than in Europe. Perhaps it would be better to get one's facts straight..

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The holiday works better as a secular holiday. And Christmas here is far less secular than in Europe. Perhaps it would be better to get one's facts straight..
Bit aggressive for on here. I said "I get the impression...". I didnt say its a fact. And what makes you such an expert? Whats your experience of Christmas in both the US and the various countries of Europe?

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
We sang Cantique de Noel in 6th grade glee club. It's a pretty song, but not easy to sing. There's a note near the end that jumps a whole octave. The French composer Adolphe Adam wrote mostly ballets and operas. The song sounds best when sung in the original French by a good opera singer. Andrea does a nice version. And he nails that high note at the end.

Upvote 0